Beware of Vendicated Tuning In MODESTO,CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

blwnmstc

Established Member
I recommended a friend to him a whileback all he did was take out the motor and charged him for a built motor, ported heads, cams and a turbo for a lightning. Till now he has not heard anything from billy and he he doesn't hearfrom him, he is just gonna report it stolen like chuxsvt. Hopefully he gets caught soon cuz he' s gotten away with way too much crap. CHUXSVT im gonna drive by his parents house to seen if my friends truck is not outside his parents house and ill let up know if I seen urs.

flS/R

Established Member
if anybody gets his socal info, I can check it out

08sprsnke

Yep That's a Woman's Ride
Established Member
Wow..... This is just unbelievable you guys. I've been hearing things about this guy now for the last year or so and it just doesn't stop. About 6mos ago someone sent me a link about his business practices when his business was called something else. I could have sworn it was from this site, he was banned.
I truly hope justice will be served. This has gone from stealing parts to now stealing trucks, that is some pretty serious charges he faces.
Hope he gets what he deserves.....

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
He also likes to piss into cylinder heads before him ships them back to his customers

Quik Z06

Established Member
No luck. I just reported it stolen.

:eek: Wow, freakin crazy, and I know you've been a good customer of his for a long time.

Wow..... This is just unbelievable you guys. I've been hearing things about this guy now for the last year or so and it just doesn't stop. About 6mos ago someone sent me a link about his business practices when his business was called something else. I could have sworn it was from this site, he was banned.
I truly hope justice will be served. This has gone from stealing parts to now stealing trucks, that is some pretty serious charges he faces.
Hope he gets what he deserves.....

It used to be called MSX (Modular Speedworx) He screwed a bunch of people then with that business, and blamed it on everyone else that was there with him. He never accepts the blame because it's just easier to pass it on. However this sounds WAY worse than MSX, with thousands of dollars missing as well as parts, not to mention vehicles...I don't think he can hide for that long, this is going to catch up to him.

BOSS324

Established Member
You me and a whole lot of people

just chiming in as another person scammed by Billy. I wouldn't have gone to him if someone hadn't referred me to this thief. I really wish that guy had actually had his work done by Billy before he gave me the recommendation. It turns out that Billy did a crappy job on his motor and stuck him for the bill. By the time I found out I was out $5600 for a Saleen VI.5 Supercharger he was supposed to order for me but never arrived.

Still, I'm one of the lucky ones. At least this man never placed his hands on my car. Right now I'm dealing with my credit card company. If that doesn't pan out I'm looking at going to small claims court, for what it's worth.

The long version of my story also demonstrates that Billy is probably a serious clinical sociopath. I'll give more details later when I'm done from work.

Here's his home address (at least the one he gave me last year) if anyone needs to serve him court documents:

3323 Summerdale Ave.
Turlock, CA 95380

I will be the first to admit I regret recommending his shop to you and alot of other folks.

Vendicated Tuning (Billy) was a site vendor for a local car club I belong to and many members that had work done there were pretty happy for the most part. I first met Billy at one of our club dyno days in 09 and he busted his ass putting 27 car IIRC on the dyno...he is a likable fella and over a period of time trust develops especially being a site vendor.

If you notice a trend here its when he is asked to build a custom motor is when he looses his mind. He did small jobs for me (diagnose my Marauder/exhaust work/daughter's Cougar) and seemed to be a stand up guy....slow to deliver but considering his full time job at the Turlock Ford dealer I cut him some slack. Seeing his shop first had (always full) with plenty of clientele I said why not local only 20 minutes from me a club vendor, plenty of first had references lets do it.....ugh luckily for me Craig was going through his build (05 Stroker Turbo Project) while my car was at his shop and I came to my senses by not having him touch my Short block. I had Billy shipped out the SB to the builder to get it checked out. He had it for 8-9 months before he reinstalled the SB and refreashed heads (done by Valley Machine). However I pulled it out after it ran for 2-days the went poof and sat in his shop for another 2 months. I finally shipped the whole car to MMR. Where do I begin on MMR's findings...well I will post up that on a separate thread.

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
I will be the first to admit I regret recommending his shop to you and alot of other folks.

Vendicated Tuning (Billy) was a site vendor for a local car club I belong to and many members that had work done there were pretty happy for the most part. I first met Billy at one of our club dyno days in 09 and he busted his ass putting 27 car IIRC on the dyno...he is a likable fella and over a period of time trust develops especially being a site vendor.

If you notice a trend here its when he is asked to build a custom motor is when he looses his mind. He did small jobs for me (diagnose my Marauder/exhaust work/daughter's Cougar) and seemed to be a stand up guy....slow to deliver but considering his full time job at the Turlock Ford dealer I cut him some slack. Seeing his shop first had (always full) with plenty of clientele I said why not local only 20 minutes from me a club vendor, plenty of first had references lets do it.....ugh luckily for me Craig was going through his build (05 Stroker Turbo Project) while my car was at his shop and I came to my senses by not having him touch my Short block. I had Billy shipped out the SB to the builder to get it checked out. He had it for 8-9 months before he reinstalled the SB and refreashed heads (done by Valley Machine). However I pulled it out after it ran for 2-days the went poof and sat in his shop for another 2 months. I finally shipped the whole car to MMR. Where do I begin on MMR's findings...well I will post up that on a separate thread.

See that's the thing. He get's a lot of people by being a lot cheaper than anyone else..Well the old saying is very true in this case, you get what you pay for. I've known Billy for years but when I had my 03 Cobra I wouldn't let him touch it when it came to a tune. He and another guy installed a KB for me and he admitted to me at the time he had never installed one. Well when we take it to get it tuned at AED, all the vacuum lines were wrong, he had the BAP wired wrong etc. From that day forward he didn't really touch my Cobra anymore. IMO he does crappy work, he could care less about quality. As mentioned before im sure he's reading this, he used to when he got banned from here when he had MSX. How someone can steal from good friends is beyond me, lol but if someone says something his old thing would be to say "I hella hooked you up and now your going to turn on me" to make you feel bad. You guy's need to pursue this and not let it die, too many people have been royally screwed by that crook.

BOSS324

Established Member
Crappy doesn't describe his work; hack job is more accurate. But yes his workmanship is piss poor and crook is an understatement. Gullible people like me believed the "I hella hooked you up and now your going to turn on me" line.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Crappy doesn't describe his work; hack job is more accurate. But yes his workmanship is piss poor and crook is an understatement. Gullible people like me believed the "I hella hooked you up and now your going to turn on me" line.

Trust me I know a lot of people that fell for that line. I've even told people he was going to say it before he did, they would be like nah he wont say that. Lol, then call or text and be like yea he tried to flip the whole situation on me. No way if I was out the money or parts that some on here are would I be sitting on my hands. If I had to I would hire a private investigator to find out where he's at and make sure the cops were there to pick his ass up, seriously. I mean missing freakin vehicles, $5-6K in motors and cash gone...no way would it slide.

BOSS324

Established Member
Anyone have a phone number for Billy? He has had my truck on and off for 6 years and now no responses at all.

Damn I remember seeing your truck there back in November 2010 when I pulled my car out. How long has it been there? I remember first meeting Billy in 2009 I remember seeing it there?

BOSS324

Established Member
I think it's freakin crazy that people kept going to him after they knew what he was doing. We hadn't spoke for a long time after the MSX stuff, I stopped hanging out with him and most of the other guys that associated with him. However we did talk one time a while ago and he had told me he changed, he wasn't screwing people over etc. Then a couple months later I hear he is doing the same thing and people are getting screwed out of lot's of money and parts. He used the "my shop got broken into" on a friend of mine who was also a really good friend of his who ended up not getting his forged Mach motor and P&P heads with custom cams back.

Why the hell don't people file a police report against him? If there are enough people (which I know there are) it becomes a criminal offense not just a civil case.

How long ago did your buddy have Billy work on his Mach I? And what kind of cams did he have? Comp Cams 106400/300 or similar grinds?

Quik Z06

Established Member
How long ago did your buddy have Billy work on his Mach I? And what kind of cams did he have? Comp Cams 106400/300 or similar grinds?

