Who Wants A Whipple W175AX For Their 03-04?

layzie

Established Member
If the 2.9 is only three hundred more than a net new 2.3, do you guys anticipate a price drop for a new 2.3?
Also, what do you guys think used 2.3's will go down to?

Last edited:

MVD

Established Member
I talked to Whipple yesterday. 2.9L kit will be available in 3-4 weeks, 4.0L kit is already available. 2.9L kit comes with standard inlet and 4.0L kit comes with Crusher inlet. Both kits have passenger side inlets too, so they did not just take the blower from the S-197's, swap the adapter and call it a kit for the 03-04 crowd.

He told me the price for both but I forgot the exact numbers. Like $3,800 for the 2.9L and $6,500 for the 4.0L. Don't quote me on those prices, but they should be close.

Last edited:

boostingwild

Established Member
I talked to Whipple yesterday. 2.9L kit will be available in 3-4 weeks, 4.0L kit is already available. 2.9L kit comes with standard inlet and 4.0L kit comes with Crusher inlet. Both kits have driver side inlets too, so they did not just take the blower from the S-197's, swap the adapter and call it a kit for the 03-04 crowd.

He told me the price for both but I forgot the exact numbers. Like $3,800 for the 2.9L and $6,500 for the 4.0L. Don't quote me on those prices, but they should be close.

:banana::dancenana::rockon::burnout:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
2.9L kit comes with standard inlet...Both kits have driver side inlets too...

The standard (non-crusher inlet) takes this blower out of the equation for me. I don't see the point in buying a
blower that needs a $2K inlet bought after the fact. I could've dealt with the driver side inlet. I'd go turbo first
before paying $5K+ for a blower.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I screwed up and edited my post. Inlets are passenger side just like OEM.

That's cool, but the standard sized inlet is a sticking point for me.
I guess I'll wait to see what some real world numbers look like when guys
like us start getting their hands on the 2.9L blowers.

Fat-cat

Established Member
The stock inlet on the 2.9 i dont think will be a restriction. Might make half the power the crushers on the 3.4 make if i had to guess. As mentioned there is little to no gain on the 2.3's

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
The stock inlet on the 2.9 i dont think will be a restriction. Might make half the power the crushers on the 3.4 make if i had to guess. As mentioned there is little to no gain on the 2.3's

If we can make 700rwhp or more with the 2.9, I'm in. I'd really like to get
to 750rwhp without spray and without having to go with the 3.4.

wilderyzed

Established Member
This is awesome, Just when I get my bank account back up now I gotta go drop a grand or 2 and sell my 2.3 BRING ON THE 2.9 BABY!!!

layzie

Established Member
This is awesome, Just when I get my bank account back up now I gotta go drop a grand or 2 and sell my 2.3 BRING ON THE 2.9 BABY!!!

Wilderyzed, Would you like to buy the new 2.9 for just $1,500?

Sound alright? Good.. then sell me your 2.3 for $2,100 and go but it!

Ironhand

Banned
The stock inlet on the 2.9 will not be a restriction until around the 22psi mark on a stock 4.6 Cobra motor. According to Whipple atleast.

The 2.3 and the 2.9 share the same bolt spacing on the back of the blower for the inlet

The 3.4 and 4.0 share the same bolt spacing on the back of the blower for the inlet.

Just so if anyone wants to change or modify an inlet you know what your working with before hand.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
The stock inlet on the 2.9 will not be a restriction until around the 22psi mark on a stock 4.6 Cobra motor. According to Whipple atleast.

That's disappointing. I'd want to max the 2.9L whipple out in terms of blower rpm. It's unfortunate that the blower doesn't come with an intact that doesn't need to be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread