Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Cheers!!

0014-1.jpg

R

aussie tex

Established Member
^^^^^^^^^ Hahahahahaha ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ very good!

The Superoo monica was meant for the original Falcon GT's - the original Aussie muscle cars, XW, XY etc.... In their day, they were the fastest 4 door cars in the world! Thumping great 5.8lt Clevos pumping over 350 horses, through a 3 speed auto although most were spec'd with the 4 speed top loaders, the nine inch diff and 14 inch cross ply tyres. 140mph was achievable, and in cars fitted with the factory optioned taller gears, even more top speed was there if you were game! Built for a population of around 10 million in a country with vast lengths of highway that were unpoliced. It wasn't unusual to drive for a day without seeing anyone else! true.

Then there was the supercar scare which ended it all..... until the last 15 years or so, when Ford / Tickford / Ford Performance vehicles decided to have another go at performance orientated full sized sedans.

Ford Australia now produces the FPV GT, and the FPV F6, both 12 second cars in stock form. The current GT is a blown Coyote, blower by Harrop Australia, and it makes over 400hp at the bags in stock form.

Now-a-days the population is 20 mill, and the roads are crawling with speed detecting police, infested by speed cameras to turn an otherwsie good day into a dud.

Quite ironic really, we've now got cars that handle and stop, but no roads to use them on.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
^^^^^^^^^ Hahahahahaha ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ very good!

The Superoo monica was meant for the original Falcon GT's - the original Aussie muscle cars, XW, XY etc.... In their day, they were the fastest 4 door cars in the world! Thumping great 5.8lt Clevos pumping over 350 horses, through a 3 speed auto although most were spec'd with the 4 speed top loaders, the nine inch diff and 14 inch cross ply tyres. 140mph was achievable, and in cars fitted with the factory optioned taller gears, even more top speed was there if you were game! Built for a population of around 10 million in a country with vast lengths of highway that were unpoliced. It wasn't unusual to drive for a day without seeing anyone else! true.

Then there was the supercar scare which ended it all..... until the last 15 years or so, when Ford / Tickford / Ford Performance vehicles decided to have another go at performance orientated full sized sedans.

Ford Australia now produces the FPV GT, and the FPV F6, both 12 second cars in stock form. The current GT is a blown Coyote, blower by Harrop Australia, and it makes over 400hp at the bags in stock form.

Now-a-days the population is 20 mill, and the roads are crawling with speed detecting police, infested by speed cameras to turn an otherwsie good day into a dud.

Quite ironic really, we've now got cars that handle and stop, but no roads to use them on.

A friend of mine here in the states was interested in the XA's and XB's <<(I think), a few years ago, that is when I got that T-shirt. Everytime I see Aussie performance mentioned, it reminds me of that shirt..............:thumbsup:

R

aussie tex

Established Member
First time to the drags with the blown engine, lot of practice needed to get launch technique to where it should be....

pretty happy for a first attempt with a manual 600+rwhp car, 4200lbs, she aint no light weight.

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

aussie tex

Established Member
The gt is at camp blue power for a months holiday.

Big fuel system, around 6 or 7 pound more boost, bring street tune up to 16/17 psi. Fingers crossed for 700....

Maybe even a touch more if she likes it :)

Last edited:

aussie tex

Established Member
Car will be back in on home turf in 2 weeks. Right now it's in Victoria which is 450km drive, plus 160km on a ferry from where I'm from......

I live in Tasmania which is an Island state off the Australian mainland, southern most part of Australia.

And I come from the southern part of Tassie - so home is a long way south! Next piece if 'land' is Antartica.

Winter temps range between around 0 deg C and 9 or 10C, summer time high teens to mid 20C. Not unusual in Winter for ice / snow, and in Summer, lots of bush fires and 30C.. quite a big variance.

I will run the car down the 1/4 mile again in the next few months.

Fuel system is nearly complete, surge tank has ended up 15lt in capacity, fed by the stock intank pump, twin 044's drawing from that. Provision has been made for two more 044's should the need arise (E85), braided lines, black areoflow fittings, twin billet filters..... :)The blower is back from the blower man and has been given a thorough checkover, tuning to be carried out with the new pulley set up should start in around a weeks time.

BigDan

Established Member
I love KB's but with all the nice looking 5.4L NA intake's you had in stock, I would of been looking at a centrifugal supercharger. But what do I know.

That's has to be the baddest ass 4 door Ford on the planet. Good job :beer:

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Thats a very nice car. Those Falcons can put it down for sure. Not setup you have. Have to agree with Big Dan though, that N/A setup you had looked very good. A Procharger would have fit the bill as well methinks.

Users who are viewing this thread