First 2013 GT500 in the 10's

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Says who?? Let a 5.0 run into a Shelby on the highway and 9 times out of 10 that higher trapping Shelby will destroy it.

Roll racing on the highway is just one area. You said the GT500 will be "closer to the ZR1 in performance." That's pretty broad. Drag strip, road course, from a dig on the street, I think you're wrong.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Roll racing on the highway is just one area. You said the GT500 will be "closer to the ZR1 in performance." That's pretty broad. Drag strip, road course, from a dig on the street, I think you're wrong.

You know damn well what i was talking about, stop trying to twist it around in youre favor. Geez the lengths ppl go to to be right.

Does it really need to be said that the Shelby wont touch a ZR1 on a road course??? I think not.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
All things being equal the ZR1 will beat the Shelby everytime.

This is one way to look at it. Take that cam away from the ZR1 and it will def lose some ET and MPH. So the car is now basically a bolt on car just like Evo's Shelby.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say Evo got a 9 sec pass out of it and is keeping it under wraps for the magazine article. If this is not the case im sure we can all agree it def a 9sec car with that mph.

Bolt on ZR1 (without custom cam) prediction.
9.8@143??

Bolt on GT500
9.9@141

But wait some how this isnt even close and shouldnt be compared bc its the mighty 110k ZR1???

Ive watched top fuels not run as close as that.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Are you mental? You never said jack about the highway until just now. The question wasn't whether or not the GT500 would beat the ZR1 on a road course or otherwise (because it won't beat it in any area) but whether it was closer to the ZR1 or the ZL1 "in performance" as you said. You quoted me when you said that and in that quote I specifically talked about ET's at the drag strip, highway rolls weren't even being discussed. Now who's reaching here? With the numbers on the table you start back peddling. It's all good though, we were just talking about 1 specific area of performance and nothing else the whole time.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Not sure how true this is but I read this elsewhere.

update...apparently it went 9.8@145 Friday night at ATCO.

3.31 gear (factory ratio)
trans first gear 2.66 (factory ratio)
3750lbs+driver (factory weight)
655rwhp (tuned)

I would beat on the gear being at least 3.73's.

Thanks.............DA being about +1100 feet Friday night.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Are you mental? You never said jack about the highway until just now. The question wasn't whether or not the GT500 would beat the ZR1 on a road course or otherwise (because it won't beat it in any area) but whether it was closer to the ZR1 or the ZL1 "in performance" as you said. You quoted me when you said that and in that quote I specifically talked about ET's at the drag strip, highway rolls weren't even being discussed. Now who's reaching here? With the numbers on the table you start back peddling. It's all good though, we were just talking about 1 specific area of performance and nothing else the whole time.

Lmfao

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Same car this thread was started about.

Well damn look like i was right in predicting Evo got a 9 sec pass out of it.

So if this proves right. Its almost as quick as the ZR1 with MORE mods!! And only a couple mph slower.

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
So you think a car that went 10.20's on JUST DR's is only going to pick up 4 tenths with a pulley, CAI, throttle body, long tubes, slicks and skinnies, and Shell URT race gas and a race has tune and that's all it'll be capable of? A car that has been 1.2 seconds slower stock and 1 second slower on DR's is suddenly its equal with bolt ons. Yeah I can see it.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Not sure how true this is but I read this elsewhere.

update...apparently it went 9.8@145 Friday night at ATCO.

3.31 gear (factory ratio)
trans first gear 2.66 (factory ratio)
3750lbs+driver (factory weight)
655rwhp (tuned)

I would beat on the gear being at least 3.73's.

Thanks.............DA being about +1100 feet Friday night.

No way that is possible, a GT500 will not trap 145mph with 655rwhp. It would take 750rwhp++ to pull off those kinda trap speeds.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Considering said car only picked up 6 tenths with all that plus a custom blower cam that could very well have gave it another 70-100rwhp...yes i am. The proof is in the video, a video i didnt post i might add.

Also do a search on C6Z records. You'll find the bolt on record is actually quicker than the head and cam record if im not mistaken. Explain that. Thats the kinda stuff that happens when u compare hero runs...

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Considering said car only picked up 6 tenths with all that plus a custom blower cam that could very well have gave it another 70-100rwhp...yes i am. The proof is in the video, a video i didnt post i might add.
:??:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Also do a search on C6Z records. You'll find the bolt on record is actually quicker than the head and cam record if im not mistaken. Explain that. Thats the kinda stuff that happens when u compare hero runs...

The comparable numbers are jacked because of the small sample size not because the car is limited to that.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
These are motor trends numbers for each car. Tell me, as far as 1/4 mile performance which two cars are the closest.

ZR1
c7f9b879-fdf2-76c7.jpg

GT500
c7f9b879-fe07-744b.jpg

ZL1
c7f9b879-fe1c-cb55.jpg

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

-2000 DA conditions on an insanely well prepped track definitely plays a role.

There's a guy on here who ran 10.30s in his 2007 pullied/bolt-on GT500, stock long block, BFGs, full weight, stock blower, no nitrous. He ran it in freak conditions at ATCO or MIR where all these 'hero' passes are made.

You also have to remember, that 'bolt-on' C6Z record you're referring to has gears, skinnies, suspension, race brakes and a few other goodies. Even though it has the stock heads/cam it has every single bolt-on imaginable as well as a race tune; it makes more power than your average bolt-on C6Z.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
-2000 DA conditions on an insanely well prepped track definitely plays a role.

There's a guy on here who ran 10.30s in his 2007 pullied/bolt-on GT500, stock long block, BFGs, full weight, stock blower, no nitrous. He ran it in freak conditions at ATCO or MIR where all these 'hero' passes are made.

You also have to remember, that 'bolt-on' C6Z record you're referring to has gears, skinnies, suspension, race brakes and a few other goodies. Even though it has the stock heads/cam it has every single bolt-on imaginable as well as a race tune; it makes more power than your average bolt-on C6Z.

Thanks for backing up my point. Its crazy to take hero runs seriously for those very reasons. And bolt ons are bolt ons. Cant take away what he did bc he had "every" bolt on. I give props when ppl set their shit up correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread