Where the heck is my thread?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Guys! I want to thank you all for posting the resolution to your problem in your original problem threads.

I asked you guys to try and remember to do this, and most of you have been!:beer:

I makes a HUGE difference! It really makes it worthwhile, when researching, to check the end of each problem thread for the answer to whatever issue it was.

:rockon::beer:

We all can help by reminding posters to do this as well. I agree that it is very important. Can't tell you how many threads have been started and the issue resolutions were never posted. It's so important to us all.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
WOW! Thanks guys!
When I was an internet newby I was doing searches to learn more about the SVT Cobras I had read about in the car mags.

I kept getting links to here. At the time I had no idea what a message forum was, but it started to become more clear with time and reading that the people writing up the comments actually owned the cars, and were regular guys not magazine guys. As I got more serious about wanting to get an 03 and later an 04 Cobra, I finally signed up and started posting. All though 2001 and 2002 I was only reading, I never even thought about posting till late in 03.

Now even though it certainly is not... I think of SVTP as "MY FORUM".:rollseyes

It's kinda home for me on the internet. We have come a long way. So that's why I take things kind of seriously, Travis owns it but it's ours too, we can make it better or we can let it get wrecked. The members directly affect the quality of the SVTP Terminator forum experience.
That's why you may occasionally see these..

calm-down.jpg

double-facepalm.jpg

LOL!!

Thanks GUYS!!!:beer::rockon:

mrose75

Established Member
Loving the "calm down bro"....whatever the he'll that is. Cracks me up!!

03yellow

Established Member
I hate you, just leave it alone. I love busting your chops anyway.
JK .... Good job!
What about oil threads? Can you just delete them? Lol

Ps I think this thread is i'n the wrong forum!

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I hate you, just leave it alone. I love busting your chops anyway.
JK .... Good job!
What about oil threads? Can you just delete them? Lol

Ps I think this thread is i'n the wrong forum!

LOL! Actually once I move a thread out of Terminatorville, I can't do anything with it. This is the only area I have those mod powers, except I can give infractions outside of here, but I usually just save that for banning spam bots.

I knew you were pressing my buttons on that oil thread... That's why I flushed it over there. I figured it would be fun for the smack down crew, plus I was pissed enough initially to actually call you a name...:shrug: Obviously I'm over it now.:-D:p

The admins are watching to see how I do, I think they know my fuse is a little short, so Sid's watching to see how the Terminator thing turns out.
I poured coffee on the fuse so the volatility risk has been significantly reduced.:-D

SlowSVT

Established Member
Holy smokes

Looks like the Gestapo just kicked the door in and suddenly all these posts have just disappeared :uh oh:

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
why do threads keep getting moved?

MERGED
I have noticed that recently many threads are being moved.. did the rules become more strict recently? the whole time i've been on this site i've never seen as many moved threads as i have in the past week.. am i wrong or do others agree? :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I have noticed that recently many threads are being moved.. did the rules become more strict recently? the whole time i've been on this site i've never seen as many moved threads as i have in the past week.. am i wrong or do others agree? :shrug:

True story. Accurate observation as well.

Yes I expect people to post in the correct forum, many don't, so many get moved, by me, I'm the guy.:beer:

If anyone wants to make sure their thread doesn't get moved, all they have to do is post it in the correct subforum.

Pretty easy, but a lot of guys are not doing it right. So instead of catching spammers, I'm moving threads, way more than I should have to.

Terminated03

Established Member
I think that putting threads into the correct categories is a good thing, but everyone know Terminator Talk gets the most attention and more information will come out of threads that are kept in Terminator Talk for a while.

There is no doubt that Jimmy is doing a great job, but maybe holding off on moving a thread until its topic has played out would be better for the forum since more information will come out in the thread. I dont think I am in the minority by usually just stopping by Terminator Talk to see whats up. Just my $0.02.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I do sometimes let stuff ride in here, for that exact reason.

I also weigh the "news worthy" factor.

But think about this for a minute, if everything went into TALK, a post from this morning would probably be on page three by now.

This forum is for Terminator related general discussion, I think that is a good idea and I like having things broken down into different areas for different topics.

There are some category changes I would like to tweak a little, but Travis has to do that.

So I don't think you are saying everything should go in TALK, Are you?

Terminated03

Established Member
No, I agree that not all topics should go into talk and I think that what you are doing is great. My only thought was to make sure a topic gets to run its course before being sorted and you said that you consider just that. Im on board with whats going on in the forums. :beer:

chitowncobra

Established Member
i myself started a thread in the inter....,exter.... section and i think i worded the topic wrong!!! and got poor responses from it!! then i reworded it differently in the taik section, then it got moved to the inter... exter... section and it got good responses from it!! my point being by wording the topic properly in the right section you will might get good responses!!! my 0.02 cents!!!:shrug:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
i myself started a thread in the inter....,exter.... section and i think i worded the topic wrong!!! and got poor responses from it!! then i reworded it differently in the taik section, then it got moved to the inter... exter... section and it got good responses from it!! my point being by wording the topic properly in the right section you will might get good responses!!! my 0.02 cents!!!:shrug:

Excellent point.

A thread titled "need help" might as well read, "I'm lazy, come help me think".

Briefly condense what the thread is about or what you need assistance with in the title. It makes a huge difference.

I am telling you guys will see threads with worthless titles like that and not even read them.

Do yourselves a favor and take full advantage of the power of these forums, and present a good front.

Spell check the bitch while you are at it!!!:-D LOL!:beer: People than can carry on an intelligent conversation in printed form will get better results than those who can't or don't try.

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
im glad this is being done .. thanks to jimmy we now have a moderator who will make it happen .. terminator talk became the main hwy in this section and it got all the traffic .. it needed to be organized

jimmy... where are you moving pics/videos of our cars? i havent noticed if you are moving them from terminator talk or not

....it would be nice if we had a specific subforum for pics beings we like to post pics so much of small add-ons and what not... course i know there is the pics and video buffet but not many like to post over there bc not many terminator specific owners will see their shots

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
True story. Accurate observation as well.

Yes I expect people to post in the correct forum, many don't, so many get moved, by me, I'm the guy.:beer:

If anyone wants to make sure their thread doesn't get moved, all they have to do is post it in the correct subforum.

Pretty easy, but a lot of guys are not doing it right. So instead of catching spammers, I'm moving threads, way more than I should have to.

Jimmy,
Is there any way to delete the thread titles instead of each thread reading "Moved" after the transfer? I'll assume (hope) most members utilize the user CP to check on their threads and don't actually go to each section and look. In which case the moved thread note is useless. In all honesty it's getting sloppy, not to mention possibly wasting some bandwidth. I understand if it's not possible due to the forum type being used; just wanted to post some constructive criticism.

Users who are viewing this thread