2011 Mustang 3.7l- 300hp to the Wheels

2002c5coupe

Established Member
what kind of blower do you have? im guessing not a kb, vortech, paxton or tork teck, or procharger... :??:

It was actually a paxton novi 1000. The car was an auto with a PI torque convertor, but still it should have made over 300 rwhp. Strictly Cobras, whoops I mean Strictly Performance "tuned" it. Needless to say after spending 5 Gs on parts and tuning and not hitting 300 rwhp I don't think too highly of 2V's.

It also ran a 15.3 stock and mid to low 13s with a blower and torque convertor.

Last edited:

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
It was actually a paxton novi 1000. The car was an auto with a PI torque convertor, but still it should have made over 300 rwhp. Strictly Cobras, whoops I mean Strictly Performance "tuned" it. Needless to say after spending 5 Gs on parts and tuning and not hitting 300 rwhp I don't think too highly of 2V's.

there's something wrong with it then cause i have a novi2000 with a conservative tune and I'm putting down 350rwhp through an auto and no tq converter

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

You're speaking poorly of yourself not 2valves if you're running 15s in a GT. :beer:

2002c5coupe

Established Member
You're speaking poorly of yourself not 2valves if you're running 15s in a GT. :beer:

It was an auto that could barely spin the tires. you just push the gas and go, not much skill involved :shrug:

My corvette went 10.80s, if that counts for anything.
:beer::pop:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
It was an auto that could barely spin the tires. you just push the gas and go, not much skill involved :shrug:

My corvette went 10.80s, if that counts for anything.
:beer::pop:

Cool, Corvettes are awesome broksi.

This is a Ford based forum, I think we all know GTs aren't 15 second cars. Sucks yours was though. :beer:

2002c5coupe

Established Member
Cool, Corvettes are awesome broksi.

This is a Ford based forum, I think we all know GTs aren't 15 second cars. Sucks yours was though. :beer:

Its ok John Force, I'm sure you could have hopped in it and magically ran a 12.0.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Its ok John Force, I'm sure you could have hopped in it and magically ran a 12.0.

Thanks.

Anyways back to your stories about how Mustangs suck and run 15s and your Corvette is soooo awesome. :beer:

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
Really impressive that the v6 is making that kind of power.

I'm also impressed that the dyno place in the video actually has the car strapped down with 4 straps on the back. Most of the time there are only 2.

ZROTOWTF

Established Member

Odd, I had a 2004 Procharged Auto that was at 362/346 (dyno'd at like 92F in So Cal) on the stock pulley setup/boost level....<300 really is very low and uncommon for that setup.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Dude, this thing would lay waste to a stock or close to stock 2valve. :lol:

The 2011 V6s are trapping upwards of 102mph, STOCK.

I'd put my money where my mouth is on this....

With my mods in sig, including the 87 tune numbers, i would spank a stock new v6.

The tuned on in the video, idk. Different power curves.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I'd put my money where my mouth is on this....

With my mods in sig, including the 87 tune numbers, i would spank a stock new v6.

The tuned on in the video, idk. Different power curves.

I didn't mean yours in particular, but if you watched the video I posted that 2011 with bolt-ons is trapping 107mph, with the stock automatic trans, full weight on 19inch street tires.

With bolt-ons these new 6s will mop the floor with a stock or close to stock 2valve.

Different power curves, I agree, but they are geared aggressively and they like to rev. It's only a matter of time before people are cracking 12s with them. :uh oh:

AMChrisRose

Our new 2011 auto V6 with just a CAI/93 tune takes my 07 GT by half a car length. It takes our 2004 manual GT by a school bus. Honestly, these V6s are no joke.

Users who are viewing this thread