Does Anyone Have Snake Bite Blower?

Jefe

Established Member
Also interested if anyone else has gone this route. From the other thread:

[youtube_browser]HcMraqAZSvo[/youtube_browser][youtube_browser]Ip5AQ8fDP3g[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]bv4yXaXWb7U [/youtube_browser][youtube_browser]HjWOWEBrvDQ[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]wZ2Fv17AxMI[/youtube_browser][youtube_browser]etMYNNvXPE4[/youtube_browser]

Same Cobra no #'s:

[youtube_browser]d3yRZeFHjDY&NR=1[/youtube_browser]

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
why can NO ONE find out what a snakebite cobra makes on the dyno? they can't be too impressive if steig is afraid to post dyno results.. I have read thread after thread about these things and have yet to see what one has made (hp/tq) on the dyno

V8DER

04 Teminator
Established Member
I was wondering the same thing. If they perform how they sound I would be very interested on having it done. Seems like most advertisement is about the sound than HP gain.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I don't see what the big deal is, or why everyone is all wondering about power numbers???:shrug::dw:

It is going to be numbers similar to a modern excellent port with a lower.
What's the mystery about?:shrug: How could it possibly be anything but?

The main advantage I would think, is the lack of belt slip from going back to a larger upper while retaining the crank support of a stock lower, combined with a nice port job. And the sound.

03yellow

Established Member
Imitally told the numbers would be over 550; i don't think that happened. Then I Was put on the list to get approved because the demand was so great to get the snake bite. Now a year later, I Just want to see if somebody has one.
Your right, I would rather have the snake bite And not have changed the pullies and other stuff and make the same numbers as a ported pullied cobra. But I already had the port and pullies when I was put on the waiting list; I was told that the snake bite would add alot to my already ported pullied car. I never got anymore hp/ tq information. So I decided not to send my blower back to steg.
I don't see what the big deal is, or why everyone is all wondering about power numbers???:shrug::dw:

It is going to be numbers similar to a modern excellent port with a lower.
What's the mystery about?:shrug: How could it possibly be anything but?

The main advantage I would think, is the lack of belt slip from going back to a larger upper while retaining the crank support of a stock lower, combined with a nice port job. And the sound.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Imitally told the numbers would be over 550; i don't think that happened. Then I Was put on the list to get approved because the demand was so great to get the snake bite. Now a year later, I Just want to see if somebody has one.
Your right, I would rather have the snake bite And not have changed the pullies and other stuff and make the same numbers as a ported pullied cobra. But I already had the port and pullies when I was put on the waiting list; I was told that the snake bite would add alot to my already ported pullied car. I never got anymore hp/ tq information. So I decided not to send my blower back to steg.

Oh. OK. Hopefully some info will come out soon.
I think Kyle is doing a much better job than previous Steg internet posts.
I think he was a great addition.

I'm sure we will know soon enough.

xfrosty63x

Established Member
I put $100 deposit down on it, but I didn't really see a point to waste any more money after the truth came out about it.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Here's what I have gathered so far about this blower:
1) It is an awesome way to go if you have a stock Eaton that you are planning to port, pulley, etc. because this will get you there in one step without running a super small upper prone to slipping, or a lower that could damage the crank.

2) It has the loud whine similar to the KB 2.2

3) It probably does not make sense to "upgrade" to the SB if you already have a decent port, and pulley setup, since the power numbers are very similar.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Here's what I have gathered so far about this blower:
1) It is an awesome way to go if you have a stock Eaton that you are planning to port, pulley, etc. because this will get you there in one step without running a super small upper prone to slipping, or a lower that could damage the crank.

2) It has the loud whine similar to the KB 2.2

3) It probably does not make sense to "upgrade" to the SB if you already have a decent port, and pulley setup, since the power numbers are very similar.

I agree. It would be nice to see if there is any benifit to running a lower with a slightly bigger upper to achieve 18# or so. Steg just needs to break down and do the testing. Maybe the torque would hit +/- 600.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I actually just pm'd something to that effect to Kyle, as it was missed in the other thread. I want to know if there is any reason/advantage to someone like me that already has a stage 5, with an upper and lower pulley arrangement, Dragon TB, and all the other goodies. I have a pretty much maxed out Eaton setup now, so I'm not sure I would really have anything to gain, other than maybe a little more whine.

Users who are viewing this thread