True Forged GT500 billet hood vent Group Buy is ON!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
great news! i just received 5 complete sets of these tonight! all are in brushed finish and look incredible. i was planning on taking all five to the powdercoaters tomorrow to be done in black (while doing a bunch of other parts) but if someone wants to grab a set as they currently are call me first thing in the morning 818-357-2531 and ill be able to mail them out TODAY.

+1 - I think the brushed would ultimately look better with silver stripes on the alloy/silver. I put other brushed next to stripes and it was almost dead-on

+1 - what about scratching hood? Would like to buy, but wouldn't want to scratch hood...

i agree, brushed and silver go together like peas and carrots.

unless you have butterfingers during the install you neednt worry about scratching your hood. these are precision fit. they wont be moving around at all.

I'm currently fitting my new 3.6LC under my stock hood, my question is. Do they extend into the engine compartment any deeper than the factory units? I want a set Steve but I have some really tight tolerances...I'll take a set if they are the same! Just like the ones pictured above!

as mentioned, you can always fix that with the grinder lol. the only part that extends lower than stock is the baffle part. you dont have to install that part if you dont want to. and you can install it later if you want to. its held in with some machine screws and is installed last. or, you can grind it down shorter. im sure i can have my builder do this as well if you (or anyone else) doesnt have access to the proper tools to do this.

Steve I'm in on a set too.
I'll figure out what finishes I want and give you a call.
Mark

thanks for calling the other day mark. im sorry i didnt get to call you back. i will try to do so today/tomorrow :beer:

Once again, I'm in Steve. Powdercoated satin black on every piece. I'll call with my cc info when I get home from work.

Nice job. Thanks for doing this.

Tob

good talking to you today Tob. i passed on your compliments to my builder to tell the machinist :beer:

i was chatting with Tob on the phone today. he is a machinist and was telling me that he can see just in the pics, the quality of the machining and design that has gone into these.

steve, i would like my set to be EXACTLY like the prototype, brushed with that mesh and not the caddy mesh and the only part i want coated is the lower piece you said you are going to do anyway.

will there be interchangeable inserts in the future?

no prob sarge! i figured you'd want a black set to match your stripes and wheels :shrug: but whatever you want brother! :beer: oh and i need those stock vents back asap lol. you'll be replacing them soon enough with some brushed billet vents :beer:

ill have 10 more sets in the next few days and many, many more next week. ive already talked to a few retailers/dealers who plan to pick up a few sets so grab them while you can at this low introductory price. show season is right around the corner and the last you'd want to do is call me to get a set and im all out. it happens ALL the time with the 03 cobra hood vents :read::p

call me at 818-357-2531, PM me here or email me at [email protected] today

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
you are right, do the bezels in black to match but leave the screen brushed.

well my big mouth just cost me some cash :bash::lol1:

i KNEW you would reply to this thread right away lol. since its about 2pm there right now right? ive got Kabul and Baghdad as two of the world clock settings on my iphone for you guys over in the sandbox :thumbsup:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Aw shucks, now the wait is killing me! I wanna be the first in all satin black - my camera is jumping out of the bag as it wants to see these works of art as badly as I do!:banana:

Tob

SLGT750

Established Member
Are you still doing the caddy mesh, if so any pics? Also is this mesh aluminum or stainless?

Thanks

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Aw shucks, now the wait is killing me! I wanna be the first in all satin black - my camera is jumping out of the bag as it wants to see these works of art as badly as I do!:banana:

Tob

you will be. i want your thorough machinist review of them like you said you would :beer:

Are you still doing the caddy mesh, if so any pics? Also is this mesh aluminum or stainless?

Thanks

the mesh is aluminum. not sure on the wire weave yet as we're still sourcing it. we will have that available as an option as well.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
yes but you may want to read the first post - you have several options :)

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i dropped off a few sets to be done in satin black. one set in gloss black (not as popular) and im sending in 5 sets today to be done in flat black.

ive got a few brushed sets on hand and am having one set fully polished as we speak. this week i plan to take a bunch of pics to show some variations in finish combos.

also, ive decided that im going to have the flat piece that lays below the mesh screen (that you can see) powdercoated in flat black rather than spray painted. it will come out a little nicer that way. there will be no extra charge for this :beer:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Steve said:
also, ive decided that im going to have the flat piece that lays below the mesh screen (that you can see) powdercoated in flat black rather than spray painted. it will come out a little nicer that way. there will be no extra charge for this

Now that's a truly inspiring business decision. You may have just bumped up your break even point (however slightly) but you'll certainly see more volume (I have a feeling you'll have a few runs of these) because of a quality move like this. As skittish and unstable as the aftermarket wheel manufacturing industry can be, small quality based changes like this, definitely increase interest and thus demand in the products you offer.

Kudos to you Steve, and True Forged, for giving the people what they want.

Thanks again.

Tob

ssp.vortech

Established Member
Steve,

I know you're a busy guy, but I sent you a several PM's with no response. Please contact me regarding the parts I purchased from you.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i have one set of satin black left, one polished set and 5 flat black sets. out of the first run of 15 sets. more sets coming this week.

i will probably extend the GB pricing another week or so till we get some pics from customers with them on their cars :beer:

Steve,

I know you're a busy guy, but I sent you a several PM's with no response. Please contact me regarding the parts I purchased from you.

Thank you.

pm sent tom :beer:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Steve, has anything been shipped out yet? I just want to be on the lookout in case it gets delivered to the elderly farmer next door by mistake...

Tob

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
not yet Tob. hopefully everything will be done from powder coating tomorrow. ill post up pics when i have the parts back. i took a quick pic yesterday showing a brushed screen with the black part, that will now be powdercoated. ill post it up soon.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
here is a sample pic of what a brushed set will look like. as you can see, the inside plate piece is now black. when the hood is closed, everything below the mesh will appear black, just like a stock grill.
IMG_3602Large.jpg

here is the piece that will now be powdercoated flat black. this particular piece was spray painted just so i could get some quick pics of it.
IMG_3603Large.jpg

im actually picking up the first batch of powdercoated sets from the powder coating shop tomorrow. hopefully ill have enough time to snap some pics.

stay tuned....

Users who are viewing this thread