'13/14 Crate engine. Not something you see everyday.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
2 things:

1) I can't believe the crank is only $300 - seems on the low end to me?
2) If you're putting this kind of money into an awesome engine such as this one, why skimp on the connecting rods? Should have spent a few hundred extra and put some quality H-beams in it. Frustrating.

I priced the crank based on the $300 price at FRPP. Through Ford it's actually double that. Not bad for a reasonably stout forged crank.

As for the rods, they will handle 800rwh fairly reliably. That's a LOT more than the motor makes from Ford. So from their standpoint, why would they put anything else in there, when they far exceed the engines intended rating? I personally wish they would have gone with H-beams, but 99% of everyone else simply won't need them.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I would like to see some of the engine build dates on your engines (guys in this forum). More specifically, the '14's. I would like to see how far apart the engine build date is compared with the vehicle build date.

2014 here. It was a PITA getting my phone back behind the driver's side valve cover as there's not much clearance. I tried taking photos at first but that's next to impossible so I used both hands and ran the phone cam in video mode with the light on and basically scanned the back of the valve cover. Don't try this unless you have a good phone case.

Engine date code: 040513 DDMMYY format, May 4th 2013. Vehicle build date is 5/21.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread