300C SRT8 vs Camaro Z28

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
From the look of your 1/8 mile time, he should beat you (yes i know they were stock gears but gears wont give you a sec). You will give him a good run but he will beat you. But are you talking about the SRT-8 300C or the regular 300C?

It's the SRT8. Hopefully he can't drive it and either bogs or spins.

Deuuuce

Established Member
You guys seem to know a bit about the 300Cs. So how would a geared 97 Cobra compare? 4.30s and otherwise basically stock (O/R X and K&N, shifter, ect). Reason I ask is because my cousin's friend has one and wants to run at the track (1/8 mile).

I don't know what the '97 Cobra in question will run. Will he have DRs or slicks? What trap speed is expected?

Very wrong my friend. From a dig the Jeep will rape all SRT8 models.

Only in the 1/8th if the SRT-8 has a 1.9 60ft. After that, the Jeep will get passed. A 2.0 60ft could come down to the reaction time and if the LX SRT-8 has a 2.1 or higher 60ft, he's dead.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynn
You guys seem to know a bit about the 300Cs. So how would a geared 97 Cobra compare? 4.30s and otherwise basically stock (O/R X and K&N, shifter, ect). Reason I ask is because my cousin's friend has one and wants to run at the track (1/8 mile).

I don't know what the '97 Cobra in question will run. Will he have DRs or slicks? What trap speed is expected?

He'll be stock tires. I'll be on 275 555R's. I really don't care either way but obviously I'd like to beat him

hawaiifiveoh

Banned
Lol, I already talked to you man, but this was my girlfriends aunt. It's actually her husbands car, and her first time racing. I read this a while back, cause I normally just lurk through here, but then I heard my girlfriend's mom talking about her sister racing some guy in a white camaro, and I instantly texted him to see if this was it.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Thanks for the post! Yeah Deuuuce was spot on (even if he comes off as abrasive to some :) )... I keep looking to see if I can bump into the car again. It was a good time regardless of outcome. :beer:

BTW how is the project going? Still having issues?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread