2011 Mustang 3.7l- 300hp to the Wheels

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
That's great new's. A few 2010 Camaro SS L99's have dynoed in the 290's. I would love to see this V6 beat up on on a stock SS L99.

I would hope it would beat up the 260-powered 90's caprices....

Makes me pretty damn sad to see how obselete mine is today- Lets hope equal power and 500lbs less is enough to keep up!

RedFord96

Established Member
Well, at least 2V's sound way better and the model years they came in look a lot better. Still can't like the sound of a V6 but can't argue with the performance.

Keith Stone

Banned
So these cars put down 260rwhp/240rwtq stock (from the searches Ive done)....and this car makes an additional 33rwhp/36rwtq with just a CAI, axle-back, and a tune? Not even 03-04 Cobras made that much with those mods......

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Why is it so unimaginable that this car could be beat by a 2v? I dont think most of these running around will be making 300whp, the avarage v6 driver wont be modded like that. I see bolt on 2v's beating the 05-09 GT's all the time, done it myself. A bolt on 2v with gears(which is almost every 2v out there) should be able to pull one of these in stock trim no problem, even with a average driver, dont see why thats hard to believe?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Well, at least 2V's sound way better and the model years they came in look a lot better. Still can't like the sound of a V6 but can't argue with the performance.

Nearly every V12 I have ever heard sounds like a six, a high winding six, but a six none the less.
So you could say that the high winding Ford 3.7 V6 sounds like a high winding V12.

For sure all the five cylinders I have heard(Audi/Volvo) sound an awful lot like Viper V10s.

I think it sounds GREAT!
I can only imagine the wail with a CAI, cat back, off road pipe and a PROCHARGER!!! People(and COPS) will be snapping necks and wondering where the hell the Ferrari is that just flew by. And all they will see is the back of a nondescript Mustang... "nope couldn't be that":p;-)

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
I agree, a 2v does sound better... not to mention, im stuck on the new edge look because that is what I grew up with...

But It's awesome that Ford finally caught up with current V6 technology

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
What was the baseline for this car

That's great new's. A few 2010 Camaro SS L99's have dynoed in the 290's. I would love to see this V6 beat up on on a stock SS L99.

Beside not knowing anything about that particular dyno run, something must have been very wrong if a car is losing >25% of it's power, because that's a good 40hp from the norm.

Last edited:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
lol, 2V's beware? there's some N/A 4V's putting down those kind of ponies with similar mods. as it is, these sixers are high 13's from the factory

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
fuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

fuuuuuuuuu Q.Q Time for a 100 shot of nitrous!

ls1eater

Established Member
Your right 03/04's dont make that much with those same mods they make much more.....My old 03 gained almost 60rwhp with intake tune exhaust....
So these cars put down 260rwhp/240rwtq stock (from the searches Ive done)....and this car makes an additional 33rwhp/36rwtq with just a CAI, axle-back, and a tune? Not even 03-04 Cobras made that much with those mods......

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
2v owners beware? Maybe when that thing loses about 800lbs, otherwise it is very impressive and I would rock one in a heartbeat.

Dude, this thing would lay waste to a stock or close to stock 2valve. :lol:

The 2011 V6s are trapping upwards of 102mph, STOCK. If you think they need to lose 800lbs you're mistaken, without the shaker1000/premium packages they're in the low 33xxlb range.

[youtube_browser]CA0WZDc0Bxk[/youtube_browser]

Here is one running low 13s@107mph on 19inch street tires. Intake, exhaust, gear, stock automatic.

[youtube_browser]_psJnkNKpuA[/youtube_browser]

2valves beware? With bolt-ons these new 6s have enough to hang with N/A 4 valves and stock LSX fbodys. :banana: They're rev happy little motors that shine with aggressive gearing.

Last edited:

RedFord96

Established Member
Nearly every V12 I have ever heard sounds like a six, a high winding six, but a six none the less.
So you could say that the high winding Ford 3.7 V6 sounds like a high winding V12.

For sure all the five cylinders I have heard(Audi/Volvo) sound an awful lot like Viper V10s.

I think it sounds GREAT!
I can only imagine the wail with a CAI, cat back, off road pipe and a PROCHARGER!!! People(and COPS) will be snapping necks and wondering where the hell the Ferrari is that just flew by. And all they will see is the back of a nondescript Mustang... "nope couldn't be that":p;-)

I don't think that V6 Mustang sounds like a V12. :dw: But I'm not THAT familiar with the sound of a V12, sooo...

Regardless, IMO I just can't get used to the sound of a V6, only thing I just don't like about the new 2011.

However... this V6 Mustang sounds as good as they get, to me:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RATnnJ5R3A"]YouTube - 1999 V6 Mustang Exhaust Clip[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread