2014 mustang concept

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
It looks really nice.

I would make the front one solid color though.

I like the side exhaust and rear diffuser, but i think the diffuser has 2 to many fins.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Did some cheapo editing but i think it looks sweet in grey and a hue similar to gb,
2014mustang1-1.jpg

2014mustang1-1-1.jpg

and the original just for reference

2014mustang1.jpg

BoneStock02

Regular Unleaded Member
Established Member
That thing is ugly. I'd rather see a concept mustang that actually looks like a muscle car. I think they are trying way too hard to make it look like an exotic sports car.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
The Camaro influence is obvious, but I think an Audi was in on the love triangle. The front fascia has the Camaro turned up "grin'...but at least not the "Joker-like" sharp corners. Now add the Audi chin grill thingie. Rear quarter has a raised line and the rear-end is pinched. The design is crisp with really nice flow...like someone sanded down a Camaro. Frankly, I like it a lot. I actually like the Camaro shape, but the Chevy needs some work to look more like some of the great looking concepts floating around before its launch.

IMHO, the Mustang has always needed to look lower and wider...with hips, flares and wider meats all around. While certainly derivative, this design delivers. Being so retro though, it probably isn't the 2014.

Last edited:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I love it, but I don't see anything retro about it.

The current Shelby GT500 is considered a retro design. Now take your thumbs and press down on the middle of the front hood/fascia and the rear-end and... Voila...the flattened, upturned "retro" design in the photos above. I do see your point...this is major improvement over the '05 GT look.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Although I like this design, especially the rear, I just read a story today that said the next Mustang is going to be a global car. Ford asked its design studios in Australia, Europe and other places to submit its designs for the next Mustang so I doubt this is one of those designs. It said the car is going to be much smaller than the current one.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
It looks like it's smiling too much

I'd rather it look pissed off than happy lol

Users who are viewing this thread