500 RWHP the EASY Way

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Come on guys. That "other porting guy" (we all know who I am talking about) posts anything at all, and you can't stop humping his leg. He could post a picture of his sh*t and he would have 50 fan boys post telling him how great it was in the first 10 minutes.

Bob posts anything and catchs a bunch of sh*t every time.

My results: 516 rwhp/500 lb-ft with one of Bob's ports.

Bob's stage 5 port with TB and plenum ported
2.76 blower pulley
Metco idler set
K&N Intake
Bassani catted X pipe and magnaflow cat back
Bob Kurgan tune via SCT Xcal 3
Mafia

Could have gotten by without the Mafia but it was close enough I wanted to be safe. Did not need injectors or more fuel at that point but would if I decide to do a lower pulley.

I have watched a bunch of cars make right at 500 on this board with either guys port and the same basic set up as Bob is describing.
I don't get the point of your post? Showing results on a port that isn't offered anymore accomplishes WHAT?

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Whats up with the Snakebite?
Not being a smartass, but I thought that was the easy way to 500rwhp?

dynobobstieg

The point of this thread was simply to show good results that a Stiegemeier customer had. The title was intended to catch attention... I would say it did that although I am catching more criticism than I would have liked. I would love to post more detailed results on a stage 6 cobra but the problem we have run into is availability of a terminator to use. Most of the Terminators around here are either owned by those who won't mod, have twin screws or already have one of our blowers. Our shop test car is a 08 GT500. If I get a Cobra in here I can post results. The problem we have is when we do post results that customers send me from out of state we are criticized heavily for not enough info. I am not always given every detail by the customer I simply try to post what our blowers pick up without any other changes. We have posted stage 6 cobra results in the past and they were mostly disregarded. We will try to post some extremely detailed results at the next opportunity. As I said we do appreciate everyone's feedback. Please keep in mind we are only a 4 person team here at Stiegemeier and making detailed post is sometimes difficult while trying to handle busy day to day operations but we will continue to improve.

Thanks
Don at Stiegemeier's

Last edited by a moderator:

dynobobstieg

Whats up with the Snakebite?
Not being a smartass, but I thought that was the easy way to 500rwhp?

The Snake Bite is certainly the easiest way to make 500 RWHP in our opinion but we realize that for one reason or another the Snake Bite is not for everyone and we offer multiple ways to achieve the 500 mark instead of focusing on 1 product too much.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
The point of this thread was simply to simply show good results that a Stiegemeier customer had. The title was intended to catch attention... I would say it did that although I am catching more criticism than I would have liked. I would love to post more detailed results on a stage 6 cobra but the problem we have run into is availability of a terminator to use. Most of the Terminators around here are either owned by those who won't mod, have twin screws or already have one of our blowers. Our shop test car is a 08 GT500. If I get a Cobra in here I can post results. The problem we have is when we do post results that customers send me from out of state we are criticized heavily for not enough info. I am not always given every detail by the customer I simply try to post what our blowers pick up without any other changes. We have posted stage 6 cobra results in the past and they were mostly disregarded. We will try to post some extremely detailed results at the next opportunity. As I said we do appreciate everyone's feedback. Please keep in mind we are only a 4 person team here at Stiegemeier and making detailed post is sometimes difficult while trying to handle busy day to day operations but we will continue to improve.

Thanks
Don at Stiegemeier's

See Sig

Don, if you need a donor car I'll be more than happy:beer:

dynobobstieg

See Sig

Don, if you need a donor car I'll be more than happy:beer:

Thanks, If I need one I will let you know but we are currently in the process of testing some new products so more stage 6 results are on the back burner for the time being. Looks like you are however making good numbers with your stage 4 and I hope you are enjoying it.

Thanks
Don:burnout:

Satyr

Established Member
With regard to the fuel and MAF issues, I would also strongly recommend a BAP and MAF.ia at the very least. I additionally suggest the upgrade to 60# injectors (or let Stieg open them up and flow test them); though, the injectors are rarely needed with a setup like this, they're good to have for when a lower pulley is put on or if you want nitrous...so you don't have to go through the pain of getting a new tune for larger injectors.

As for making the power, when I had my Stage 5+ Stieg port, it dyno'd at something like 465 on the mustang dyno in relatively warm/humid weather. This was with the 5+, 4# lower and 2.8" upper. In other words, you will definitely reach your mark if you're on a dynojet or possibly with cooler weather.

TrickleVenom

SVT fan
Established Member
Awesome porting Bob! I do not need to know all the test car's vital signs. I would hope we all know enough about these cars to keep them running at safe levels. This site has all the info for an upgrade like ported blowers, and what HP range you need to step up your fuel system at. Looks like the graph that was displayed shows the car right at that fine line of being maxed in regards to the fuel system. Thats not a bad thing, but it should not go un-noticed.

Simple way to make that fuel delivery more efficient. BAP, or possibly just a retune, and a MAF would do the trick. I will leave that to the experts, I am not that high in HP yet so when that time comes around I will be ready for it.

