Where the heck is my thread?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I just merged this with the recent "moved threads" post.

I have been moving a lot of threads lately, and will be continuing to do so.

When you are looking for one of your own threads just do a "post search" of your threads. It's easy and it's a GREAT tool.
Just click on your user name in any thread you have posted in and you have that as one of your choices. You can also search other users posts too.
I do that a lot and it helps me keep up on what I posted since I ask people lots of questions when I am trying to help them, which means I have to check back for the answers.

There is a possibility that I might be reorganizing the lay out slightly in the Terminator forums. I don't know yet, so I figured I would include that little bit of "MAYBE" in this thread.

If you think this is your golden opportunity to whine about getting your threads moved, you might want to carefully think about how you go about wording your "suggestions".

In my opinion this forum has improved significantly in recent weeks, mostly thanks to you guys,:rockon::beer::thumbsup: but also to some degree as a result of some minor tweaking by myself.:-D

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
its about time a moderator starts to organize this section alittle better ... it keeps the "lets post in terminator talk" out bc thats where the traffic is .. and gets the threads in their right places

:beer:

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
Love it Jimmy is ruling the threads with an "Iron Fist" and putting them where they belong with a "Lead Foot".....:thumbsup::D

Ironhand

Banned
I'm just getting tired of posts that say, Hey look at my new Whipple, Kb, etc.

Everytime I see a thread like that I wanna ask the OP if they want a freaking cookie or something. Posts like that really serve no purpose other than to allow the OP to "showoff".

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I'm just getting tired of posts that say, Hey look at my new Whipple, Kb, etc.

Everytime I see a thread like that I wanna ask the OP if they want a freaking cookie or something. Posts like that really serve no purpose other than to allow the OP to "showoff".

I have been more lenient with some of those posts since some of those larger blowers are still kinda new and semi-news worthy, but technically they should be in the engine sub-forum, which by the way DOES GET LOTS OF VIEWS and POSTS.

It's a judgement call some I let slide for a while and move later, some get moved as soon as I see them and some don't ever get moved, if I think they are news worthy enough, I'll leave them in talk.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
yeah i made a post yesterday about LFP and i guess it got deleted. I did try looking in my statistics to find all posts made by me before i posted another one and i did not see it either. That resulted in me posting a second one since i figured the original one i made did not make it to the boards, and that was closed also. The thread getting deleted did not bother me, I just wish i had gotten a PM or something so that way i wouldnt have made the same mistake twice. I was not familiar with LFP having a bad reputation or burning board members, so i didnt mean to stir up any bad blood.

I guess maybe a PM to the OP for the posts that get deleted would help. Otherwise though i like the way the mods operate here

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Great work Jimmy. I have been harping about this to other mods before.

Thanks! I think the Terminator forum on SVTP is really a great resource. Hopefully going forward it will only get better.

The cars themselves are pretty off the hook, they deserve to have a bad ass forum as well.

A whole lot of members on here have built positively incredible cars and are extremely generous with the knowledge they have acquired over the years.
That makes it pretty fun and interesting to read here every day.:beer::rockon::read:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
yeah i made a post yesterday about LFP and i guess it got deleted. I did try looking in my statistics to find all posts made by me before i posted another one and i did not see it either. That resulted in me posting a second one since i figured the original one i made did not make it to the boards, and that was closed also. The thread getting deleted did not bother me, I just wish i had gotten a PM or something so that way i wouldnt have made the same mistake twice. I was not familiar with LFP having a bad reputation or burning board members, so i didnt mean to stir up any bad blood.

I guess maybe a PM to the OP for the posts that get deleted would help. Otherwise though i like the way the mods operate here

Yeah I probably should have done that. It currently is at the bottom of page two getting ready to slip onto the top of page three.

If you look it says "Deleted ad thread for non-vendor" I leave a note in the note box but have not been sending PMs.

Going forward I may.
People can still tell about a great experience they had with a non-vendor, but if it ends up looking like they were put up to it or it's loaded with links and looks like an ad thread TO ME.... it will get ditched.

I hope you noticed that I did not give you any infractions at all or chew you out in a PM, I just flushed it and it was over.

The second one I left here but closed it so that the existing comments would remain but eventually it will move back in the pages.

MGC

Established Member
Jimmy - I feel this forum has improved a LOT as of late, mostly due to you and your efforts. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup::beer:

mrose75

Established Member
I like it, being in the military I'm all about the rules and good order and discipline. I started to ask you if you'd ever served because of the way you run the forum a few days ago.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I can tell things have been cleaned up here lately, great work!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I like it, being in the military I'm all about the rules and good order and discipline. I started to ask you if you'd ever served because of the way you run the forum a few days ago.

I was a "long haired, dope smoking, maggot infested, anti-war protesting, liberal, FM type, idiot" with a high draft lottery number in 1970.

I would have grown up a lot faster if I had just enlisted anyway in 1970, however I may not have come home if I did, since Vietnam was still going strong.

I was a good time rock and roller for many, many years, played bass for over thirty some years.

Once my daughter was born however I did eventually grow up. Now I expect a certain amount of excellence and respect from everyone.

It's not always going to happen, but I feel I need to encourage that when I can.
I have the utmost respect for our military guys!:beer::bowdown:

Wish I had done some things differently, but I didn't.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Keep doing what you are doing because we have an awesome forum here, and there is no reason why it can't keep getting better.
As the cars get older we acquire more knowledge about them, I think we can expect our forum to get better not worse.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're doing an awesome job Jimmy. Good changes so far, and you ideas about some possible future changes is good as well. You've been here long enough to sense the heart beat of the Terminator owner/member and I trust your changes will all be positive. We're behind you my friend. :)

va boy

Established Member
Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule Jimmy to clean up, and take care of the forums. I bet you would be good a good manager in "real life". I'd hire you!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Guys! I want to thank you all for posting the resolution to your problem in your original problem threads.

I asked you guys to try and remember to do this, and most of you have been!:beer:

I makes a HUGE difference! It really makes it worthwhile, when researching, to check the end of each problem thread for the answer to whatever issue it was.

:rockon::beer:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Jimmy

You're doing a great job managing the board in a very professional manner. I curious on how they managed to rope you onto this responsibility but I'm glad they did. Funny thing is the number of people I have pissed off for the last 7 years and have still kept my head above water and keep looking over my shoulder when I'm leaving the house.

Best Mustang site on the web bar none! :banana:

Russ :beer:

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
There's a new Sheriff in town and his name is Jimmysidecarr! Props to you for all you've done Jimmy. SVTP has always been my favorite site. I'm proud to be a vendor here. You have done a lot to make SVTP even better. Keep up the good work. You have a lot of well deserved support and respect from the SVT community. Bravo!

Ray H.

Users who are viewing this thread