Embarrassed by association?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I am rapidly becoming embarrassed by association. Am I the only one?
Do any of the rest of you CRINGE when you read what many new Terminator owners are writing about? :shrug:
Are you at all bothered by the seemingly sudden drop in the ability to communicate with the written word around here lately?

Am I the only one?

There is no way to say this without sounding egotistical or elitist.
I'm sorry, I do not believe that I am either, but I can not think of any other way to say this.

If people are going to assume that because you are a Terminator owner that there is a high probability that you are a complete illiterate MORON, then I'm pretty sure I am going to have to sell my car.
It's either that or I need to stop reading threads on here.

It seems like an overwhelming number of posters on here that are Terminator owners are(or communicate like) illiterate 15 year old kids.

OMG!

I am taking a break, someone e-mail me when it seems to improve a little.:nonono: Seriously!

[Vacation on]

sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
Hmmmmmmmmmm...................................

I do agree to a point.
This thread reminds of vid on you tube I recently watched.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWK0yeEqrfI"]YouTube - Reasons why not to be a ricer & compilation...[/nomedia]

mrose75

Established Member
Not really sure where you're going with that one Jimmy.... Are you referring to te LOLs, OMGs and WTFs? If so, I think that's just a sign of the times. More people communicate through text, IMs, Tweets, Facebook updates, etc. than face to face. And that's accepted verbiage and is spilling over into everything else. I harass my daughter to spell out her words when we text because soon she'll be writing book reports with LOLs and "cuz" or "waz" or whatever.

¡I blame it all on La Niña!

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
lol La Niña? I have a problem emailing or writing anything without lol in it atleast once, its a curse! But one thing I've noticed is since the huge drop in the cost of Terminators, a WHOLE lot more retards seem to be purchasing our cars...not a good sign!

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
I think I can understand what he's talking about. From time to time I read some threads to my wife and that is always the first thing she picks up on. Its like they aren't even trying to type a legible sentence. I always read through what's actually typed to get the message, but I have to agree that I've had some trouble with some threads.

Not spelling errors, but sentence structure.

Silverboost

Established Member
that's why I spend more time on modular fords. There is a lot more useful tech information over there and not a lot of the bs talk that is over here.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
When I bought my car new there were the owners of the 03's and most 04's on here.

ALOT of useful information was being developed about the car, and good questions were being asked. The cream rose to the top and you could see the members that were valuable, and had or would get valuable information.

The car is, lets face it, old now.

So most the valuable questions have been answered, and the only ones that get asked anymore are frustratingly redundant.

Almost all of the old members who were valuable either have moved onto other cars, or dont get in here much. (Ironterp, 96stanggt, jimmysidecar, Boosted2000Si, among MANY others).

Termi has for some reason become an almost accepted term, and almost all the threads in here anymore are about "just bought a termi" or "thinking about buying a termi".

Those of us who still wanna learn and gain valuable information are being left behind by those who have moved on to other cars, or are taking a break.

Sucks.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
as the car gets cheaper in value and falls into younger hands you will have a decrease in quality of owners.

mrose75

Established Member
lol La Niña? I have a problem emailing or writing anything without lol in it atleast once, its a curse! But one thing I've noticed is since the huge drop in the cost of Terminators, a WHOLE lot more retards seem to be purchasing our cars...not a good sign!

Valid point.... Lower prices do open it up to more people.

When I bought my car new there were the owners of the 03's and most 04's on here.

ALOT of useful information was being developed about the car, and good questions were being asked. The cream rose to the top and you could see the members that were valuable, and had or would get valuable information.

The car is, lets face it, old now.

So most the valuable questions have been answered, and the only ones that get asked anymore are frustratingly redundant.

Almost all of the old members who were valuable either have moved onto other cars, or dont get in here much. (Ironterp, 96stanggt, jimmysidecar, Boosted2000Si, among MANY others).

Termi has for some reason become an almost accepted term, and almost all the threads in here anymore are about "just bought a termi" or "thinking about buying a termi".

Those of us who still wanna learn and gain valuable information are being left behind by those who have moved on to other cars, or are taking a break.

Sucks.

Also, very true. There are a lot more..... "I want to buy a "Termi" but..." Guys, it's our site.... We can control what happens or is accpeted on this site to a certain extent. Like use of the search function before asking a stupid question. I admit, I've done it before. But a respectable "use the F'n search button" response would put me back on track.

I also noticed people tend to hover around the Terminator Talk Forum for everything instead of dropping down to the Interior/Exterior, Tuning, or other forums where a lot of this stuff should be. Again, I'm guilty of it, myself.

You do have a point Jimmy. Last few months it really has looked like "little brothers and sisters" typing in this section. I do hope its just people being lazy or careless with their writing skills. Not really sure though these days.

mrose75

Established Member
So in essensce, we do need to be elitist... Why not get a Premium Members Forum? Of course I'd need to become a premium member. But make a mandatory membership time, post count, membership fee..... Just tossing out ideas. My point is this is "our" site. We only have to deal with crap that we choose to deal with. We can set the acceptable standards, behaviors, etc. Shun and outcast the idiots and welcome the right people. Or is this how cults get started?? J/K

Last edited by a moderator:

VtekII

Established Member
its true, the cost is obviously dropping on them, therefore younger people are snatching them up... unfortunatly its the only way i can afford another one though. theres no way i can afford 30k on an occasional weekend/nice day cruiser.

i just turned 24 by the way, i know there's alot of other people my age in the same boat. Unfortunatly there's alot of retarded people lurking on here!

CobraMac

Established Member
I know exactlyyy what you're talking about....sorry to say but it seems that a LOT more of the NEW cobra owners that have showed up on this site are completely illiterate, stupid in general, or have an attitude like they are total bad-asses. I agree and am glad someone said it.

Users who are viewing this thread