3rd Annual Central Illinois SVT and Performance Fords meet

hinds04

Established Member
Well its time for the 2012 CISVT and Performance Ford meet. Kevin and I will again be hosting the meet in Peoria, IL Sunday, April 22nd with Sunday the 29th as a rain date. We had over 100 cars scheduled to attend last year before it was rained out. We held it the next day and ended up with 68 cars. We are hoping for 150 cars this year and great weather. We will again have a plaque for Best SVT and Best Performance Ford. We hope to see everyone from St Louis and Chicago again this year. As always, lets make it bigger than last year.

We will be checking in cars between 10-11am. When you turn in your registration sheet you will be given a window card with your assigned car number and two vote tickets (one for best SVT and the other for best performance ford). You will need write the car number that you vote for on the corresponding vote ticket and turn it back in to us.

Mustang Engine Tuning Controls Overview
by Brian Young
Brian Young, a former Ford Mustang Engine Calibration Engineer and current Caterpillar Controls Engineer, will give an overview of the powertrain controls logic that operates our engines. He will describe aspects of how the code logic works and will specifically hit on the “Big 3” – induction (air meter), fuel system, and spark control systems similar to last year’s presentation. For this offering, he will review the top "tuner" specs a customer needs to ask of a dyno business and then cover more modern engine control topics - electronic throttle, variable cam timing, etc.

Practical tuning examples of the ramifications of changing hardware and what are the correct methods to “tune” the controls to provide optimal operation and OEM drive quality will also be given. He will then give a demo of some calibration tools and hardware used to tune.

Brian is widely known on svtperformance.com as sonicmach1. You can find him at his 2003 Redfire Cobra (VENOM).

Springfield area people: We will be leaving loves gas station at the Williamsville exit on 55 at 8am sharp. This will get us there first and allow for kevin and I to get setup.

SPONSORS

Lethal Performance - Contributing posters and two $50 gift certificates that we will draw names for.

American Muscle - Contributing two $100 gift certificates for mustang owners that we will draw names for.

*only drivers are available to win certificates

Registration Sheet - Please print this off and fill out everything except the car number, this while be assigned on arrival. Turn into Kyle or Kevin and make sure you get a window card with your car number.

18016d3c-b844-1c01.jpg

Attending
A LOT

Some Pics from last year

lot8.jpg

lot1.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
Im hoping to have my car done by then so I will say that I will be there. It'd be a good break in drive too.

*Reminder to self, Finish car by April 21st*

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
I'm most definitely in for this!! Let me know if you need help Kyle.

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
Kyle the CMC crew will be rolling down DEEP if the weather cooperates. I'm anticipating a huge turnout from us. Great way to pregame for our CMC Season Opener.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Rolling deep... lol. Where you just listening to Adele? jk man! This should be epic if the weather is good.

I would still organize a little cruise for those interested.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
btw, what wheels are you running now? Those ccw's look freaking sick on your car!!

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
btw, what wheels are you running now? Those ccw's look freaking sick on your car!!

I'm buying them back. I loved them and should have never sold them. Even my wife said they are beautiful. Thankfully I sold them to someone who has wheel issues like me and he is willing to sell them back.

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
Any chance of doing a Sunday? Seems a lot of guys work Saturdays. Just a thought and may help attendance and roads will be clearer for those making a longer trek.

Users who are viewing this thread