I have also found that keeping these cars stock is hard to do. I log on here everyday, and see all the really nice cars you guys have. Makes me want to call up lethalperformance, and spend like my wife at a shoe store(with a HUGE sign out front that says CLEARANCE TODAY ONLY!!). :)

One thing i noticed was you said the IAT was 23 deg cooler. That helps A LOT when it comes to making power, heat soak that car a little and the numbers will go down. But hey, some cars are just more potent than others. :)

Thanks for the post Bob! Hopefully I will be porting mine soon. :beer:

Last edited:

2004silvercobra

Established Member
it all depends on where you live if you need a BAP or MAF. Im here in Denver and had a KB with 18lbs running the stock fuel system and MAF, it was pushing it but if i would of had a ported eaton i wouldn't even be close...

Teej281

Established Member
Thanks, If I need one I will let you know but we are currently in the process of testing some new products so more stage 6 results are on the back burner for the time being. Looks like you are however making good numbers with your stage 4 and I hope you are enjoying it.

Thanks
Don:burnout:

Looks like stage 7 is in the works...stage 4 seemed to be the best port you offered. Why not go back to that instead of try to come up with new ways to make more power.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Come on guys. That "other porting guy" (we all know who I am talking about) posts anything at all, and you can't stop humping his leg. He could post a picture of his sh*t and he would have 50 fan boys post telling him how great it was in the first 10 minutes.

Bob posts anything and catchs a bunch of sh*t every time.

My results: 516 rwhp/500 lb-ft with one of Bob's ports.

Bob's stage 5 port with TB and plenum ported
2.76 blower pulley
Metco idler set
K&N Intake
Bassani catted X pipe and magnaflow cat back
Bob Kurgan tune via SCT Xcal 3
Mafia

Could have gotten by without the Mafia but it was close enough I wanted to be safe. Did not need injectors or more fuel at that point but would if I decide to do a lower pulley.

I have watched a bunch of cars make right at 500 on this board with either guys port and the same basic set up as Bob is describing.

You're way off base. This is a tech forum. Posting this type of (mis) information...IMO...can be potentially harmful to members here and cost them
a bunch of money.

92 Couper

Established Member
You're way off base. This is a tech forum. Posting this type of (mis) information...IMO...can be potentially harmful to members here and cost them
a bunch of money.

What mis-information did I post? I posted my results with one of Bob's ported blowers. I had a very good and reputable tuner (Bob Kurgan) doing the tuning for me on his dyno locally. We were looking at injector duty cycle, MAF counts, fuel pressure, AF ratio, etc. In the end I did add a Mafia to the combo becuase the MAF counts were getting close to max.

No one ever said you could bolt on a ported blower and run it without a tune and careful checking of the data. That is a requirement for anyone who ups the boost/goes ported/goes with a larger blower. Combinations are different as well as atmospheric and regional conditions.

If a member bolts on a pullied, ported blower without getting it tuned or understanding the datalog before going out a stomping it, then they deserve the damage that the inflected by thier own lack of care.

Bottom line is that not every 500 rwhp car needs injectors, or BAP/pumps or even a MAF upgrade. You can see from this very thread a number of us who did just that as well as others who have had to have one or more of these.

So based on your original post in this thread, you are recommending that before you get a port you to throw on injectors, MAF and fuel system upgrades to the tune of another $1000 of cost. I would call that mis-information.

PKFIRE

Established Member
I made 516whp std and 518whp for the day and running stock pumps.
V+ 2.8 upper only.

cobracide

Established Member
It is ALWAYS a good ideal to datalog MAF counts, FPDC, injector duty cycle among the usual culprits when you are going for 500+. Research here showed me that all these components are either riding on edge (+90%) or beyond their capability near 500 and beyond. To tell you the truth, I didn't bother and just upgraded everything.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It is ALWAYS a good ideal to datalog MAF counts, FPDC, injector duty cycle among the usual culprits when you are going for 500+. Research here showed me that all these components are either riding on edge (+90%) or beyond their capability near 500 and beyond. To tell you the truth, I didn't bother and just upgraded everything.

THANK YOU for posting the gospel truth. I also agree that upgrading just makes common sense when you know, or should know, that you're riding the edge. To say otherwise IMO is not being responsible towards those who come to these threads looking for accurate tech info. At the very least our recommendation to someone considering jumping over 500rwhp (ie. with a port) is to do just what you posted. The thing we shouldn't do is imply these mods likely won't be needed. JMO.

1badlx

Established Member
Steg i live literally 2 miles from your shop. I have a stock 04 cobra with a catback and filter and thats it. Have been thinking about stopping by and inquiring about your stage 6 port.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
THANK YOU for posting the gospel truth. I also agree that upgrading just makes common sense when you know, or should know, that you're riding the edge. To say otherwise IMO is not being responsible towards those who come to these threads looking for accurate tech info. At the very least our recommendation to someone considering jumping over 500rwhp (ie. with a port) is to do just what you posted. The thing we shouldn't do is imply these mods likely won't be needed. JMO.

Word! Don't kno if you folks missed the pics but my MAF counts @ 6500 were @ 1008 in hot humid day! Aldo My pumps were @ 97%. This just with a 2.8 pulley, tune, exhaust, cold air, I was surprised none the less.:shrug:

Not beating on steggy just a heads up to research or datalog. Thats all.

Qwk GT

Established Member
Guess I've been out of the cobra scene too long. Is the stage 6 different than the snakebit? I checked steig's website, they don't even have the stg 5 anymore? (latest version I knew about).

Users who are viewing this thread