421482111_l.jpg

jshen

Established Member
Beautiful!

Damn!.....I hope the price is right

mrGT

Established Member
RAZOR Z,

I'm dying to know, where the stripes paint or vinyl?

I'm jealous that you got to go to the show!!

mrGT

Established Member
LR 01,

THANKS.....I was really hoping for paint, but I know that would be out of the question due to cost cutting.

RAZOR Z

Established Member
Milstang said:
Very nice! Was the Shelby on the back actually blue or was that an illusion of the lights?

Either way it looks great!

:burnout:

Yeah, the emblem was finished in a dull silver same for the badge in the center - looks sweet.

mrGT said:
RAZOR Z,

I'm dying to know, where the stripes paint or vinyl?

I'm jealous that you got to go to the show!!

And... The Stripes - hood and sides were PAINTED on, but who knows once it hits production!

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Stripes need to be wider. I would get it without the stripes package, and have them painted on by a good paint shop, then the whole car re-cleared, wet sanded and buffed. But that is just me. :)

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
They will be vinyl. To many man hours will go in to painting them on from the factory. You would most likely pay about 2K more just for the stripes. It would be worth it, but it would slow producion down to much do to union labor laws.

mrGT

Established Member
HISSMAN,

So you think they don't show the "real" production cars at the show then? For some reason, that doesn't sound fair. But I do understand the additional cost that painting might add. Now I wonder what the "Delete stripes" option will take off of the price, or the reverse, how much "With stripes" will add.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
mrGT said:
HISSMAN,

So you think they don't show the "real" production cars at the show then? For some reason, that doesn't sound fair. But I do understand the additional cost that painting might add. Now I wonder what the "Delete stripes" option will take off of the price, or the reverse, how much "With stripes" will add.

Your joking right :) ? They never show what you are going to get at the shows. They are always delicately hand painted and groomed for the best appearance.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Another good option, though I would still get the stripes deleted, is for them to install the stripes pre-clearcoat, then clear over them. They would look a lot better than just bare exposed vinyl.

mrGT

Established Member
HISSMAN,

I guess I am pretty naive about a "Production Car Show", never been to one. If that's what they do, then they are taking McDonald advertising to the next level. (Have you ever got a hamburger at McDonalds that looks like the one in the ad?)

But I am with you, stripes under glass would be awesome.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread