Anyone have an Amsoil Preferred Customer Account?

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I finally pulled the trigger on it. I bought a used FIPK II kit of a user on this forum, and about the same time started reading all about this (new to me) Amsoil air filter. After reading around for the last few days - I was finally convinced due to the Amsoil Pre-Filter:
https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/eapf.aspx

Especially the fact that the prefilter for the EaAU6075 has the hydrophobic treatment. My main concern in switching over to the open filter has always been the potential of it getting wet (mine is a driven daily). With this pre-filter, I know I'll be a little more at ease.

Now just have to wait for all the parts to be delivered... :)

Last edited:

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
Did a quick search and it sounds like its a 4" opening and 6" long. Nothing that exact size but part # EaAU4070 is 4" x 7"

I looked on the JLT website and it said that it was a 4x9 filter which is part # EaAU4090. Do you think the 4x9 would fit if it isnt?

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Fit perfect! Amazing how dirty mine got. I can hear the air being sucked in again

IMG_2419.jpg

Did you have to get the adapter plate for it to fit or did it just go right on?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm gonna have to get one of these once my S&B actually gets dirty. Then maybe I'll purchase JLT's carbon fiber cover as well!

It would be nice to find out 100% which filter will fit JLT RAI.

Jefe

Established Member
I looked on the JLT website and it said that it was a 4x9 filter which is part # EaAU4090. Do you think the 4x9 would fit if it isnt?
On the CAI? I imagine it would but its going to hang lower in the fender. Never had a CAI that goes into the fender though

Did you have to get the adapter plate for it to fit or did it just go right on?
JLT RAIs come with the adapter already. I took the old filter off and put the new one on.
I'm gonna have to get one of these once my S&B actually gets dirty. Then maybe I'll purchase JLT's carbon fiber cover as well!

It would be nice to find out 100% which filter will fit JLT RAI.
EAAU4090 is a direct replacement. Not on the high boost though. I think thats a 12" filter

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
On the CAI? I imagine it would but its going to hang lower in the fender. Never had a CAI that goes into the fender though

JLT RAIs come with the adapter already. I took the old filter off and put the new one on.

EAAU4090 is a direct replacement. Not on the high boost though. I think thats a 12" filter

Awsome, thanks!:rockon:

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Alright here is the measurements for the S&B filter for the JLT CAI.

4" flange ID
6" filter material length
7.5 over all length
6" base width
5.5" top width

I think this is the one that will work. Amsoil part # EaAU4070 What does everyone else think? This is also the one Jefe suggested. Thanks Jefe.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Alright here is the measurements for the S&B filter for the JLT CAI.

4" flange ID
6" filter material length
7.5 over all length
6" base width
5.5" top width

I think this is the one that will work. Amsoil part # EaAU4070 What does everyone else think? This is also the one Jefe suggested. Thanks Jefe.

If you have the space to make the 4x9 work....I would choose the 4090, if not....the 4070 is the filter for you.

Just please, do not pay full price for these filters. You can buy them at dealer cost with a 10.00 membership. This will save you 5.00-10.00 on the filter.

BEFORE you finalize the transaction and check out at amsoil.com, simply add this item to your cart.

Becoming a preferred customer

You can choose a 6 month (10.00) or one year (20.00) membership. The added bonus is, you can buy an unlimited supply of ALL Amsoil products at dealer cost in that period of time. This will save you an additional 25-30% off on all products.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If you have the space to make the 4x9 work....I would choose the 4090, if not....the 4070 is the filter for you.

I can save people money on these filters...PM me for more info.

I was hoping you would pop over to our forum and hook my guys up.
I didn't PM you because I didn't want to force the issue.

When my finances improve, I also am going to want to get, what ever the largest 4" ID filter is to replace my oiled gauze 12" on my JLT CAI.
I'm pretty impressed with that product.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Thanks Jimmy, feels great to be welcomed here. :thumbsup:

I edited my post to let everyone know how to do it. No PM required. Oh, and you can PM me to jump in any thread at any time when it concerns engine/transmission/differential lubrication or air filtration.

:beer:

I agree that it's a great product, and you will not regret this purchase.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Man this makes me wonder if I should return my amsoil 5w30, and go to amsoil website, become a member and buy the 0w30 oil and air filter, decisions...

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Man this makes me wonder if I should return my amsoil 5w30, and go to amsoil website, become a member and buy the 0w30 oil and air filter, decisions...

Which one has more of the zinc stuff? I'm a Royal Purple user so I don't what's what, but I do know Amsoil makes one with the good stuff still in it.:beer:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Which one has more of the zinc stuff? I'm a Royal Purple user so I don't what's what, but I do know Amsoil makes one with the good stuff still in it.:beer:

Really not sure. But I have nothing better to do right now, so I'm going to go and return the 5w30 and get the 0w30 series plus a 4090 air filter for my JLT RAI. Heck I don't even need the air filter yet as my S&B only has about 2k on it. But eventually I'll need it anyways!

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member

They are both about the same levels in ZDDP, so that shouldn't be a deciding factor.

0W-30 has better cold pour characteristics and a bit more robust TBN (detergent) package.
5W-30 has lower NOACK volatility (less evaporation and burn off)

If he lives in a warm climate (Florida, Texas, etc..) and he intends on changing his oil at 15,000 miles or less, I would stick with the 5W-30.

If he lives in an extremely cold climate and drives his car year round, I would opt for the 0W-30.

I have the very next post in that thread. =)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread