True Forged GT500 billet hood vent Group Buy is ON!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
im also going to extend the Group Buy pricing till the end of June so people can see some various vents actually installed on some cars. :beer:

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
Yeah this big build up with no picture delivery has killed my buzz. :burn: WTF are these?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
picked up the first wave today. i have one set of gloss black (sold), 5 sets of satin black (all sold) and 5 sets of flat black. let me tell you, normally im not a big fan of flat black but i think they actually look a little nicer than the satin black. they have a perfect consistency in the texture. they look JUST like the stock plastic pieces in the finish.

ill snap up some good pics asap. also trying to get them out to the customers so they can start posting pics up :thumbsup:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
picked up the first wave today. i have one set of gloss black (sold), 5 sets of satin black (all sold) and 5 sets of flat black. let me tell you, normally im not a big fan of flat black but i think they actually look a little nicer than the satin black. they have a perfect consistency in the texture. they look JUST like the stock plastic pieces in the finish.

ill snap up some good pics asap. also trying to get them out to the customers so they can start posting pics up :thumbsup:

On the flat black, what happens if I get wax on them? Will it wipe off easily without leaving a residue?

Last edited:

brisk_tea

Established Member
i have no clue lol. can you take a pic and post it up?

originally i was gonna go brushed/black screen for my alloy/silver, but forgot i had these to install...

now, i'm thinking having the frames painted custom with black screen to match would be my best bet... i know brushed/black would still look good, but there would be a difference between the 2, which would drive me nuts...

thanks for your input

101_3309.gif

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
originally i was gonna go brushed/black screen for my alloy/silver, but forgot i had these to install...

now, i'm thinking having the frames painted custom with black screen to match would be my best bet... i know brushed/black would still look good, but there would be a difference between the 2, which would drive me nuts...

thanks for your input

101_3309.gif

that would be very cool man. i can send you a set fully sandblasted and ready for paint :beer:

Steve - any good pics yet?

i wanted to snap some but got stuck wrenching all day :bored: this is my plan for tomorrow. im going to swap in a couple of variations/finish combos and snap some pics. unfortunately, the first polished set isnt finished yet, so those will have to wait a little. and these will be on the hood i have here, not mounted on a car, but should hopefully give a pretty decent idea of what they look like. maybe i should ship each type of finish to Tob to install/shoot pics of :thumbsup::beer:

brisk_tea

Established Member
that would be very cool man. i can send you a set fully sandblasted and ready for paint :beer:
:

yeah, i think that's the route i'll go, paint frame, with black powder coated screen...

now to have frame all silver, or split with stripe... that's the quandry. i'll probably be in a touch in a few weeks after i try some mock-ups to see what i like the look of...

thanks for the input

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Payment sent for all three pieces in satin black w/race mesh.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
There is no outgoing mail from NY.

:lol1:

:lol:

yeah, i think that's the route i'll go, paint frame, with black powder coated screen...

now to have frame all silver, or split with stripe... that's the quandry. i'll probably be in a touch in a few weeks after i try some mock-ups to see what i like the look of...

thanks for the input

no prob. i wouldnt wait weeks if i were you though. just grab a set while you can. we've already sold 50% of the run. with the way these things go, it always ends up taking more time to get another run going and ready to ship out...

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ok. here are some pics i snapped real quick yesterday. unfortunately, the lighting was terrible as the sun kept hiding behind the clouds.

**note** these are NOT installed/bolted down. they are simply laying down on the hood. this is JUST to give you an idea what the various finish combos look like. i didnt have time to bolt and unbolt each time. that would take forever lol. its taking long enough just to get the pics uploaded! and, they are laying over the rubber strips that come on the hood since this is just a borrowed hood.

*i kept switching between ISOs and flash/no flash. instead of taking even longer to sift through them and pick out the best pics, ill just post ALL of them lol. plus, you get to see how they look with various lightning conditions, sort of..

here is an all brushed set
IMG_3656Large.jpg

IMG_3655Large.jpg

IMG_3657Large.jpg

IMG_3658Large.jpg

ill try to get some more pics of the all brushed set from a little further away.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread