Brace Yourselves.... Potential plasti dip thread

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
How does this stick to polished aluminum surfaces? I'd like to try this on my highly polished Fore hood vents to see if I like the matte black look better without committing to sanding them to get regular paint to stick. May even try the Chicanes to see how they look as long as it's reversible.

It is completely reversible to my knowledge. Even tho there are cases out there of people putting it on brand new cars and it peeling away paint. But I plastidipped my tenth rims with the polished lip and its held up perfect

I plan on doing underside of my hood soon here. So interested to see results.

Interested to see your results, I need to paint/plastidip my hoods underside as well

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I've had it on my wheels on my GT before but it started to look bad so I took it off. Did my rear decklid and horse in the grille as well. All I can say to anyone wanting to do it, make sure you get enough thick coats so when you want to take it off, it comes off in one piece. Otherwise you'll be like I was and end up with thousands of small pieces of it in your driveway lol.

Matte black decklid by Black03GT, on Flickr

GOPR0032 by Black03GT, on Flickr

Untitled by Black03GT, on Flickr

Back when she was all stock with just dipped wheels and Flows lol

Black wheels by Black03GT, on Flickr

Definitely doing my wheels all black again.

keith89

Established Member
Just did my whole car over the weekend. It was a little too hot so i have a few spots with streaks where the dip dried too fast. I can redo those panels in the fall but overall I like it. I still need to install my matte cleared carbon fiber spoiler.

ctcv.jpg

Ralo

Established Member
Just did my whole car over the weekend. It was a little too hot so i have a few spots with streaks where the dip dried too fast. I can redo those panels in the fall but overall I like it. I still need to install my matte cleared carbon fiber spoiler.

ctcv.jpg

Post more pics

keith89

Established Member
As you wish. I still haven't figure out what to do with the wheels. I thought they would clash with the satin black finish but it's not so bad. I may do gloss black plasti dip with red wheel stripes. If i don't like it, I'll just peel it off and go back to stock.

Painting the rear bumper (I went right over the chrome SS letters):
dshq.jpg

Painting the body (bumper removal is optional):
2rfk.jpg

uip7.jpg

Peeling the windows and emblems:
38ko.jpg

5pdu.jpg

Bumpers reinstalled (forgot the front cobra emblem in this picture):
fkzh.jpg

rear 3/4:
j7sj.jpg

side:
lhn0.jpg

Bonus photo. I was part of the Carbon Driven group buy for carbon fiber spoilers. When I received it this past winter, I immediately sprayed it with matte clear plasti dip to protect it and it turned out amazing. I can't wait to get it on the car.
msjh.jpg

Last edited:

keith89

Established Member
The factory paint job is black. I moved to an apartment where I have to park in a driveway instead of garage. Those of you with black cars know this is a nightmare. I plasti dipped the car to protect the factory paint until I get my own garage.

Theres 6 coats of plasti dip on there. It's pretty durable and peels off thick like vinyl. I don't have to worry about water spots and things etching the dip like the factory paint.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
The factory paint job is black. I moved to an apartment where I have to park in a driveway instead of garage. Those of you with black cars know this is a nightmare. I plasti dipped the car to protect the factory paint until I get my own garage.

Theres 6 coats of plasti dip on there. It's pretty durable and peels off thick like vinyl. I don't have to worry about water spots and things etching the dip like the factory paint.

I just noticed your license plate :thumbsup: funny

Users who are viewing this thread