would i be crazy to add a small shot for TX2K11?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Most of ya'll are fairly familiar with my Cobra's setup, but for a refresher here's what i'm working with:
100% stock long block
E85
2.6 Kenne Bell (~23psi)
built T56
Spec 5 clutch
3.27 gear
BBK Longtube headers
BBK catless X
Bassani Catback
Killer Chiller
LFP dual pass heat exchanger
K&N FIPK2
Fore/Lethal Returnless fuel system
3 Ford GT Supercar Fuel Pumps
-8 Lines
80lb injectors
BR7EF spark plugs
Billetflow IRS Brace
Hoosier drag radials

and a dry nitrous kit that's already wired/plumbed.....and ready

I know that my motor isn't going to last forever, but at the same time i understand the inherent risk of nitrous because i've ran a few bottles through the car already on the old eaton setup, but fortunately the tune was spot on and i had no issues...it just ran hard.

TX2K11 is right around the corner and i need some voices of reason. My car will see quite a bit of highway action, as well as the 60-130mph event, and MAYBE some 1/4 mile drag racing.

please give me your input, choice, as well as your reasoning.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Go do some data log test runs in "Mexico".

If the fuel can't keep up or respond quickly enough it would be better to find out now.

As far as crazy, I believe that has already been firmly established.:-D:p

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Go do some data log test runs in "Mexico".

If the fuel can't keep up or respond quickly enough it would be better to find out now.

As far as crazy, I believe that has already been firmly established.:-D:p

i agree Jimmy
during tuning my injector and pump duty cycles were under 80% so there's plenty of workin room with the fuel system

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I say do it if you have the fuel.. I've always heard that a dry shot is dangerous though.. Wouldn't a wet shot be safer and better?

Evil_GT

KB-E85
Established Member
Tony,

DO IT! I'd throw the 75 or 100 shot in. If I were you, throw the 75 shot on, go do some test runs, datalogs, and test it from different rolls since you will most likely be rollin' on the highway at night, and see what it likes best.

Keep it on 23psi. And have the bottle on during the event, and just keep the heater on, and flip it off every so often, then flip it back on every so often. I'm sure you will be racing quite a bit. If you get into a race, start on boost only, by the time you hit 3rd gear or start wrapping 3rd out, and you notice you are falling back, flip the switch and hold on! Use it as insurance, or if you KNOW you are going to need it, arm it before the honk off.

Down at that event, I'm sure it cant hurt to have it lol... I dont even know if 23psi and a 75/100 shot will even help you against some of those cars lol.

NVR_LFT

OTW racing
Established Member
Do it, but we better leave like wednesday night so we can get to wally and bens so he can tune it thursday morning.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Spray spray spray, if you have the parts, the funds, and the fuel.. why not?
Do it for all the guys out there who wish they could! haha, good luck either way. I agree with Jimmy and the others about hooking it up and testing it, see how it goes before you get there.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
thanks for the input
i'm definitely wanting to spray it, however, the only problem is getting tuned on the bottle. If i can get it done friday while we are down there then it'll happen, and should set up some sandbaggin' if thursday i'm out on boost only and the rest of the time i've got it on the dope. The fuel setup will handle it no problem, it's just a time issue for myself and the tuner....
either way i'll have a strong runnin' car, but on the bottle it will be an animal
wish me luck

04spinbra

Established Member
Good Luck! You gonna need it! I had a buddy who went out to Texas a couple years ago and didnt have enough with a Terminator!

Users who are viewing this thread