B Upper to C lower Adapter Finally

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
The b upper intake looks slightly slanted with the adapter. Because that's how the c head intake is. I was looking at it earlier.
2012-07-29184907.jpg

Yea the crookedness gets me too... I'm putting the adjustments in, just don't feel like taking mine off again. So the rest will be straight.

The C upper is straight, when I made the prototype for the adapter I found the gasket centerlines and started with those points when mapping it out...the B upper was aligned correctly.

It's a simple fix.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Don’t get me wrong, I love seeing people do stuff like this to push the hobby along. It is definitely cool and totally wild to see a C-head car look like a B-head car, but I can’t help but find this to be a ton of work to avoid switching an EGR tube and a throttle cable / bracket. And I have significant curiosities about how this doesn’t create a lot of turbulence and influence power.

I don’t know… just to me, when people are making 900-1000 at the tires on a “normal” C-head intake I don’t see much of the point of this aside from cosmetics.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Delete the EGR.

This is purely a cosmetic mod but it also does away with the need tp purchase a C head upper, TB, and throttle and crusie cables. As for turbulence, there will be none and the B upper will add some plenum volume and some believe that will add power (not me).

00_silvergt

Established Member
As for turbulence, there will be none and the B upper will add some plenum volume and some believe that will add power (not me).
thanks for clarifying on the turbulence Todd. I've been wondering that since the adapter plate was made.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
thanks for clarifying on the turbulence Todd. I've been wondering that since the adapter plate was made.

If anything the B upper will increase flow as it will provide more clearance around the feed hole entrances. The adapter may encroach on one or two of the feed holes but not enough to hurt flow.

The velocity of the air passing thru the 6 feed holes is much less than when it travels thru the throttle body;the slower the velocit the lower the turbulence.

toby1234

Established Member
I prefer the look of the B intake lid over the C intake lid. The C lid looks like a comb over on an engine, not to mention the cobra is side ways. I am definitely interested in this. Purely for cosmetics, as i have a 2001 cobra engine.

Last edited:

ZeroDCX

Established Member
I prefer the look of the B intake lid over the C intake lid. The C lid looks like a comb over on an engine, not to mentions the cobra is side ways. I am definitely interested in this. Purely for cosmetics, as i have a 2001 cobra engine.

:lol: Holy Crap that's hilarious!!! :lol:

00_silvergt

Established Member
How many people have paid or put deposits? Im curious to how many people are going to do this. Mine would be a winter project.

00_silvergt

Established Member
I just rode my bike 4 hours to grab an iTSX tuner off na svt, they are writing me a tune so I can start my car (PATS) and then I can dyno it.:banana:

I live 5 hours away from shelby. Hopefully Todd lives closer. Might be cheaper to go drop off the heads and intake than to ship them lol

Users who are viewing this thread