Not sure, he posted on the last page "Charged Mach" He was friends will Billy for years and Billy completely screwed him over. I can ask him, he lost his built motor, cams, p&p heads.

*edit*
I should add Billy was notorious for giving away and selling peoples parts to other customers. He would take what people paid him and spend it on whatever and hope that the next job could cover the cash he just blew, which is why he would lag on getting peoples parts etc. He should have learned from MSX you can only do that so long before it catches up with you.

Last edited:

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
No luck. I just reported it stolen.

Jesus christ!

wtf, I can't believe there are this many people that can't even find their ****ing cars!

My blood would be boiling if I were you guys.

Good luck on the hunt; I know I'd be out looking for him around the clock.

08sprsnke

Yep That's a Woman's Ride
Established Member
It used to be called MSX (Modular Speedworx) He screwed a bunch of people then with that business, and blamed it on everyone else that was there with him. He never accepts the blame because it's just easier to pass it on. However this sounds WAY worse than MSX, with thousands of dollars missing as well as parts, not to mention vehicles...I don't think he can hide for that long, this is going to catch up to him.[/QUOT

I think that was the name (wish I would have kept that link) the thread was dated back in 07 0r 08. I'm pretty sure he was banned off of this site for doing the same things, same stories...
His days (have just got to be) numbered.......

BOSS324

Established Member
Not sure, he posted on the last page "Charged Mach" He was friends will Billy for years and Billy completely screwed him over. I can ask him, he lost his built motor, cams, p&p heads.

*edit*
I should add Billy was notorious for giving away and selling peoples parts to other customers. He would take what people paid him and spend it on whatever and hope that the next job could cover the cash he just blew, which is why he would lag on getting peoples parts etc. He should have learned from MSX you can only do that so long before it catches up with you.

Yeah seems like what happen with my Cams. I shipped him a set of FR500 valve-train kit minus springs. Mark over at MMR said their Comp Cam 106400/300 type grinds and not FR500s. I guess I am better off with that set of cams and at least I have my car and motor and all my stuff.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Guys, someone needs to send this to media and get this on TV no joke!! It will be like that one company that did the Eleanor GT500's.. I forget the name.. but seriously someone needs to get this to the media and start broadcasting this across CA. Down south and everything!

tropicmustang

Established Member
Took me forever to get a hold of the Stanislaus Civil Department in order to serve him. Anyone else who wants in on serving him I will post links to the papers that need to be filed with the courts sometime this week. I'm amazed at how many people have responded to this post. I hope you all are making an effort at suing this guy. I am going to try to turn this into a criminal case or at least try to get my hard earned money Back. Pm me for info

Last edited:

blwnmstc

Established Member
For u guys that are gonna try and sue him, have the recipes ready for proof that u paid his cuz if u don't there is nothing u will be able to do and the only reason I say this cuz a lot of people that considered him a FRIEND paid him cash without receiving a recipe and now they are screwed because they don't have proof that they paid him anything. Hopefully u guys get some justice cuz he has gotten away with too much. For those of u that are missing ur vehicles, I drove by his parents house and by his old shop and no cars except for a red foxbody.

Quik Z06

Established Member
For u guys that are gonna try and sue him, have the recipes ready for proof that u paid his cuz if u don't there is nothing u will be able to do and the only reason I say this cuz a lot of people that considered him a FRIEND paid him cash without receiving a recipe and now they are screwed because they don't have proof that they paid him anything. Hopefully u guys get some justice cuz he has gotten away with too much. For those of u that are missing ur vehicles, I drove by his parents house and by his old shop and no cars except for a red foxbody.

I totally agree, if you don't have a receipt you're pretty much screwed. Regardless as I mentioned before he is not afraid of being sued, which is why law enforcement has to be involved. I had a friend that gave another guy $7K and was promised it would be doubled (in real estate) or at least would get his $7K back. Well my friend never got anything back. He went to small claims court, won the judgement (since the other guy didn't show up) and asked ok how do I get my money. They said they couldn't do anything unless he had some assets to put a lien on. In other words going to court was worthless.

The thing that is hard to believe for me is that car's are actually missing. I mean maybe he has them somewhere, but if that's the case he should have called the owners and said hey come get your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread