Another Happy Aussie supercharged 5.4 >>

aussie tex

Established Member
Fuel system coming together, here's the surge tank set up prior to install in the spare wheel well of the car. The spare wheel fits over the top of the tank and pumps, added prtection in the event of a rear end shunt.

A couple of o44's under the tank, the wheel sits on the upper ring. Base plate and upper ring out of 8mm plate alloy.

It's now powder coated in textured black finish.

Everything will fit snug under the rear carpet.

Upholstered 5mm plate 'fire wall' will be fitted behind the back seats.

tophat.jpg

aussie tex

Established Member
I love KB's but with all the nice looking NA intake's you had in stock, I would of been looking at a centrifugal supercharger. B ut what do I know.

That's has to be the baddest ass 4 door Ford on the planet. Good job :beer:

Hey thanks mate.

The vortecs don't really float my boat, and the Pro Charger set ups aren't used very much down here, so I went with a proven home turf package. And I really wanted the instant hit only the twin screw can provide. I had been in KB Falcons before, and knew how well they made 4300+ pound move.

The n/a intakes are tucked away for a rainy day ;-)

Thats a very nice car. Those Falcons can put it down for sure. Not setup you have. Have to agree with Big Dan though, that N/A setup you had looked very good. A Procharger would have fit the bill as well methinks.

The biggest trouble is their lard, they are very heavy (Falcons I mean hahahaah, not my arse)

But for top speed stuff, doesn't really matter I guess.

Sweet ass car. Congrats and best of luck with it!

Cheers mate, it makes the daily grind more barable, and each trip is more fun that's for sure.

It goes hard for a daily.

Last edited:

aussie tex

Established Member
Little update, ran the car at the strip 2 weeks ago, full street trim, 11.4 @ 126 with 1.8 60ft.

Went 'round for another run and BANG! Broke an axel which ended the day for me having only got in one pass!

Low 11 here I come.

Users who are viewing this thread