Difference in Subframe Connectors?

Which Subframe Connector would I benefit the most from?

• Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors

Votes: 40 63.5%
  • Global West Competition Subframe Connectors

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix Subframe Connectors

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • They're all the same

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

3Laser3

Established Member
Are there differences in Subframe Connectors?

I know this has been brought up quite a bit, but I've been searching for several hours now and tired of it. MM full length subframe connectors seems to be the most popular choice, which I was originally going to get, but then I started to reading about Global West and Kenny Brown Full Matrix, and now I'm not sure what to get. Is it really worth it to get the Global West or Kenny Brown Full Matrix instead of the cheaper MM? FYI, I daily drive my convertible which is basically stock if this makes a difference. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
The MM are popular because they are the best frames for the money. If your looking for maximum stiffness then the Kenny Brown matrix would be your best bet, but if you don't want to hack-up the car and don't like steel rails running along the inside of the floor boards I would go with the Global West full length subs.

Personally I would spring for the Global West subs. Just look at them compared to a retangular section steel rails used on inexpensive subs.

jm35ny

Established Member
Steeda makes nice full length FC with a beefy plates, the MM ones are good too. The most important thing of all is that they are welded in right!

bwahl602

Established Member
in my opinion and accroding to research as well as the general public.. Maximum motorsports or steeda

If you have more money, the griggs world challenge is the best unless you can fab your own

I honestly cant see, nor can i find any info to support that the frames with jacking rails will make the car stiffer.. Yes, you can lift the car easier from that outside edge, but its likely just additional weight

Best in my opinion would be through the floor SFC's such as the griggs kit, as well as an X brace under the car connecting the left and right subframes together.

After that its a roll cage

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
MMFLSFC IMO. I love mine!

very good product, you cant really go wrong with any of them. my installer recommened steeda. said they had an extra piece that him do some extra welding around the torque box, but i had already purchased th MM.

oldmodman

Established Member
HANS first, if you can still find a set. Very Expensive.

Kenny Brown. Very good but still a little costly.

Maximum Motorsports, best for the price. A huge improvement over nothing.

greengt88

Established Member
FWIW I just had Steeda install MM subframes today....the salesman wasn't thrilled about that but there tech seemed to like how they fit alittle better than their own...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Notice OP the people that are saying they love the MMFLSC's all have Coupe's. I had them on my Convertible until I had some custom ones made. My car on a lift with the MMFLSC's was still a noodle. The ones I have now are tied directly into the 6 point Rollbar at the ends.

Spend the extra money and do it right!

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Notice OP the people that are saying they love the MMFLSC's all have Coupe's. I had them on my Convertible until I had some custom ones made. My car on a lift with the MMFLSC's was still a noodle. The ones I have now are tied directly into the 6 point Rollbar at the ends.

Spend the extra money and do it right!

Ok, so which ones would you recommend for a 'vert without a cage / rollbar?

Thanks,

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
HANS or the Global Wests. They're going to be expensive and more to install too. Seriously though the MM's just don't do a whole lot for a Vert. I saw my car on a 4 point lift before and after and couldn't believe how much they didn't do. Will they work? Sure but there's better ones IMHO.

Savn4Mods

You serious Clark?
Established Member
I did not want to cut up the floor. Period. So that immediately cut out Griggs, which would be the ultimate. I did the Global West on mine with the jacking rail. I liked the fact that they tuck up higher under the car and use chromolly steel tubing. I like the Global West and would buy them again, but I would buy them unassembled. I am pretty picky and mine did not fit very well out of the box. I had to cut and move some brackets around to make them work. Once they fit like i wanted I had them re-powdercoated and welded them on. They turned out pretty nice. I like having the jacking rail since my car still has the IRS which makes it hard to jack up from the rear.

I would have done the HANS if they were available at the time. I did see where there is a thread with some guys getting HANS to do another run of them. You might check that out.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have the Hans Racecraft ones that I welded in over this past winter. If you can get in on the group buy that is running - do it. I have not driven the car since the install, but just from working on it, I can tell you that the stiffness is now almost as good as my full tube chassis FFR Cobra, which when jacked at any point, could lift at least 3 wheels off the floor. I can even open, and close the doors while jacked up with ease now on my vert. I also did the Hans rear STB, while I welding, because I feel that it helps to tie the 2 sides together better.

monX

Established Member
I got the MMFLSFC and love mine. Highly recommend them.

SlowSVT

Established Member
in my opinion and accroding to research as well as the general public.. Maximum motorsports or steeda

I honestly cant see, nor can i find any info to support that the frames with jacking rails will make the car stiffer.. Yes, you can lift the car easier from that outside edge, but its likely just additional weight

:dw:

Users who are viewing this thread