Stock GT500 1/4 round 2

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
no hate here, it doesnt matter whos driving it. Your car, and a nasty one at that so do as you please.

just trying to let you know from experience (staging with back tires, spinning all over the joint, missing shifts, losing to slower cars) that going to the track takes practice so dont worry about being anxious.

It's cool sir, I just posted this thread because I was very happy with what it ran and hope to get that # we are looking for real soon. I don't care if my car is faster than anyone other than those two cars in front of mine on that stock list, 1st is probably out of reach but 2nd is just a matter of time I hope. LOL

Last edited:

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
If the weather cooperates we are planning on going to a different track next Friday, which typically has much better da than the one we ran at last time. Wish us luck! LoL

Rob Nelson

Established Member
That is REALLY moving out for a pretty much stock Shelby!!! AWESOME!!! Hope you reach your goal. Just shows a good driver and traction are everything.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
That is REALLY moving out for a pretty much stock Shelby!!! AWESOME!!! Hope you reach your goal. Just shows a good driver and traction are everything.

Hopefully there will be a update to this thread with a new et Friday night!

Last edited:

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
Update, went to the track tonight and neither the da or track prep cooperated. Best run was 11.43 with unknown mph, 1/8 speed was 98 mph.

ctgreddy

Established Member
So is 11.35 the new record? Those are some whicked times for a bone stock car with wheels. Almost even hard to believe! Lol

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
So is 11.35 the new record? Those are some whicked times for a bone stock car with wheels. Almost even hard to believe! Lol

11.35 is 2nd place, 1st is 11.11 and outside of taking a long road trip to a track that has some major negative da I don't see us getting close to that. Mine is all stock except for the bigs and littles and a resonator delete, a great driver and decent da go a long way! :beer:

Last edited:

BLK93GT

Established Member
Nice man!!! I was itching to try mine on slicks before the end of the season. 11.68@120 on 19" drag radials with nothing much done. WOT box and shifter due to the 1-2 lockout/grind. Mufflers for sound. I ran 100% stock then after that stuff, no change (except shifter I could hit the 1-2 shift).

Traction...good conditions and driver mod is all that is needed to get these pre 2013 GT500 solidly in the 11's. I think I have fastest time on stock tires. I was tempted to totally demod except shifter and run it again.

Last edited:

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
Nice man!!! I was itching to try mine on slicks before the end of the season. 11.68@120 on 19" drag radials with nothing much done. WOT box and shifter due to the 1-2 lockout/grind. Mufflers for sound. I ran 100% stock then after that stuff, no change (except shifter I could hit the 1-2 shift).

Traction...good conditions and driver mod is all that is needed to get these pre 2013 GT500 solidly in the 11's. I think I have fastest time on stock tires. I was tempted to totally demod except shifter and run it again.

I never intended for mine to ever be on a track but last year at a track rental I threw on a set of 17" bias ply et streets and let a buddy make a pass just to see what it would do. It ran 11.62 and I was sure he could knock a little time off with some bigs and littles and 15" bias ply et streets. It ran 11.40's with those and it needed just a little more to get in the mid 11.30's so I said screw it and purchased slicks and just took the chance on something breaking, thankfully everything held together and we got the et we was looking for. The da was around +800 which is pretty good for the track we was at but is still no where near as good as it could have been. I've got a pulley and x to go on mine and had considered adding those and having it tuned but I'd say I'll just put the x on for the sound and leave it stock untuned for now lol.

BLK93GT

Established Member
I never intended for mine to ever be on a track but last year at a track rental I threw on a set of 17" bias ply et streets and let a buddy make a pass just to see what it would do. It ran 11.62 and I was sure he could knock a little time off with some bigs and littles and 15" bias ply et streets. It ran 11.40's with those and it needed just a little more to get in the mid 11.30's so I said screw it and purchased slicks and just took the chance on something breaking, thankfully everything held together and we got the et we was looking for. The da was around +800 which is pretty good for the track we was at but is still no where near as good as it could have been. I've got a pulley and x to go on mine and had considered adding those and having it tuned but I'd say I'll just put the x on for the sound and leave it stock untuned for now lol.

I had slicks with me last weekend but I have to drive home an hr from Canada back into US and didn't want to chance breaking anything lol. So I borrowed 19" drag radials. I got the Roush axle backs dirt cheap and like the added sound. The xpipe would be a nice little power gain too. I have a ported blower with a 2.39 pulley under the bed with xcal haha. I was just determined to get in 11's as close to stock as I could.

I know Randal has the 11.11 record, he got a killer 60ft and I know it was in cool weather. Your damn close though.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
I had slicks with me last weekend but I have to drive home an hr from Canada back into US and didn't want to chance breaking anything lol. So I borrowed 19" drag radials. I got the Roush axle backs dirt cheap and like the added sound. The xpipe would be a nice little power gain too. I have a ported blower with a 2.39 pulley under the bed with xcal haha. I was just determined to get in 11's as close to stock as I could.

I know Randal has the 11.11 record, he got a killer 60ft and I know it was in cool weather. Your damn close though.

You did good sir, 11.60's with minimal mods on 19's is impressive, I'd say when you swap blowers and get a sticky 15" tire you'll be hitting 10's. That 11.11 is awesome, I'd love to beat it but just don't see it happening lol.

BLK93GT

Established Member
You did good sir, 11.60's with minimal mods on 19's is impressive, I'd say when you swap blowers and get a sticky 15" tire you'll be hitting 10's. That 11.11 is awesome, I'd love to beat it but just don't see it happening lol.

Thanks! You never know. Super good track prep and perfect conditions aka probably negative DA.

I am guessing high 10's easy. I have 27"x10 16" slicks on stock 99 GT wheels but aborted a run because the car was all over. I should try them with 20psi.

Users who are viewing this thread