2003 DSG Cobra for sale in Texas

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
price is very good and still pretty low miles considering a lot of others i've seen out there

Mighty-d

Speed Matters
Established Member
OOOOHHHH! sweet, I like, I myself a Steeda Fan! Not sure about the sidewinder sticker on it thou...?? Price is very nice.!

question on HP, seems low at 394, that correct, i thought these pushed around 420 stock supercharged?

The bra, Not a fan, but is that hiding anything?

like to see more int, and engine pics.

The Saleen is sweet too! very nice, my favorite body style of the Saleens.

STEEDA SNAKES

Established Member
your located in victoria texas??? Am i Right? Im real close by in CC. But just alittle weary on the miles... great price for the miles...but its alittle more than I want really... i dont know... have to think. I have a DSG GT and when i get a cobra this is the color I want... but hmm

Yes, I am in Victoria.

STEEDA SNAKES

Established Member
OOOOHHHH! sweet, I like, I myself a Steeda Fan! Not sure about the sidewinder sticker on it thou...?? Price is very nice.!

question on HP, seems low at 394, that correct, i thought these pushed around 420 stock supercharged?

The bra, Not a fan, but is that hiding anything?

like to see more int, and engine pics.

The Saleen is sweet too! very nice, my favorite body style of the Saleens.

A fellow Steeda Fan:thumbsup: I have been buying from Steeda for a long time. The only true serialized Steeda I have owned, and still currently have is the '98 Steeda Cobra #015 with 460 rwhp and everything Steeda had to offer in 1998! The other 3 Cobras ('03, '01 and another '98) were equipped with a multitude of Steeda parts.

As far as the horspower on the '03.......it was dyno'd on a Mustang Dyno, which typically produces lower numbers than a DynoJet. The car has a WMS CAI and a Steeda Cat-back, other than that the powertrain is stock. I was told back then that those were pretty good numbers for just those 2 mods to the powertrain. The bra isn't hiding anything. We have the full Ford Motor Company Cobra bra around here somewhere, and it is in great shape. We used it during our fall and spring season of "love bugs"..........if you are from the South......you will know what that means!!!!

Last edited:

grendel

Established Member
i can vouch for the car, never seem them drive any of their cars hard. never seen the car dirty either.

hey when i got my company phone i lost a lot of numbers. send me a pm and we can get together some time.

STEEDA SNAKES

Established Member
i can vouch for the car, never seem them drive any of their cars hard. never seen the car dirty either.

hey when i got my company phone i lost a lot of numbers. send me a pm and we can get together some time.

Hey, whats up? Tammie and I took the '98 Steeda out last night for a quick trip to get something to eat...........was that you that threw a rev our way? It looked like your car. I will drop you a PM a little later.......we have a wedding to shoot today.

STEEDA SNAKES

Established Member
Here are a few more pics taken today.

img_85302.jpg

img_8533.jpg

img_8536.jpg

img_8537.jpg

img_8541.jpg

img_8540.jpg

img_8542.jpg

img_8543.jpg

img_8549.jpg

img_8548.jpg

STEEDA SNAKES

Established Member
A little more info;

1. I am 45 years old, non-smoker and the original owner of the car.
2. The car has never been pullied, chipped or re-tuned.
3. It has never been tracked, abused and only dyno'd once.
4. During the first 2.5 years of ownership, it was driven on a regular basis by my wife.
5. During a six month period in 2006, it was garaged and barely driven at all.
6. It has been my primary driver for about the last three years.
7. It has always been garaged, except for the last 5 months.
8. It will need a brake job soon, the dash light began to illuminate intermittenly a day or so ago.:shrug:
9. The tires are not new, I will try to find the paperwork to determine the actual milage on the tires.
10. There is a slight rattle that appeared about 2 months ago behind the passenger rear seat. I haven't tried to locate the source.
11. The chrome wheels are not perfect and do have some minor pitting.
12. The headlights do have some mild hazing, but still work fine.

I am trying to be completely honest and let everyone know all the issues that I am aware of at this time. This car is not a garage queen like some of my others, it has been driven for a little over 55k miles. All in all, I believe the car is in great shape for it's age and mileage.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
are those just decals on the bottom of the doors? easy to remove? how about the numbers on the front bumper? Is it the emergency brake light coming up on the dash, or abs light?

Also, do you have all the factory trim pieces that you replaced the steeda trim pieces with? how hard is that front plate braket to remove?

STEEDA SNAKES

Established Member
are those just decals on the bottom of the doors? easy to remove? how about the numbers on the front bumper? Is it the emergency brake light coming up on the dash, or abs light?

Also, do you have all the factory trim pieces that you replaced the steeda trim pieces with? how hard is that front plate braket to remove?

The Steeda sidewinder decals have been on the car since it was new. They should come off and after a compound and wax job, I would think it would look fine....no promises! The 6009 is the SVT build number of the car and also a decal.

The light is the same red light that illuminates when the emergency brake is on, not the yellow ABS light. It hasn't come on again in the last couple of days, but the car will need a brake job.......figured if someone bought it, they may want to upgrade to slotted or cross-drilled rotors.

The billet pieces under the hood are covering the stock pieces, they are attached with double-sided 3M tape....can be removed easily enough. If you remove the front plate bracket, there will be a couple of holes and possibly a difference in paint shade, due to age.

Texas law requires a front plate, and the dealer installed it before I could stop them.:shrug:

SVT04

Established Member
The interior on your car is not dark Charcoal. The leather may be that color, but with the light grey inserts they are like any other 03 Cobra seats.

The true dark Charcoal Cobra interiors came in the 04s with dark charcoal leather and dark charcoal Alcantra inserts.

STEEDA SNAKES

Established Member
The interior on your car is not dark Charcoal. The leather may be that color, but with the light grey inserts they are like any other 03 Cobra seats.

The true dark Charcoal Cobra interiors came in the 04s with dark charcoal leather and dark charcoal Alcantra inserts.

:bash: WTF.......the only "TRUE" dark charcoal interiors were only available on the 2004!!!:lol: I guess FMC made a huge error on all of those 2003 window stickers......because that is what mine states........and BTW my 2001 Cobra had a dark charcoal interior........and I guess all of those trim pieces in the interior were not dark charcoal, only those found in the 2004.:lol: As far as the Alcantara inserts (spelled correctly), they first appeared in the '01 models, then the '03 and '04.

I really do not see what point you are trying to make. If you are confused about a statement in a previous post.........the "Dark Charcoal interior" (as it was known in 2003) was the only interior offered on a Dark Shadow Grey Cobra in 2003. This statement implies that the parchment interior was not offered on a DSG Cobra. The Dark Charcoal interior with dark inserts wasn't available until 2004, and since DSG was NOT offered as a exterior color option in 2004.....there will not be any DSG terminators with a Dark/Dark interior.

Again, I really don't see your point or what it has to do with the sale of this car.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread