Ported Eaton a Waste?

SuperRok

Established Member
I want to keep my exhaust system stock. It only has flowmaster mufflers. I have a stock eaton hitting 15 psi with pulley swap. I want to port the Eaton to lower temps and gain a little bit of hp. Some say that is pointless unless I swap out the exhaust. I say no. Thoughts?

cobracide

Established Member
You will gain hp with a port regardless of the exhaust but you're leaving 10-15hp (more without long tubes) on the table with the stock exhaust.

SuperRok

Established Member
You will gain hp with a port regardless of the exhaust but you're leaving 10-15hp (more without long tubes) on the table with the stock exhaust.

How much do you think with a Posi Port on a Mustang Dyno? I only did 418rwhp and 485lbs of tq. I have pulley swap upper/lower, ram air intake, and Fluidyne heat exchanger. The numbers seem low, but most people argue Mustang Dynos read 10-12% less than a Dynojet.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Honestly I wouldn't bother to port it in your case scenario since you're leaving the exhaust and other stuff stock. You might gain 30-50HP but its worthless without other supporting mods IMO

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
I want to keep my exhaust system stock. It only has flowmaster mufflers. I have a stock eaton hitting 15 psi with pulley swap. I want to port the Eaton to lower temps and gain a little bit of hp. Some say that is pointless unless I swap out the exhaust. I say no. Thoughts?

Y would u want ur exhaust stk, at least get high flow cats, the stk exhaust will really hold back the ported blower IMO not to mention ur cats will get clogged faster with all the extra fuel that will need to be ran threw. I also dont think ur gona lower temps any better u will be bring in more power and boost and you will have alot of back pressure might even blow out plugs alot easier. I say its a waste.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How much power you make will depend in part on your tune. If you have Posi port your blower you should see something in the 40-50 rwhp range if you stick with your exhaust setup as is. You're wanting more power so do it right and upgrade your midpipe and catback. No sense porting your blower only to leave power on the table. JMO.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I think you will get more power from changing your exhaust & it will sound better! I changed mine with 50 miles on it & now I have A like new stock catback.

Jefe

Established Member
I want to keep my exhaust system stock. It only has flowmaster mufflers.
Too late :rolling:

I I have a stock eaton hitting 15 psi with pulley swap. I want to port the Eaton to lower temps and gain a little bit of hp. Some say that is pointless unless I swap out the exhaust. I say no. Thoughts?
Might as well get a killer chiller then....

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
How much power you make will depend in part on your tune. If you have Posi port your blower you should see something in the 40-50 rwhp range if you stick with your exhaust setup as is. You're wanting more power so do it right and upgrade your midpipe and catback. No sense porting your blower only to leave power on the table. JMO.

Question. Why do you want to keep your stock exhaust?
x2 on both !!! the port is not a waste but leaving stock exhaust is !!!

i love my ported eaton :rockon:
i`m going to send mine back up to posi & let him finish it

SuperRok

Established Member

I would be happy with 40-50rwhp and be done. if I leave more power on the table so be it. My main concern is pushing 15 psi on a stock eaton. I live in TX and it can get hot here. I want to lower temps by porting. 707SVT makes a valid point. He states the stock exhaust will not let the port do its job.

I want to keep the exhaust stock to keep the smog Nazis at bay for inspection. I am happy with the power it makes and I don't want another car that can't get traction at all into 3rd gear. I've done that before and it gets annoying. The power it makes now is fun for the street. I don't do drag racing at a track or plan to.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Talk to Brian (Posi). Porting will help, even with the stock exhaust. Not to the full extent that a larger diameter exhaust system will deliver, but it will help. Again, talk to Posi.

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
it sounds like you would be happy with a port but i would at least do a x-pipe with the hi flow cats i think that would help you in the long run

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I only gained 19rwhp when I added a posi port, 4lb lower, 60's, and BAP.

Impossible unless the Tune was junk or other issues with the car. Please don't post that unless you link the thread about the Tune. If my Race Port that I sold you only did that much with no questions about the tune or the car itself you'd have either gotten a different Race Port without question or a refund.:beer:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...i-race-port-2-8-4lb-pullley-tune-numbers.html

You can't add a ported blower which for upper only adds an honest 30hp+ with a 2.8 upper like you had. Then add a 4lb lower on top of that and only pick up 19hp. Flat out impossible unless there are other issues either with the Tune, clutch, or the car itself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread