2013 Numbers

dmaxwellh

Established Member
I see the appeal. Only two SGM/Blue striped convertibles were produced for 2013. I think it would be neat if there is only one other car with the same color combination and body style I have and would be even happier if mine was the only one. :thumbsup:

I have the other one here in NY! Ordered April 17 and delivered on July 7th

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Honestly, knowing now how cool the glass roof looks, I probably would have sprung for it.

Then again, a base car with Recaros was about 26,000 more than I wanted to spend :)

Marc

Established Member
I like the glass roof. But, the reason I didn't get it, I just didn't like how the stripes flowed over the front of the car, the hood, then nothing over the top of the car (which I know isn't possible) and then back down the back of the car. That's just a personal opinion.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Don't notice that quite as much on stripe delete cars, which is why it would've made a nice addition to my purchase.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
The glass roof only seems more popular among these Mustang forums probably due to all of us who already have the option telling the new folks to be sure and get it, because we love our glass roofs so much! That is exactly why I went from not even considering it to checking it off at the last minute. But not counting all of the Mustang formums, it's not a popular option. And cost is probably the biggest factor as to why it is not more popular.

I think most people probably walked into a dealership and bought what they had as opposed to ordering it like so many of us did on here. I never saw a single dealership ordered car that had a glass roof. I never saw a dealer ordered car that was a base model either, come to think of it.

I like that the glass roof is so rare, even more so because I consider it a more legit difference than some of the other criteria. For example, I'd rather say I'm 1 of 47 SGM's with a glass roof than say I'm 1 of 12 SGM's that came with a car cover or whatever.

USV8PWR

Established Member
I think most people probably walked into a dealership and bought what they had as opposed to ordering it like so many of us did on here. I never saw a single dealership ordered car that had a glass roof. I never saw a dealer ordered car that was a base model either, come to think of it.

I like that the glass roof is so rare, even more so because I consider it a more legit difference than some of the other criteria. For example, I'd rather say I'm 1 of 47 SGM's with a glass roof than say I'm 1 of 12 SGM's that came with a car cover or whatever.

I agree, same here! I've been saying to my friends I'm 1 of 78 in DIB with glass roof vs. 1 of 10 with all the options.

And you are right about the dealer orders...I only saw a couple on Ebay/Autotrader with the glass roof option. Cheers to us! :beer:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
My brain hurts trying to read that sheet

I think my base DIB was 1 of 41- but cant figure out about the nav with recaros

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member

Yeah, I can't break mine down any lower than 1 of 47 from that sheet. In my color, 71 had glass roofs and 47 had a base package, but how many base package WITH 1 of those 71 glass roofs I'll never know. I'm sure it would cut down the number significantly. Too bad we can't find that out.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member

click and hold on the sheet to make the blue box appear. then drag down. it will make a straight line atleast

Lawrenzo

Established Member
Code# 85 4 shows "Race red with black accent stripes. From what I see it appears to be just black stripes in general. Am I correct in my thinking? Is this simply a typo?

VaporDude

Established Member
Mine is number 1084 of 4077 coupes and is number 44 if 165 Ingot Silver Metallic. There were 65 with Recaro seats and black stripe and 23 with the glass roof. This isn't the rarest car but not that far from it either.

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
I mentioned production numbers in my post, yes. But my question was in reference to Production Number (not plural), as in:

you have #45 of xxxx Coupes Built.

That's what I'd like to know, which is also why I wanted to know if preproduction cars got numbered.

Hopefully that clears up any corn-fusion.

Last question, were preproduction numbers ordered consecutively so that we could for certain say where consumer production numbers started?

Are you ordering the certificate? I remember you had pretty much the first delivered '13 on the planet. If there were 92 pre-production '13's, mine was the 29th customer car. Wondering what yours is.

5.0 guy

Established Member
My certificate says #545 out of 808 convertibles, thought there was 848 convertibles so I guess the pre production cars were not counted in total production numbers?

Users who are viewing this thread