Who Wants A Whipple W175AX For Their 03-04?

Ironhand

Banned
Wait.... No Literally Wait.

Response I received from Michael Malicoat @ Whipple

We are planning to do the W175 for the cobra. Not sure when we will get to it but if I had to guess, I would say 6 months to a year.

If you want it any sooner then feel free to send him an email requesting an 03-04 kit. It might make Whipple produce one alot faster.

[email protected]

sd04cobra

Established Member
this topic comes up every couple months... the same answer continuously comes with the same question. it's too bad, because there seems like a great demand for this application, but it'd basically kill the market for the 140. whipple probably knows more than the average person also, as the 140 pretty much covers the street scene - people that ask for bigger just like bigger numbers (myself included.. ha)

that being said, i'd be one of the first to buy one!

GodStang

Established Member
With the new 2011 Mustangs coming out they are more interested in modding them not building a blower for a car thats almost 10 years old. There is really no market for them. Yes they will sell some but doubt it would be enough on the business side.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I would be in.

If Whipple produced the 2.9L, new sales for the 2.3L would vanish!

Make it with a 2 piece inlet for ease of install of fuel rails and injectors (like the Stock Eaton) and integrate the intercooler to mount into the lower intake like the GT500's and sales would never be higher! They would fly off the shelf!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm being told that we may have 2.9L kits available for the 03-04 Cobra as early as next week. Once I confirm pricing and options I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Jared

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I'm being told that we may have 2.9L kits available for the 03-04 Cobra as early as next week. Once I confirm pricing and options I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Jared

Just saw that on your fb update.... :banana:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Wow if this is true, this makes me think of ditching my Vortech and picking up a 2.9L. That is awesome!!

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member

Jared

Damn Jared. Keep us posted please. That would really be interesting. I could definitely use a bigger blower.

I wonder what fitment would be like...stock hood, fuel rails, etc.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
I was waiting for this to be posted. Honestly, 2.3 sales would drop for the Terminators but you have to remember that the 2.3 is also used in the Lightning, S197 and now the 5.0 kits so ceasing production is not likely gonna happen.

Anybody want a lightly used 2.3? I want me some 2.9 hopefully with a crusher and minimal massaging to make it fit.

TVSCobra

Established Member
Yes! Yes! Yes! That is awesome, can't what to here more about it. Looks like there will be lots 2.3 for sale. Maybe I will finally get a whipple and stop talking about it.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
any blower larger than stock will put a greater amount of stress on the front of the crank. with that said the 2.9L will be less than the 3.4L, but how much less probably isn't known...

i think the 2.9 would be a fantastic idea for whipple. i mean all the e85 setups right now with the 2.3, imagine with the larger amount of air flow at higher rpms...probably a 30-40rwhp increase at the same boost level!!

Users who are viewing this thread