Does Anyone Have Snake Bite Blower?

Jefe

Established Member
From Kyles thread:

I must say the snake bite was the best purchase I have made on my car to date. I went from completly stock to insane with minimal mods. Plugs,mass air, inj, bap,tune. Midpipe and catback.

Instant torque, holds boost across the whole range, iat's under control. Passed the sniffer test aswell so that was a huge bonus.

Many bonuses of using the snakebite is using the stock lower CAGED pulley to keep the stress off your crank, not overspinning your accesories and burning them up. Just a few points from my opinion.
Dynocom dyno, 93 octane, 17 psi, street tires, tuned by rick at amazon. I have the dyno sheet but no way to host it so if someone wants to host I will email it to whoever will.

Sniffer test is differant in every state or province, here when it hits 5 years old it must hit the rollers for a sniffer test to pass at idle and 25 mph.

The video of snakebite at VMP just also realize those numbers where made from 28" slicks which scrub power off the dyno.

IMG_0491_edited-1.jpg

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
From Kyles thread:

IMG_0491_edited-1.jpg

While it looks to be putting out good numbers, that was on a Dynocom dyno. Which much like the Mustang Dyno can't be compared to your "industry standard" Dynojet because of the fact the numbers can be so easily manipulated. It's a great tuning tool, but not good for comparing numbers back and forth.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It depends on what you ask for and what shop you go to. I have ALWAYS gotten both. Also we do not know A/F.

Yeah, that's why I asked. Some shops will give you uncorrected numbers by default because they look better to the car owner, which in turn makes it look better for the shop doing a tune. I always asked for SAE corrected.

03yellow

Established Member
Ok so after 3 day we got some videos of some snake bite blowers who are not on this forum and have some # but don't know if they are corrected.
Had my car tuned at HPP at 492 rwhp sae. Told him to give me some uncorrected numbers. The highest was 557/579; just took a second to throw out some uncorrected #s
Is there anyone on here who has a snake bite blower with corrected numbers.
The only dyno says 563 rwhp 17 lbs on eaton with a mail order tune from a nubie Hummmm!

Last edited:

03yellow

Established Member
Thanks for the vids. The question is do YOU have a snake bite. What are your #s
Also interested if anyone else has gone this route. From the other thread:

[youtube_browser]HcMraqAZSvo[/youtube_browser][youtube_browser]Ip5AQ8fDP3g[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]bv4yXaXWb7U [/youtube_browser][youtube_browser]HjWOWEBrvDQ[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]wZ2Fv17AxMI[/youtube_browser][youtube_browser]etMYNNvXPE4[/youtube_browser]

Same Cobra no #'s:

[youtube_browser]d3yRZeFHjDY&NR=1[/youtube_browser]

djom1cincy

Established Member
What's the snake bite cost. I have a extra m112 setting in the garage I was going to self port. Maybe worth sending out for this. Get some real results.

silverserpant

Established Member
the print out is set at SAE smoothing 5 , un corrected or STD horsepower was at 604 and I forget the torque. The A/F was a tad high on that pull and hit 12.1 so had to add more fuel to get it back to 11.6-11.8 range.

The kid helper at the dyno shop took a video of it and said it was going on their facebook page but they closed up shop before I got the video link.

03yellow

Established Member
Ok so you made 604 on an eaton with the a/f 12.1. On a mail order tune at a shop that is out of business.
The snake bit is only a gear that let's you spin the blower faster with a steg port. All stegmier eaton stage 5 ports are going to make the same HP when spun at the same speed give or take a few hp. Most 2.93 4lb lowers make 17 lb pounds of boost.
Why fo you thing you made 75more rwhp than everyone elses steg ported blowers?
the print out is set at SAE smoothing 5 , un corrected or STD horsepower was at 604 and I forget the torque. The A/F was a tad high on that pull and hit 12.1 so had to add more fuel to get it back to 11.6-11.8 range.

The kid helper at the dyno shop took a video of it and said it was going on their facebook page but they closed up shop before I got the video link.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Ok so you made 604 on an eaton with the a/f 12.1. On a mail order tune at a shop that is out of business.
The snake bit is only a gear that let's you spin the blower faster with a steg port. All stegmier eaton stage 5 ports are going to make the same HP when spun at the same speed give or take a few hp. Most 2.93 4lb lowers make 17 lb pounds of boost.
Why fo you thing you made 75more rwhp than everyone elses steg ported blowers?

Read what I posted before, it was a dynocom dyno. It's a loaded dyno like a Mustang Dyno, the numbers can be manipulated very easily. Not saying it was done on purpose, but no way to compare those numbers to dynojet numbers.

03yellow

Established Member
Ok sorry!
Read what I posted before, it was a dynocom dyno. It's a loaded dyno like a Mustang Dyno, the numbers can be manipulated very easily. Not saying it was done on purpose, but no way to compare those numbers to dynojet numbers.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I don't see where the confusion is here. If you want 17 psi, it is just another method to get you there without changing pulleys. I am running a stage 5 with 2.93/4# drive setup and make 17psi, so in my understanding, the only thing it would gain me (besides more whine) is being able to lose the lower, and keep the same psi as my current setup is pushing. I can't logically see how it could make any more power at the same psi of 17.

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
Also interested if anyone else has gone this route. From the other thread:

[youtube_browser]wZ2Fv17AxMI[/youtube_browser]

Same Cobra no #'s:

[youtube_browser]d3yRZeFHjDY&NR=1[/youtube_browser]

These are from my youtube channel, that Cobra belongs to a good friend of mine Darin who is on modular fords but not here. It made 480rwhp and 510 ft/lbs on a dynojet with an A/F of 11.9 in very hot humid weather (90*F) back in july of 2010.

If you need any other info I will ask him...:beer:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I agree. It would be nice to see if there is any benifit to running a lower with a slightly bigger upper to achieve 18# or so. Steg just needs to break down and do the testing. Maybe the torque would hit +/- 600.

These are from my youtube channel, that Cobra belongs to a good friend of mine Darin who is on modular fords but not here. It made 480rwhp and 510 ft/lbs on a dynojet with an A/F of 11.9 in very hot humid weather (90*F) back in july of 2010.

Those are some decent numbers, but not for what I would expect of a blower costing this much. Those seem to be inline with most stage 3-4 type ports, with some of those going into the 500hp range. Do you know what upper pulley he runs, and what psi he makes at peak?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

So your friend has a Snakebite on his '03 SB Cobra and he made 480rwhp and 510rwtq? If so, then that would be roughly the equivalent of a 2.76 upper with a good tune on 93 octane fuel. Good numbers, but I was expecting to see numbers north of 500. As a reference, with a Stage 2 blower and 2.80 upper I made 504rwhp at a similar hot day. Or am I reading your post wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread