5.4 - 4 valve with BDS 8-71 blower Pro-Street Mustang!!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Actually it's funny you mention that.
We had Brembo big brakes on it to start with.
Who would have thought that a Carrol Shelby wheel would not clear the Shelby GT500 brake kit?
But the spokes won't allow it (not offest enough).
It's a shame too! We even tried a wheel spacer but not enough room!

Here's a pic when it was originally installed.

X005-7.jpg
oh man, talk about a tough break(brake *har har har*). like you said, a real shame. you guys gotta get something in there though, like some 14" rotors from baer and fab up a bracket for the stock caliper or something.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Been waiting to see someone do this, since the mopar guys did it over a year ago. I have owned a blown pro street car before and it is sure not something I would want to do to my gt500. Cool yes and no, I would rather keep it under the hood nowadays.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
oh man, talk about a tough break(brake *har har har*). like you said, a real shame. you guys gotta get something in there though, like some 14" rotors from baer and fab up a bracket for the stock caliper or something.

Yeah that's true. We ended up putting Aerospace brakes on it. They look and stop great.....but it's all we could get done in the last few days before the Mustang Week show!
Here's a better pic with them installed now -

X015-7.jpg

I'm pretty sure its a custom color they made for this car.

Melvin mixed the color himself using some Dupont Hot Hues and something else. I think it turned out great! Looks like a factory color but has a lot of "pop" in the sunlight!

Been waiting to see someone do this, since the mopar guys did it over a year ago. I have owned a blown pro street car before and it is sure not something I would want to do to my gt500. Cool yes and no, I would rather keep it under the hood nowadays.

Yeah it would be hard to do this to a true GT500. Thankfully this car was a 2007 GT that burned. Melvin took it and fixed it up to what it is today.
Here's a few pictures of the car when we first got it. It's changed ALOT since then wouldn't you agree? :beer:

MelsProStreetStang2.jpg

MelsProStreetStang.jpg

MelsProStreetStang1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread