Brace Yourselves.... Potential plasti dip thread

XPTB

Established Member
Ok hear me out before you say OMG PLASTI DIP NO.

I wonder what matte black racing stripes would look like on my black cobra. I figure the easiest way to find out is lay down some plasti dip matte black and see what it looks like. Sure it'll have a slight texture to it, but at least I won't spend the money on vinyl and realize it sucks balls.

I'm planning on trying it this weekend. I'll post pics as soon as its done.

template.jpg

XPTB

Established Member
just do it. i did it on my wheels thinking i'll get them powdercoated. i ended up keeping them. i also did it to my hood.

I actually did my rims cause I didn't want to paint my stockers and mess them up when I go to sell them later.

cobra10.JPG

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Do it!! It isnt gonna kill anyone! I have been debating on doing this to my rims because I want to see what they look like black. **** it I might just try it

XPTB

Established Member
Do it!! It isnt gonna kill anyone! I have been debating on doing this to my rims because I want to see what they look like black. **** it I might just try it

I'll help... DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post pics of my stripes this weekend. We shall see how bad i do. I probably should hold off on the rum...... **** IT i'll drink and spray stripes. It comes off, right? :banana:

KaotikGT

Established Member
If you buy the glossifer to the last coat while its still wet itll come out more matte than flat. But I'm assuming youll be using spray cans?

jblood37

Established Member
If you buy the glossifer to the last coat while its still wet itll come out more matte than flat. But I'm assuming youll be using spray cans?

I thought about plasti dipping some of the interior trim pieces in my car. Anyone tried this? I saw an entire Tahoe that was plasti dipped the other day lol.

NewDuuude

Established Member
In for pics of the stripes
Thought about the matte stripes from anchor room on my black cobra
Hmmmmmmm do ittt

gabe1530

Banned
OP, as long as you take your time prepping the car correctly... i think it will come out alright.

please do this. im thinking about doing my 10th anniv. rims when i get home.

Last edited:

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
OP, as long as you take your time prepping the car correctly... i think it will come out alright.

please do this. im thinking about doing my 10th anniv. rims when i get home.

Damn now I have to haha, Gotta see how the weather is gonna turn out this weekend. Will probably just do it
I'll help... DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post pics of my stripes this weekend. We shall see how bad i do. I probably should hold off on the rum...... **** IT i'll drink and spray stripes. It comes off, right? :banana:
Welp, I guess so!! I wanna do it right so I'll probably spend the majority of the day Saturday prepping the rims and spary them Sunday

Think I am going to do my rims this spring...is it durable?

As far as I know they are pretty durable, I have a buddy with a 5.0 on here and he plastidipped his rims the second month he had the car, almost a year later it still looked really good

KaotikGT

Established Member
Think I am going to do my rims this spring...is it durable?

Yeah done it to a buddy of mine's GT wheels. They came out looking good and the stuff holds up very well. Just make sure its warm or it will clump when it comes out. And do atleast 6 coats so it comes off good when you want to take it off.

08mojo

Established Member
I thought about plasti dipping some of the interior trim pieces in my car. Anyone tried this? I saw an entire Tahoe that was plasti dipped the other day lol.

I plasti-dipped some pieces of the interior of my previous car. The factory interior was the 'soft touch' black finish. The pieces came out looking factory. However, it is not durable for 'high wear' areas. If it is a b-pillar or something that will not be touched often, you should be fine. If it is an arm rest or even the area around the parking brake, it will peel and look terrible.

keith89

Established Member
I bought enough to do my whole car during a black friday deal from dipyourcar.com. I don't care what anyone says. I've seen the results and i live in an apartment where i need to keep my black cobra out in the driveway which is a nightmare. The plastidip will protect the finish and will look sweet matte black. If I get bored of it or move to a place with a garage, i'll just peel it off(no harm done). I'm just trying to figure out what to do with the stock satin wheels. Thinking gloss black plastidip.

KaotikGT

Established Member
I bought enough to do my whole car during a black friday deal from dipyourcar.com. I don't care what anyone says. I've seen the results and i live in an apartment where i need to keep my black cobra out in the driveway which is a nightmare. The plastidip will protect the finish and will look sweet matte black. If I get bored of it or move to a place with a garage, i'll just peel it off(no harm done). I'm just trying to figure out what to do with the stock satin wheels. Thinking gloss black plastidip.

Post some pics of this if you dont mind.

Users who are viewing this thread