Anyone have an Amsoil Preferred Customer Account?

Jefe

Established Member
Wanting to buy one of their new oil less filters and I can save $16 if I sign up for a membership but I don't ever see myself buying anything else from them. Just wanted to see if anyone here had a membership I might be able to login with for this purchase :beer:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry I do not, but was thinking about it. As I was going to buy some oil from them, but then found it locally. I may consider one of there air filters at some point.

This may sound very stupid, but do they flow about the same as a S&B or K&N filter? Wouldn't think it should change the a/f at all, just wondering.

greengt88

Established Member
I have the membership, I did the 6mos. For $10 deal. U get about 25-30% off. Can't beat that for the best oil around.

Jefe

Established Member
This may sound very stupid, but do they flow about the same as a S&B or K&N filter? Wouldn't think it should change the a/f at all, just wondering.
From 04sleepers thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/682875-new-air-filter-my-rai.html

Cotton/Gauze filters DO NOT filter out as much dirt. Period! Put a S&B filter on a big truck that sees off highway use and I'll show you an engine with blowby in a month! I sell big off road trucks for a living and I have seen this first hand. Cotton/Gauze filters flow well, but they do not filter well.

You just use an air compressor at low pressure to blow the dirt out of the filter. (20 psi)

When I went from a JLT High Boost CAI to the RAI I have now my tune actually went .5 richer. This will not always be the case though. Any time you move the MAF you have to recheck your A/F.

You just use an air compressor at 15-20 psi and blow the dirt out. The "Nano Fiber" filters less than 1 micron in size and doesn't really clog like Cotton/Gauze type filters.

Here is a video if you care to watch it that talks about the differences in this type filter.
EaA Air Filters

NVSnake

Established Member
I read through 04sleeper's thread and it sounds like in order for this type of filter to work with a JLT RAI you need the MAF adapter. Is this correct? And if someone has done this what was the part # for the Amsoil air filter?

Jefe

Established Member
Thanks ttk53 :beer: Fellow SY brothers!

I read through 04sleeper's thread and it sounds like in order for this type of filter to work with a JLT RAI you need the MAF adapter. Is this correct? And if someone has done this what was the part # for the Amsoil air filter?
The RAI from JLT already comes with that piece:

Capture1-50.jpg

Wow my filter was clean! Doesnt look anything like that anymore. Cleaned it out and re-oiled it and it was black within months again. I may need to find a shield for it

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
One of the members is a rep for Amsoil, can`t remember who though.

Did someone call my name?

OP, send me a PM. I can help, and have a lot of knowledge on the topic. Oiled air filters are good for one thing, a contaminated MAF. The new Nano-fiber technology invented by Donaldson (marketed by Amsoil) is cutting edge.

FYI, there is a new oil section on the horizon for SVTP. It will cover all fluids and filters used for maintenance purposes.

In fact, I ditched the oiled filter on my Shelby, read below.

Ford Racing 113mm CAI w/ AMSOIL replacement filter

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Good info thanks! Ordered the filter yesterday, cant wait to get it on

Jefe

Established Member
Has anyone put an Amsoil filter on a JLT CAI? If so what is the correct Amsoil part number?

No one answered you in the original thread either, eek. I sent a PM to Tucker(same as his usernmae) from JLT asking what size filter the RAI comes with and he wrote me back same day

Did a quick search and it sounds like its a 4" opening and 6" long. Nothing that exact size but part # EaAU4070 is 4" x 7"

Last edited:

greengt88

Established Member
Looking for EA filter for Steeda CAI. I know I need MAF adapter for it to work, didn't find one the same size as Steeda one.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Did someone call my name?

OP, send me a PM. I can help, and have a lot of knowledge on the topic. Oiled air filters are good for one thing, a contaminated MAF. The new Nano-fiber technology invented by Donaldson (marketed by Amsoil) is cutting edge.

FYI, there is a new oil section on the horizon for SVTP. It will cover all fluids and filters used for maintenance purposes.

In fact, I ditched the oiled filter on my Shelby, read below.

Ford Racing 113mm CAI w/ AMSOIL replacement filter

I emailed amsoil's tech dept for an air filter part # but never got an answer. I looking for a replacement filter for my K&N cold air kit ( Air Filter part # RC-5046 ) any help would be great.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Guys,

all you have to do is measure the internal diameter of the mounting flange (flange ID) and the overall length of the filter. Then you can go to Amsoil's website to select a filter that will cross reference.

filterchart.jpg

For more info, click here

Amsoil EAA air filters

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Sucks on the CAIs though, you have to remove a wheel and get up in there to see the filter. Even then I think youd have to take it off to get a measurement

Jefe

Established Member
Fit perfect! Amazing how dirty mine got. I can hear the air being sucked in again

IMG_2419.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread