Article Archive for 99-01 cobras!

whitehorsegt

"Tampa Stock"
Established Member
its true...when i bought my 01...everyone was like "is that the sc'ed one??"...i say "no" and there like "ohhhhhhhhhhh man"....lol ****ers!

COBRABRAD

Established Member
MM&FF September, 2001 issue - Review of the bone stock 2001 Cobra. 276.6 HP 291.0 TQ STD Dynojet dyno. 13.343 @ 104.23 "90 Degree temps, high humidity and a low barometer".

blacksnake305

Established Member
COBRABRAD said:
MM&FF September, 2001 issue - Review of the bone stock 2001 Cobra. 276.6 HP 291.0 TQ STD Dynojet dyno. 13.343 @ 104.23 "90 Degree temps, high humidity and a low barometer".

so post up the article.

Anyone ready to provide links or scans yet???? :pop:

ConsSVTCobra

ThE iNSaNE iRiSHMaN
Established Member
Dingleweed said:

Aaaaarrrgghhh.....I WAS just going to POST that SAME Edmonds 1999 SVT page. Anyways at least us '99'ers got it that's the point. Although this car did have a couple a "fix's" it was FORD that LOST money. And you gotta LOVE that IRS!

When I bought my car I already knew the color AND year that I wanted, the ONLY problem was finding one. And when I did I could NOT have been happier. And I also have NO doubt that these '99's WILL DO NOTHING but go UP in value.

In the past two years they alreay have by AT LEAST a couple of grand. I WILL NEVER sell this car. But yet I still get ppl asking me why did you get a '99. And AFTER they stop crying from thier bloody face I say, "Because in ten years you would of WISHED you did the same".

Sorry for all the CAPS but I am (As you can tell) VERY passionate about my Car/Ride/Baby/Bitch Getter! :thumbsup:

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
Update- I haven't forgotten about this thread. I'm still waiting on all the mags. The box weighs about 70 pounds so I'll have a LOT of articles.

Maybe next week....

SVTDoug

If its advice on modifications that you are looking for, expecially suspension for road coarse, on the 99 - 01, you might check out my website and car description at http://home.centurytel.net/mundaymotorsports.
I just installed the FR500 exhaust system and have been really surprised at the power gain - real seat-of-the-pants improvement. The article in MM&FF on the FR500 exhaust is at http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/0201mmff_500exhaust/
My 99 SVT is mainly a track car and I can tell you from driving my own and a number of 03-04's (at the risk of starting a heated debate) I will take the 99-01 any day. They handle a lot better, turn in better, and are more fun to drive. Yeah, a 03-04 can pull me on the straight, but if I hang back a bit on the turn before the straight, I can get a jump out of the last corner and they can't get away. Once past, they can't keep up in the turns.
Glad you started the sticky.

Doug

ConsSVTCobra

ThE iNSaNE iRiSHMaN
Established Member
99riocobra said:

It's just that almost every article I read says that the '99 (Had it's prob's - blah, blah) And says that the "True" mustang with the 320HP is the 2001.

I really don't know, that's why I asked. I thought that '99's were sweet BEFEORE I bought it.

:rockon:

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
ConsSVTCobra said:
It's just that almost every article I read says that the '99 (Had it's prob's - blah, blah) And says that the "True" mustang with the 320HP is the 2001.

I really don't know, that's why I asked. I thought that '99's were sweet BEFEORE I bought it.

When the fix was employed, some made over the advertised power rating. The only thing that sets 99 from 01 in my mind is the seats. 99 Cobras are not a lesser car compared to the 01.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
ConsSVTCobra said:

i hear ya on the 2001 thing. at least after the fix 99 still actually does make the 320 crank horsepower like the 2001.

brucesvt

Established Member
Sorry to high-jack the thread. But I am in the market for another cobra and I want a 99/01 which is a better buy?? Considering that I am looking for a car with around 400rwhp.

ConsSVTCobra

ThE iNSaNE iRiSHMaN
Established Member
brucesvt said:
Sorry to high-jack the thread. But I am in the market for another cobra and I want a 99/01 which is a better buy?? Considering that I am looking for a car with around 400rwhp.

You are on the WAY wrong forum. But who am I. Get a '99 modded out!

P.S. DO YOUR RESEARCH, FIRST!!!! : beer :

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
I just installed the FR500 exhaust system and have been really surprised at the power gain - real seat-of-the-pants improvement. The article in MM&FF on the FR500 exhaust is at http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/0201mmff_500exhaust/

Doug

I just read this and I'm still shaking my head...13 hp and 15 lb-ft? From a cat back system? What H pipe and headers would you add for the most HP/lb-ft gains to go with this?

SVTDoug

I just read this and I'm still shaking my head...13 hp and 15 lb-ft? From a cat back system? What H pipe and headers would you add for the most HP/lb-ft gains to go with this?

I have a Dr.Gas X pipe (no cats) and stock exhaust manifolds. If I pull the engine, I would add at least shorty headers. Two weeks ago I ran at Pacific Raceway and bested my previous best lap time by 1.5 seconds. Only change was the FR500 exhaust. Go figure.

Doug

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
Okay- I started receiving all the old 5.0 mags from that guy. Time permitting, I'll start scanning the applicable articles and host them up.

Perhaps the originator of the thread can edit his post and list the links as they come...?

blacksnake305

Established Member
lasercobra said:
Okay- I started receiving all the old 5.0 mags from that guy. Time permitting, I'll start scanning the applicable articles and host them up.

Perhaps the originator of the thread can edit his post and list the links as they come...?

I can and will soon (i'd like to see a few more links though)...

Users who are viewing this thread