2.76 BilletFlow Upper Pulley
100 mm Idler
Belt
CAI (un-shrouded filter type)
NGK TR6 spark plugs
Tuner
14.5 #s boost steady no drop

That will get you to 500 RWHP

EVERY Ported Blower sent out of my shop has IDENTICAL PERFORMANCE-We stand by our workmanship Always have and Always Will.

Stiegemeier Porting has led the way to the 500 RWHP Cobra Club-Over 8+ years and 3500 + Customers

Spark plugs will be factory gapped at .038 confirm and install with a smear of anti seize on threads -Don't over tighten!

Your IAT2's will drop 23 Degrees this helps power and longivity.

graphken.jpg

Supercharger Q&A, Moderated by Dyno Bob

Stiegemeier :burnout:
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275
[email protected]

If you have any questions or concerns contact us and we will gladly provide you with the correct information.

Snake Bite tm series will also get you to 500 RWHP with Stock upper and lower pulley 15#s boost.

Thank you

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
NO BAP or MAF???

I have a Stage V and everywhere I looked, people who are running that setup needed both?

04 Cobra-500 Rwhp-the Easy Way

(THIS IS OUR STAGE 4 PORTING)

Stiegemeier Ported Blower, Throttle Body and Plenum 60 RWHP
2.76 BilletFlow Upper Pulley
100 mm Idler
Belt
CAI (un-shrouded filter type)
NGK TR6 spark plugs
Tuner
14.5 #s boost steady no drop

That will get you to 500 RWHP

EVERY Ported Blower sent out of my shop has IDENTICAL PERFORMANCE-We stand by our workmanship Always have and Always Will.

Stiegemeier Porting has led the way to the 500 RWHP Cobra Club-Over 8+ years and 3500 + Customers

Spark plugs will be factory gapped at .038 confirm and install with a smear of anti seize on threads -Don't over tighten!

Your IAT2's will drop 23 Degrees this helps power and longivity.

graphken.jpg

Supercharger Q&A, Moderated by Dyno Bob

Stiegemeier :burnout:
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275
[email protected]

If you have any questions or concerns contact us and we will gladly provide you with the correct information.

Snake Bite tm series will also get you to 500 RWHP with Stock upper and lower pulley 15#s boost.

Thank you

black 10th vert

Established Member
I agree, that is one cold day away from a nasty lean out.

If it was data logged I believe that would be verified, and if not is is going to be dangerously close.

+2 Even if those things are technically needed in all conditions, it isn't much extra money to spend once you have gone that far, and will provide an extra margin for growth/safety.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuerza

Established Member
I had that combo and it needed a MAFia and a boost a pump.

Here is my 2 cents. Let those that know about porting port. Let those that know about tuning tune.

Last thing my combo didn't make 500HP.

dynobobstieg

you are in the minority

If we are in the minority I will have to take your guys word for it. We are by no means inexperienced when it comes to tuning but we can only speak for the results we get here in our shop. It is good to have everyone's feedback that is part of why we post on here and we do appreciate it. Either way this is a inexpensive way to achieve 500 RWHP. For those of you not able to achieve these numbers with our blower and similar set up please feel free to contact us and ask us for help.

Thanks
Don at Stiegemeier's

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Stock exhaust too? Is that a a magical blower?

- Pegged MAF
- Pegged injectors
- stock exhaust
- No MAF
- No BAP
- No injectors

Can you post up all the data logs?

Last edited:

92 Couper

Established Member
Come on guys. That "other porting guy" (we all know who I am talking about) posts anything at all, and you can't stop humping his leg. He could post a picture of his sh*t and he would have 50 fan boys post telling him how great it was in the first 10 minutes.

Bob posts anything and catchs a bunch of sh*t every time.

My results: 516 rwhp/500 lb-ft with one of Bob's ports.

Bob's stage 5 port with TB and plenum ported
2.76 blower pulley
Metco idler set
K&N Intake
Bassani catted X pipe and magnaflow cat back
Bob Kurgan tune via SCT Xcal 3
Mafia

Could have gotten by without the Mafia but it was close enough I wanted to be safe. Did not need injectors or more fuel at that point but would if I decide to do a lower pulley.

I have watched a bunch of cars make right at 500 on this board with either guys port and the same basic set up as Bob is describing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Even if Bob's majority experience was no fuel upgrades and no MAF upgrade needed, it is a fact that often either is necessary, or both. IMO it is very smart to at least advise potential customer that they might need those mods rather than imply they shouldn't be necessary.

Here's my own experience with my Stage 2 blower from back in 2003. My MAF pegged at 480rwhp (SAE) and I ran out of fuel at 495rwhp. So to get to 504rwhp I had to upgrade my pumps, upgrade my MAF, and, of course, had to get a new tune.

testorossa1989

Established Member
I am interested in porting this winter for the prized 500hp mark. But ive searched hundred of threads of people persueing this mark with a Port, tune, pulley, idler, maf, injectors, and a few other mods and fall short of this "500 mark". Most the guys i saw are hitting the 480mark which is good power!! but numbers talk, 495 might be close but its still not 500! This being said i started looking into posi performance just because everyone ive read about fall short of this mark. Maybe im not looking at the right mods. Please correct me where these members are going wrong

Fuerza

Established Member
I have never had an issue with their porting. On my old Cobra I had an Apten 1 then upgraded to a Steig 4. I was very happy with the port. They were the original ported blower.

My point is what works for one car won't always work on another. Pulleying down to a 2.76 with a port anyone should be caution about pegging the MAF sensor and maxing out the fuel pumps. If you aren't concerned then be prepared to buy and engine.

