Who Wants A Whipple W175AX For Their 03-04?

muttley

-Neal-
Established Member
YES! I have been waiting for this too.. 4.0 upper only! Will that fit under the stock hood?

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
I'm being told that we may have 2.9L kits available for the 03-04 Cobra as early as next week. Once I confirm pricing and options I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Jared

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

After waiting sooooo long! Thanks for the update Jared!

EDIT: When you find out, I'm sure a lot of us would like to know of available options with the kit as well. 160MM TB, straight shot intake, MAF?

Thanks.

Last edited:

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Damn Jared. Keep us posted please. That would really be interesting. I could definitely use a bigger blower.

I wonder what fitment would be like...stock hood, fuel rails, etc.

Unit you've had the 'ole yeller 2.2L since forever. It'd be weird to see 'Whipple' somewhere in your sig :dw: LOL.

:beer:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Unit you've had the 'ole yeller 2.2L since forever. It'd be weird to see 'Whipple' somewhere in your sig :dw: LOL.

:beer:

I know! It's a dinosaur, but she's still making nice power! I know it'll make 650rwhp/630rwtq with some long tubes. My stock manifolds are choking it badly.
I'll definitely sell it to upgrade to a 2.9 if this actually happens. :rockon:

jm35ny

Established Member
I`m in for one! I was looking at the KB 2.6/2.8 becuase i wanted something bigger than the 2.3 whipple but didn`t want the 3.4.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm willing to bet you are going to see almost every E-85 guy switch to the 2.9 lol, if not every 2.3 guy switching to the 2.9 lol.. This opens up a whole new realm for me to explore if this really does come out..

liedenfrost

Established Member
I'm willing to bet you are going to see almost every E-85 guy switch to the 2.9 lol, if not every 2.3 guy switching to the 2.9 lol.. This opens up a whole new realm for me to explore if this really does come out..

I've been waiting for a 2.9 to do E85. I was originally thinking a 2.3 Whipple with a 2.75 upper; but it would be nice to use a 3.0 pulley on a 2.9 and get 22-23 psi with E85. We are looking at a 700 rwhp car!

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
A LOT of people have been waiting for the 2.9L offering for the 2003-4. Can't wait for some hard numbers on 93 octane.

I want one so I can spin it hard. I'd like to see what it could do at around 25-27psi on 110 octane. :beer:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I know! It's a dinosaur, but she's still making nice power! I know it'll make 650rwhp/630rwtq with some long tubes. My stock manifolds are choking it badly.
I'll definitely sell it to upgrade to a 2.9 if this actually happens. :rockon:

you let me know when that blower is for sale :-D

Users who are viewing this thread