Maturity level going through a mid life crisis??

raw23062

Established Member
This post is a little silly, but I'm bored at work and there is some seriousness to it I suppose....just wondering how long it takes as a new Cobra owner before you can start to ignore the stock Vet owners who jump on your every 15 miles or so it seems.....they are like May flys!! If I continue my ways Im going to lose my license no doubt..Im 40 and really do know better but it's almost impossible to to just ignore them....this never happened with my Pro Steet car....so its a little new to me. lol...... so how long before you start to just say screw it and let em go? I even had a 4dr Jag jump on me last night... wth?? Do I just need to go back to fat tires, roll cages, and blowers sticking out of the hood to cruise in peace??

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Maybe you should get your sig made into a vinyl sticker for your back windshield.

raw23062

Established Member
^^ Damn thats funny...Id have said same thing. I hate that damn sig, but Im damned it I do and damned if I don't....before when I had small amount of info I used to get heckled for not giving people enough info...so I bascially just copied and pasted the ad from when I bought it...now atleast I dont have to answer questions....but I def hear ya.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
lol a new jag egged me on last weekend and I punished him. got a big smile and thumbs up, was some funny shit

usually the older guys in vettes dont even look at my car or instigate at all. sometimes they want to play but not too often

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
When it comes to Vetts I never turn them down. Not enough wanted to race around me though. However, the little matchbox cars try to race gets VERY annoying, I usually just slow down when the try to race me. **** um.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Save your energy for some new SS Camaros. The vette boys, I let'm play scout...go ahead and jump on it boys, let me know if there's any cops down the road. lol!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
This post is a little silly, but I'm bored at work and there is some seriousness to it I suppose....just wondering how long it takes as a new Cobra owner before you can start to ignore the stock Vet owners who jump on your every 15 miles or so it seems.....they are like May flys!! If I continue my ways Im going to lose my license no doubt..Im 40 and really do know better but it's almost impossible to to just ignore them....this never happened with my Pro Steet car....so its a little new to me. lol...... so how long before you start to just say screw it and let em go? I even had a 4dr Jag jump on me last night... wth?? Do I just need to go back to fat tires, roll cages, and blowers sticking out of the hood to cruise in peace??

I don't bother with any of them. I just point and laugh. sometimes the fun is in knowing you can and don't bother with them. I don't street race or even joke around with another car on the street. you know your driving but you don't know how low their level of stupid really is and in most states now you can get charged along with them even if you are just playing and not really racing. And 99.9% of people over estimate their competence behind the wheel.

*sits back and waits for all the street racers to come in and deny they are in that category*

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I don't bother with any of them. I just point and laugh. sometimes the fun is in knowing you can and don't bother with them. I don't street race or even joke around with another car on the street. you know your driving but you don't know how low their level of stupid really is and in most states now you can get charged along with them even if you are just playing and not really racing. And 99.9% of people over estimate their competence behind the wheel.

*sits back and waits for all the street racers to come in and deny they are in that category*

Good point!

The competency level of even an above average driver in a southern snow-less state is not very good with regard specifically to car control. Most people down here just do not know what to do if the car slides even a little bit. High powered rear drive cars will slide a little bit when they lose traction and spin, spinning on the street is super common.

They either don't correct enough, don't correct at all, or over correct, and unfortunately this is a very common problem.

There are no slippery conditions to practice in so the corrective action has not been practiced to the point it is a now a nearly instant reaction instead of a thought of correction.
I'm sure there are also plenty of drivers in snowy states that have poor car control too, but it seems to be worse down here.

I'm 58, currently no marks on my licence(a rare thing, transplant kept me off the streets for a while), and Texas has some severe penalties for street racing. So I don't.
I do use WOT in selected areas I think I can do it safely and not get nabbed, but lining up with another car and going at it on the street is just not worth the risk for what little brief rush it might provide.

I get my rock off at track events and that adrenalin rush literally lasts for YEARS, as far as satisfying my urge to ROCK OUT!

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I feel ya on that one Jimmy. My license is clear for the past 9 years or so mainly because I have been out here is the sandbox for most of that. you should come down to Austin and play on some of the toll roads. I usually average about 90 or 95 when I am on them. Great fun with the top down! no real traffic on them most of the time either because people are too cheap to pay the toll and too dumb to realize how valuable the time is that they waste sitting at the lights and in traffic. Still no street racing for me tho even on what for most of the idiot street racers would be prime real estate for it.

mach1033

Established Member
I'm 40 years old and I mostly get imports wanting to race me. I have a vert so they assume easy kill. Vettes rarely want any along with camaro's I cant explain it. Today I took my wife out and yet another M5 pulls next to me and gooses it. SEE YA!!!! But I also learned that I dont street race especially at my age. When I was 20 years old I did street race and the local PD came to my house the next day took my car and took me to lock up. I had to call my parents to bail me out like a real loser and my license was suspended for 2 years. It cost me over 6k to get my license back in order. I love cars and that will never go away. Even though I still hang out at local spots up here in NJ/NY I am now just a spectator. So to all you young bloods out there listen to your elder's lol. :beer:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
so how long before you start to just say screw it and let em go? I even had a 4dr Jag jump on me last night... wth?? Do I just need to go back to fat tires, roll cages, and blowers sticking out of the hood to cruise in peace??

I enjoy the 'keep face straight and yawn' approach to people that bother me on the street..I find it mostly annoys/piss them off when you give them minimal attention since I don't play on the streets.

However after heads and cams...everyone on the streets stopped messing with me.lolol

Ironhand

Banned
I enjoy the 'keep face straight and yawn' approach to people that bother me on the street..I find it mostly annoys/piss them off when you give them minimal attention since I don't play on the streets.

However after heads and cams...everyone on the streets stopped messing with me.lolol

Thats only because my car isnt running yet and I havent run into you...;-)

ramstein

Established Member
I have learned recently to control my urges to race more or less. Sometimes I even pass a race. However if I see C5 and especially c6 I can't control myself. I just want to destroy, crush them, blow the doors of their vette, Racing a vette gives me incredible rush, makes me dizzy with excitement. It's almost better then sex. I m not sure if it will ever go away.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
My car is at the point where I know unless it's modded it doesn't really have a chance. Even then I don't really "street race" like through traffic.. Now at 1-3am when no one is on the road and it's planned I will but just randomly, I don't.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
My car is at the point where I know unless it's modded it doesn't really have a chance. Even then I don't really "street race" like through traffic.. Now at 1-3am when no one is on the road and it's planned I will but just randomly, I don't.

1-3 am, and planned:

8 die at illegal PG road race; Pre-dawn accident that also injured 5 is "the worst I've ever seen," officer says. | Goliath Business News

I have been on this road at 1-3 AM pleanty of times. at that hour traffic is very very rare. turns out that 1-3 am, no one on the road and planned really isn't very good criteria

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
yea that's a very good point. I haven't racing in wow I don't know how long.. Well over a year now since my car has been down.. I think my street racing days are done.. I could be wrong though. It's not the smartest thing in the world that's for sure. On the flip side I don't have spectators on the side of the road.. wtf?? Who does that lol.. I mean like only 2 cars on a 4 laned freeway clear of traffic.. Not a private road.. either way I agree it's not the smartest thing to do. I get very ancy and nervous when I do. Like to the point of shaking.. But I do love a good rush everyonce in a while.. Once my car is done and I'm actually able to get back to the roadcoarse I'm 100% sure I won't street race.. I never did when I was able to run at the track.. But since then it has started back up..

Users who are viewing this thread