Article Archive for 99-01 cobras!

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
Okay- I'll remind everyone that I'm NOT a web developer and I have a 9 week old baby so this is as good as the layout gets for now. I plan to have a 'Tech' section and a '99/01 feature car' section. I want to run the existing format by the group and see what kind of feedback I get before continuing.

http://www.memphissushi.com/magazines/

This is my own domain (aka my personal website) so be nice. I'm trying to help the group out.

blacksnake305

Established Member
by the way. Who has videos of new edge cobras being tested by the likes of MT, C&D, automobile Mag, etc. It would be great to post up some road / performance video tests... :D

bbosncali

Established Member
lasercobra said:
When the fix was employed, some made over the advertised power rating. The only thing that sets 99 from 01 in my mind is the seats. 99 Cobras are not a lesser car compared to the 01.

i just purchased my 99 like a month ago and did the same research all of you probably did but how do i know if my car was fixed? i have made some mods since getting it. 60mm accufab throttle body c&l cold air intake k&n filter march under drive pullies diablo programmer and 4:10 gears. it still doesn't quite feel like it's reaching it's full potential. i just bought a upr x-pipe no cats and it is getting installed next week along with a pair of 40 series flow's do you guys think this will help. i hear the exhaust is a real bottle neck

SVTDoug

i just purchased my 99 like a month ago and did the same research all of you probably did but how do i know if my car was fixed?

When the Ford dealers did the fix to my 99, they afixed a Ford Authorized Modification sticker to the black plastic cover over the radiator. The sticker says: "PCM Reprogrammed, PN#YR3E-12A650-5A". At the bottom of the sticker is also has: "Change Authorization: 99B27". The other way to find out is to take the car in to a Ford dealer - they can run the history and tell you if it has been done.

Your modes sound about like mine - Kennie Bell CAI, Predator Tune, Dr Gas X-pipe and FR500 exhaust (see my post earlier on the exhaust and the improvement it made). I just had mine dynoed a couple of weeks ago on a Mustang dyno - 294 hp and 286 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels. That figures out to 340 - 350hp at the crank - so its doing ok.

Have fun with your new SVT. I sure am with mine.

Doug

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
fordracerguy said:
It's going to happen to us 03-04 owners too. It already is with this GT500!!! I feel your pain. :(
there will always be somebody bigger n faster i dont care what year,model you buy...sad but true!:rollseyes

svtar15

Drive fast,Shoot Straight
Established Member
There hasn't been much press for guys like us since the Terminators came out. Oh well... I love my Cobra. If you ain't down with that, I've got two words for ya...

blacksnake305

Established Member
svtar15 said:
There hasn't been much press for guys like us since the Terminators came out. Oh well... I love my Cobra. If you ain't down with that, I've got two words for ya...

agreed, so lets continue to dig up any valuable docos/write ups. Before we know it, our rides will be 10 years old. I plan on keeping mine, so I'd like to be able to read all about our cars/mods from when they were fairly new...

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
No S/C? Tell them neither was the 2000 Cobra R....or the previous R cars which we do have more hp than. Now if we can just find those extra 65 N/A hp somewhere.

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
some kid in my class told me that my 01 was not a real cobra because it isn't supercjarged but I didn't really care because he is one of those VW fanatics

Solo500

Established Member
Yah, usually sn197 owners. It's crazy to see that even a lot of Mustang owners know nothing about their history.

some kid in my class told me that my 01 was not a real cobra because it isn't supercjarged but I didn't really care because he is one of those VW fanatics

Users who are viewing this thread