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
I understand where you are coming from, but this is not at all "THAT" type of thread.

No one cares to argue about who is better, blah blah blah.

We are however, discussing the merits of this particular thread which outlines Stiegemeiers "easy way" to 500 RWHP.

I don't know anyone who has this setup without a BAP and MAF. No one.

Perhaps the weather conditions were just right and that particular car had a strong running fuel system. But most (as in the vast majority) do not.

I also know of a great mechanic on this forum who has a stage 4 in one of the best looking sonic blue Cobra's I have seen and he made 495 RWHP - WITH above stated air and fuel support.

I purchased a Stage V from a member on this forum (great guy too) and he made 529 RWHP with it, so I am sure many factors come in to play such as compression loss with aging motors, etc.

I do have to take issue with the thread title and merit of such a thread though. why in the world would you tell people that having a stage IV port is the "easy way" to 500 HP if you don't even offer that particular port anymore??? that is not the best way to do this.

To Stieg: You guys do awesome work, so this is not regarding that. You may not even be aware of how some posts, treads, etc can be taken. But the fact is that this thread is misleading with the title and the content. No one can follow your outline here, because you yourselves don't even do that now.

Also, most people do need a BAP and MAF help. It's pretty well established throughout the Cobra community (not just on SVTP either).

I recommend that you repost with a STAGE VI setup and let the Stage IV info die - since you saw fit to let the actual porting process for STAGE IV die.

I have the STAGE V and can't wait to have that running (have to gently break in the new motor before I can begin that journey though).

Post up some detailed info on the Stage 6, supporting mods, pulley sizes, dyno graph, and datalog when you get the chance. We would all be very interested. It may make it easier for some looking to port to look to you for that service. Thanks for the work you do.

Come on guys. That "other porting guy" (we all know who I am talking about) posts anything at all, and you can't stop humping his leg. He could post a picture of his sh*t and he would have 50 fan boys post telling him how great it was in the first 10 minutes.

Bob posts anything and catchs a bunch of sh*t every time.

My results: 516 rwhp/500 lb-ft with one of Bob's ports.

Bob's stage 5 port with TB and plenum ported
2.76 blower pulley
Metco idler set
K&N Intake
Bassani catted X pipe and magnaflow cat back
Bob Kurgan tune via SCT Xcal 3
Mafia

Could have gotten by without the Mafia but it was close enough I wanted to be safe. Did not need injectors or more fuel at that point but would if I decide to do a lower pulley.

I have watched a bunch of cars make right at 500 on this board with either guys port and the same basic set up as Bob is describing.

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
Mine has a ported blower from a different shop... It made 491hp & 480tq SAE with the mods in my sig minus the X-Pipe! With stock H-pipe, TB & Plenum. Still running stock fuel system... No Bap or Mafia. Now it's a little over 500 at 11.9 AF. So it is possible to achieve the 500 mark. I may be close to peaking or just about there but didn't run out of fuel, just my 2 cents...

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I understand where you are coming from, but this is not at all "THAT" type of thread.

No one cares to argue about who is better, blah blah blah.

We are however, discussing the merits of this particular thread which outlines Stiegemeiers "easy way" to 500 RWHP.

I don't know anyone who has this setup without a BAP and MAF. No one.

Perhaps the weather conditions were just right and that particular car had a strong running fuel system. But most (as in the vast majority) do not.

I also know of a great mechanic on this forum who has a stage 4 in one of the best looking sonic blue Cobra's I have seen and he made 495 RWHP - WITH above stated air and fuel support.

I purchased a Stage V from a member on this forum (great guy too) and he made 529 RWHP with it, so I am sure many factors come in to play such as compression loss with aging motors, etc.

I do have to take issue with the thread title and merit of such a thread though. why in the world would you tell people that having a stage IV port is the "easy way" to 500 HP if you don't even offer that particular port anymore??? that is not the best way to do this.

To Stieg: You guys do awesome work, so this is not regarding that. You may not even be aware of how some posts, treads, etc can be taken. But the fact is that this thread is misleading with the title and the content. No one can follow your outline here, because you yourselves don't even do that now.

Also, most people do need a BAP and MAF help. It's pretty well established throughout the Cobra community (not just on SVTP either).

I recommend that you repost with a STAGE VI setup and let the Stage IV info die - since you saw fit to let the actual porting process for STAGE IV die.

I have the STAGE V and can't wait to have that running (have to gently break in the new motor before I can begin that journey though).

Post up some detailed info on the Stage 6, supporting mods, pulley sizes, dyno graph, and datalog when you get the chance. We would all be very interested. It may make it easier for some looking to port to look to you for that service. Thanks for the work you do.

Some excellent points here! I also agree, that while it may be the recipe for an "easy 500hp", why in the world would you advertise a port that you no longer offer?! :??: I feel it would make more sense to say "easy way to 550hp with our new stage 6 port", or whatever number we are up to these days...

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Mine has a ported blower from a different shop... It made 491hp & 480tq SAE with the mods in my sig minus the X-Pipe! With stock H-pipe, TB & Plenum. Still running stock fuel system... No Bap or Mafia. Now it's a little over 500 at 11.9 AF. So it is possible to achieve the 500 mark. I may be close to peaking or just about there but didn't run out of fuel, just my 2 cents...

Have you datalogged yourself?

Not the best pics but you get the idea? No MAF or BAP, just what's in my sig.

a921b83b.gif

313f5a2c.gif

Users who are viewing this thread