Brace Yourselves.... Potential plasti dip thread

XPTB

Established Member
Starting the prep work. I clay barred the area to get the wax and everything off. Starting to tape it off now. Getting these bitches even is kinda difficult.... MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE!

I forgot to pick up newspaper so now i gotta go out and get that. DAMN IT.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I went out today and bought a bunch of cans, got some newspaper too. Will be taking all the wheels off tomorrow and cleaning, possibly claying them, should be done with pics posted tomorrow. They didnt have any glossifier so if I dont like the matte look I will order some gloss. We'll see how it goes

Blown38

Established Member
Starting the prep work. I clay barred the area to get the wax and everything off. Starting to tape it off now. Getting these bitches even is kinda difficult.... MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE!

I forgot to pick up newspaper so now i gotta go out and get that. DAMN IT.

When I did my stripes. I layed the center piece of tape. Then made a bunch of strips the same length(7") and layed them perpendicular to the center tape so I had a guide to go by for the outer tape strips.

A pic is worth 1000 words.

1341720219867_zpse25eea1e.jpg

Last edited:

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
heres a pic that someone photoshoped for me a couple years ago.

VTDE_zps604c5e11.gif

That actually doesnt look horrible, I would have to do the badges and everything else. Hmmmm we shall see how far I take tomorrow. Might be doing the cobras and badges. It helps that I already have limo tint

gabe1530

Banned
That actually doesnt look horrible, I would have to do the badges and everything else. Hmmmm we shall see how far I take tomorrow. Might be doing the cobras and badges. It helps that I already have limo tint

yeah i was iffy on it as well thats why i never did it. plus, a couple years ago... plastidip wasnt around.
looking forward to your results.

Just put your thumb over his windows to get an idea lol

LOL

jsonic

Established Member
The only thing I have against plastidip is its very hard to keep clean if u drive on dirt, and it never seems to stay the same shade black. Maybe a few more coats would help the color but its just my DD.

XPTB

Established Member
3 coats in! The only thing I don't like about plasti dip is the texture. I hear you can get rid of that with a little work but this isn't permanent. I'm just seeing if I want to invest in getting the vinyl work done.

stripes3.jpg

keith89

Established Member
Just sprayed my carbon fiber spoiler matte clear. Turned out great. Just need to get my car back so I can spray it matte black. I bought way too much matte clear. I have 2 cans. I did 6 coats and still have a lot left over. I will probably get the carbon wiper cowl and do the same.

20130309152734.jpg

20130309152750.jpg

20130309152742.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like your attention to detail. Love hearing about folks doing stuff like this on their own.

Users who are viewing this thread