Anyone have an Amsoil Preferred Customer Account?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
They are both about the same levels in ZDDP, so that shouldn't be a deciding factor.

0W-30 has better cold pour characteristics and a bit more robust TBN (detergent) package.
5W-30 has lower NOACK volatility (less evaporation and burn off)

If he lives in a warm climate (Florida, Texas, etc..) and he intends on changing his oil at 15,000 miles or less, I would stick with the 5W-30.

If he lives in an extremely cold climate and drives his car year round, I would opt for the 0W-30.

I have the very next post in that thread. =)

I live in Minnesota and only drive it from april through october. I only put about 2,000 miles on the car last year, so only change the oil once a year. Should I stick with what I have?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I live in Minnesota and only drive it from april through october. I only put about 2,000 miles on the car last year, so only change the oil once a year. Should I stick with what I have?

What is the coldest temperature during those months that you have to start your car?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The 0W versus 5W won't make a big difference at those temps. Either oil is great for your application, but for what you would pay in return shipping....I would stick with what you have.

Alright I'll do that thanks for the help! Just gotta get the air filter!

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
If you have the space to make the 4x9 work....I would choose the 4090, if not....the 4070 is the filter for you.

Just please, do not pay full price for these filters. You can buy them at dealer cost with a 10.00 membership. This will save you 5.00-10.00 on the filter.

BEFORE you finalize the transaction and check out at amsoil.com, simply add this item to your cart.

Becoming a preferred customer

You can choose a 6 month (10.00) or one year (20.00) membership. The added bonus is, you can buy an unlimited supply of ALL Amsoil products at dealer cost in that period of time. This will save you an additional 25-30% off on all products.

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I have room for the 4X9 4090. It is a tight fit as it is now. I think the 4070 is going to be the best fit. Also I am an Amsoil preferred customer.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread