Stock GT500 1/4 round 2

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
We took my stock 2011 GT500 back to the track yesterday hoping to move up on the stock Shelby 1/4 list on this forum (previously it ran 11.62 @ 117.99 on stock fronts and 17" et streets on the rear). The da was not very cooperative so we missed our goal by .049 but the car did improve from its first time. The only things not factory on the car are a FRPP resonator delete and swaybar relocation brackets on the rear to allow the use of 15" wheels, it also had the mustangcrazybj driver mod LOL. The wheels and tires used were Dark Stars with 17x4.5 front and 15x10 rears with a 26x11.5 bias ply et street. The car has stock pulleys, stock suspension, stock exhaust, no weight reduction (shaker 1000 sub box in the trunk), and has never been tuned or on a dyno at any time.

51F3A18B-06AD-4A4C-8B11-3907A81D6FDF-3147-00000154A3D4E867_zpse47adde9.jpg

[youtube_browser]8Q-GitVo5oQ[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]PlifrjdXbNs[/youtube_browser]

IMG_3332edit_zps935b832f.jpg

IMG_3349edit_zpsea1a1fd5.jpg

IMG_3352edit_zps040cd40e.jpg

We are hoping for some better da next time and maybe we can get 2nd place!

:beer:

UPDATE:

Well it's been about 8 months but I'm happy to report an update, we finally got our goal and moved into 2nd place on the stock shelby list on this forum with a 11.35 @121. The car is completely stock with the exception of a resonator delete, bigs and littles (used slicks this time rather than bias ply et streets), and the same driver mod as previous passes. Here's a couple pics, video, and a timeslip from the 11.35 pass..

null_zpseba4ab6d.png

IMG_3819_zpsea1f0986.jpg

shelbylaunchtrackrental_zpsf59129bd.jpg

IMG_3922_zpsb4074b6e.jpg

[youtube_browser]DFDw2iV1Tq4[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
That car is so clean and effortless to drive brother, it makes my car feel like junk. Hopefully next time we can get what we want out of it

Next time will be at a different location, just hope we don't have to wait til fall to try lol.

Nice run.

Those darkstars look good on a Sterling gray car.

those dark stars look so perfect with that color, love it!

I like the dark stars alot too, in the pics they almost look like they match the cars paint color.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member

mustangcrazybj

Established Member
The car honestly feels to have an 11.20 pass in it, I have begged him to do some racing fuel and tune but he won't hear of it lol, hopefully we can try another track real soon and maybe we can get that last tenth or two out of it.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
So, you haven't taken it down the track? Isn't that the fun part :shrug:

I have tried the track thing in the past and just never was good at it, for some reason I always get a nervous and anxious feeling and it just made it not fun for me. If my car wasn't so close to moving up on the stock shelby list, it wouldn't be on the track at all. :beer:

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I have tried the track thing in the past and just never was good at it, for some reason I always get a nervous and anxious feeling and it just made it not fun for me. If my car wasn't so close to moving up on the stock shelby list, it wouldn't be on the track at all. :beer:

Fair enough. Just curious. If it makes you feel any better, most of still have nervous energy when racing. Just have to do it enough that you don't think about it and just have fun :rockon:

lxboy

Established Member
Dude, drive your own car. Its nice to know what its capable of but nobody is John Force their 1st couple of times.

Also if your not nervous pulling up to the tree then you probobly are a zombie.

Start by rolling away normal like your leaving a stop light and gradually get a little more aggressive. That nervous fealing will go away the first time you cut a decent 60'.

Haha to me this is like saying "My wife is a real freak in the sack, thanks to my boy for making squeel."

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
Dude, drive your own car. Its nice to know what its capable of but nobody is John Force their 1st couple of times.

Also if your not nervous pulling up to the tree then you probobly are a zombie.

Start by rolling away normal like your leaving a stop light and gradually get a little more aggressive. That nervous fealing will go away the first time you cut a decent 60'.

Haha to me this is like saying "My wife is a real freak in the sack, thanks to my boy for making squeel."

Thanks for your opinion and input, but again I will say it's NOT a track car and if it wasn't for trying to get a certain # the car would not be on the track with me or anyone else driving. I really don't understand why it matters to others who drives it. :shrug:

lxboy

Established Member
no hate here, it doesnt matter whos driving it. Your car, and a nasty one at that so do as you please.

just trying to let you know from experience (staging with back tires, spinning all over the joint, missing shifts, losing to slower cars) that going to the track takes practice so dont worry about being anxious.

Users who are viewing this thread