First 2013 GT500 in the 10's

16kOrBust

Established Member
Bottom 10's @ 140+ is ****in movin for ANY car. Hell, that's liter bike territory. Let that sink in for a second.

Now, I can't wait to see what the actual mods are. All I see is "boost only", and that can mean a lot of things. We'll just have to wait and see what they are.

Z28

Established Member
i think we can all agree that the mods are the basic bolt ons but we arent talking about a set of Heddman headers for a fox body. The cheapest headers, for example, on Lethal performance's website for the newer GT500 is $1300. You are looking at $2k in exhaust lol

Also realize that the headers for the GT500 are all stainless steel headers, not a set of cheap painted/coated mild steel headers. Heck, even a set have stainless headers for an F-Body are $1000+.

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Also realize that the headers for the GT500 are all stainless steel headers, not a set of cheap painted/coated steel headers. Heck, even a set have stainless headers for an F-Body are $1000+.

yeah i know i deff agree..thats kinda what i meant when he was saying the headerse were the most expensive mod and the fact that they are actually pretty damn expensive in reality. trust me i know about LS1s and pricey headers...i had a set of Kooks and QTPs

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
yeah i know i deff agree..thats kinda what i meant when he was saying the headerse were the most expensive mod and the fact that they are actually pretty damn expensive in reality. trust me i know about LS1s and pricey headers...i had a set of Kooks and QTPs

Theyre a bargain if thats the most money you had to spend to run 140+ mph...

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
LOLL i would insult you and tell you how useless your lil brain is but they pass infractions around here like a joint gets passed on 4/20 so i'll keep my statement/question as tame as possible.

A brand new fox was how much back in the day? 13-18k? okay 300-500 dollar headers make perfect sense. how much is the new gt500? 50k+ so lets see if you can digest this, if someone buys a 50k+ car and can AFFORD it *cough* then why the **** would someone give a shit about spending 3-5% of the money they bought the car for into headers and full exhaust? they wouldn't. get it? good.

also excuse any errors in my spelling/grammar i'm posting this from my phone...

answer one by one ok?

Where did i say If someone can afford it?
Where did i say anything about cost of part to cost of car comparison?
Why bring up the price of a fox at all? heddman sells headers in summit for like $140 bucks.

I was merely responding to his post about the headers being the most expensive thing. Well of course they are. They are damn near $1500 for them. What else that is a normal bolt (keeping stock blower) that is more than that? TB, pulley, intake, catback, tune, gears, clutch will all be cheaper than that. make sense now?

And please try your hardest to just respond with FACTS and not just make cracks at me. I hope you have more wit and creativity than to quickly jump on that wagon and bring nothing to the table other than a lame jab at me.

grnenvy

Established Member
U know the more I think about it the car isn't any faster then a 5.0 with a TVS.
Hmm like my car and I have an auto which I prefer. The advantage is u don't have to install a blower.

yenko boy

Established Member
Your more of an idiot for throwing out senseless insults. A60mph roll would favor modified vette's End of story. Now I do think the gt500 will put up a hell of a fight but would end up loosing as the speeds climb.

Last edited:

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Cobra Man of UT is funny (in a sad way). I've never seen anybody be so die hard over bolted together metal that they get butthurt over it.

He's funny in a sad way like the retard at the mall that can't walk right. Proof positive we killed Darwinism right there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Really? Because the ZR1 would DESTROY the GT500 in that scenario.

Wouldn't it be the other way around... from a dig the ZR1 would destroy the GT500 based on weight alone. The faster you go, the less weight matters. Considering how fast the fat GTR is with its awesome gearing, I'd like to see what Ford has done with the gearing on the GT500 where top end is concerned.

The ZR1 in theory should destroy the GT500 as you say, but we haven't produced a fact from a race yet.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
I think it is fair to say that GM won't be able to counter the GT500 with the ZL1 unless the bump the ZR1 to over 700HP. I doubt they will even consider doing that just because then they would have to deciate money into suspension design just handle that kinda power in the corners which the ZR1 must do well. Then GM would have to turn around and dump money to squeeze out more HP outta of the ZL1 plus beef up the suspension to handle it too. Will GM attempt all this? I doubt it, Ford put GM in a corner with the GT500. It bested the Camaro ZL1 and is on the door step of the ZR1 (straight line performance not anything else so don't get it twisted). Good job Ford, now imagine if Ford had it's own Corvette (why Ford hasn't done this yet is beyond me).

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I think it is fair to say that GM won't be able to counter the GT500 with the ZL1 unless the bump the ZR1 to over 700HP. I doubt they will even consider doing that just because then they would have to deciate money into suspension design just handle that kinda power in the corners which the ZR1 must do well. Then GM would have to turn around and dump money to squeeze out more HP outta of the ZL1 plus beef up the suspension to handle it too. Will GM attempt all this? I doubt it, Ford put GM in a corner with the GT500. It bested the Camaro ZL1 and is on the door step of the ZR1 (straight line performance not anything else so don't get it twisted). Good job Ford, now imagine if Ford had it's own Corvette (why Ford hasn't done this yet is beyond me).

The suspension on the ZL1 could easily handle more power as they beefed up everything already. I don't see them adding all kinds of power to the engine though. They'd have to revise the LSA or go to an LS9 and I don't see them doing either.

The GT500 is a beast but it's not quite on the doorstep of the ZR1. The ZR1 has gone 10.60's on stock tires and 10.20's on drag radials. So, maybe on the walk leading up to the house?

wma8706

Established Member
this coming from the Gt500 forums
- Stock Upper but Lower Pulley upgrade.
- JLT Plastic intake
- Ford Racing Throttle Body
- ARH Long-Tube Headers (Catless? Stock axleback though) - Gear swap (ratio?) - Bigs and littles

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
The suspension on the ZL1 could easily handle more power as they beefed up everything already. I don't see them adding all kinds of power to the engine though. They'd have to revise the LSA or go to an LS9 and I don't see them doing either.

The GT500 is a beast but it's not quite on the doorstep of the ZR1. The ZR1 has gone 10.60's on stock tires and 10.20's on drag radials. So, maybe on the walk leading up to the house?

If thats the case then the ZL1 isnt close to the Shelbys door step either being that the Shelby and ZR1 are closer in performance than the Shelby and ZL1.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
If thats the case then the ZL1 isnt close to the Shelbys door step either being that the Shelby and ZR1 are closer in performance than the Shelby and ZL1.

The ZR1 has been 1.2 seconds faster stock and 1 second faster with drag radials than the GT500 (yes those were hero runs but those are the numbers we have to work with so far). The difference between the GT500 and ZL1 is not greater than that.

Users who are viewing this thread