New Nitto NT05's Are On

sik02gt

Established Member
i was actually just reading an article on these new nitto tires, i too am curious to see how long they are going to last

99BOSS

Established Member
What little Ive driven so far they are great street tires. They are very sticky and soft. Just on a normal 15 min drive to work, I pulled in the parking lot and gravel from the gutter was stuck on my tires. I havent done any hard cornering yet but will this weekend. I cant see these tires lasting more than 12k to 15k miles. And to get that, you'd have to take it easy somewhat. No smokeshows, autocrosses, lots of drag strip passes, etc.

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
I love my m/t drag radials, I will never get nittos for any car again. Traction can not be compared between the two different drag radials

cbr repsol

Established Member
I read in the summit catalog that the drag radials are not intended for continual highway use. I know people run them all the time and you might only get 5 to 10k miles out of them. Im just concerned with safety since the cobra is the only car we have running right now.

thoughts?

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
I cant see these tires lasting more than 12k to 15k miles. And to get that, you'd have to take it easy somewhat. No smokeshows, autocrosses, lots of drag strip passes, etc.
You should be able to get more miles than that out of them. I get 10-12k out of my Nitto DR's and they're 100 treadwear.

99BOSS

Established Member
Ok, hopefully so. I only drive it a couple thousand miles a year so they should hold me for a while. I need to put my MT DRs on and really see what sticky is!

KILRSVT

Established Member
looks sweet, and to what I have been reading they seem to hook up. yes new tires will stink up the garage like rubber I put on my sumitimo tread wear 160 pretty soft tire and yes it smelled like rubber for a week.

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
I read in the summit catalog that the drag radials are not intended for continual highway use. I know people run them all the time and you might only get 5 to 10k miles out of them. Im just concerned with safety since the cobra is the only car we have running right now.

thoughts?

most of the miles on my cobra are highway miles and most of the time on the road, it has been on a drag radial. no issues

Jefe

Established Member
Does anyone know the tread count of F1s, i bet the answer is in here some where but i didnt see it.

F1GSD3 is a 280TW

So far so good. No more rank smell and they still hook great. Got the tires wet the other day and floored it and had a little bit of wheel hop but it stayed in a straight line. Love these tires

Last edited:

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Yeah, totally unfounded.

So long as you're not exceeding the speed rating of the tire (140 MPH for Nitto DR's) for prolonged periods of time, it will be just fine.

I've got the majority of my 96k miles on the highway - but have also done quite a few mountain drives and a few trips to the roadcourse on the DR's. They work well in terms of grip, you can feel the softer sidewall, but it certainly isn't anything that keeps me off of the track. I like it because you can feel when they're about to let go.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
I love my m/t drag radials, I will never get nittos for any car again. Traction can not be compared between the two different drag radials
Yes, but your MTs are only going to last 3-5K miles of regular street driving, and try driving them in the rain.. The 555Rs are a better DD tire, the MTs are a better race tire.. Finding a better balance of traction and longevity is pretty tough with the 555Rs..

I am about to replace my 555s with another set this season, and I drive my Cobra every day in the summer and I've never had an issue with cornering ability, wet traction or highway worries, and I am running the 315s on a stock wheel.

Jefe

Established Member
Almost 2k miles on them. Still great! Hardly looks like the tread has changed

DSCI10392.jpg

DSCI10382.jpg

And today its getting cleaned. Had 2 guys in the last month stop me and ask me about them. Words spreading...These are for real!

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
nittos

what about the price on these? ive been using bfg kdw for 150 each on 275/40/17..ive also tryed the bfg 285/40/17 at 175 each..and compared the 315 nittos to:read: the 285 was about a 1/4 less of road contact(messured black spot on road)

Jefe

Established Member
I think they were $165/each mounted/balanced

Jefe

Established Member
Finally rained here for the first time in months....The NT05's rock on wet roads! I actually got in boost when the road was empty a few times and it didnt start to spin until 4500rpm or so but stayed fairly straight. No wheel hop which surprised me. I was up near 60mph a couple times, never felt unstable. Very impressed

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Finally rained here for the first time in months....The NT05's rock on wet roads! I actually got in boost when the road was empty a few times and it didnt start to spin until 4500rpm or so but stayed fairly straight. No wheel hop which surprised me. I was up near 60mph a couple times, never felt unstable. Very impressed

Wow! I wish my NT555 ZRs didn't wear so slow so I could get these. Glad to hear their wet performance is good to back up there great dry performance, keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread