B Upper to C lower Adapter Finally

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Ok here is a pic of what the lines will look like. I have to drill/tap some holes and do some final grinding/shaping.

IMG_0304.jpg

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
once I'm done grinding ill post some pics. The water jet guy has my prototype. You cant fit the plate until its been ground because of the runners on the c lower

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Wow looks good, im assuming hood clearance issues with a factory hood?

No it will fit. However, my heat blanket under the hood scratches my intake at a stock height. I want to take it off and paint underneath.... anyone done this or could tell me how/if heat would screw with hood paint? I just adjusted my hood bumpers height at the radiator support as well... haven't been able to tell if it would still scratch it.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
I do not have a heat liner under my hood and never had a problem.
Awesome!, Im going to be working on here for a little bit tonight and would like to install everything, but it took forever to paint that intake so i dont want it to get jacked up
Lookin good

Thanks man, I really appreciate you putting up with me annoying you all the time!:beer:

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Ok Guys, It is officially installed on my car. One thing I have noticed....its crooked lol. The top plate is not off by much, a few degrees, but its not square. I will have the water left guy account for that. We lined up the gaskets, but one of the two must not be perfectly square. Its not off by enough for me to change mine.... but here are some pics. I am ready to accept the deposits for those of you that pm'd me. I will be contacting you through pm.

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

Helomech74

Established Member
Looks good, but the crookedness would drive me up a wall. If the waterjet guy can make the adjustment to bring it straight that would be great. Other then that, it looks good.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Yea the crookedness gets me too... I'm putting the adjustments in, just don't fell like taking mine off again. So the rest will be straight.

00_silvergt

Established Member
The b upper intake looks slightly slanted with the adapter. Because that's how the c head intake is. I was looking at it earlier.
2012-07-29184907.jpg

goat-ee

Established Member
I have been away for awhile (motorcycle bug), but THIS is NICE to see FINALLY happening!!! And I happen to be looking at buying a car this would be perfect for!!

Users who are viewing this thread