Bits and pieces of KR (and more!)...

6-Speed

Established Member
Tob - looks just right IMO. The rear clearance to the wheels seems to to be less than the KR I saw ... perhaps the 19" tires are larger and help fill up the wheel well ... dunno. Regardless, it looks much better than before!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Mike, the 285's are waiting patiently to be installed on the front wheels (along with '07-'09 banded style TPMS sensors, etc). I'm so busy at work that I haven't had any free time.

I'll have to make time, as I have a set of True Forged's billet hood vents coming and I really want to finish up this entire install. I promise you this - as soon as I get the wider rubber mounted, this thread will be back up top.

Tob

redline

Established Member
what springs go with the kr shocks and struts ,now that we cannot get the springs.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks Chuck.

I purchased an extra pair of stock upper mounts via FRPP through Buyfordracing so that I could leave the stock strut/spring/mount assembly together and just store it as is. Truth is, I'd never go backwards and reinstall the stock struts, so I probably should have just taken everything apart and just saved the ~$65 on the mounts.

I was able to get withing Ford alignment specs but it still isn't optimized. Were I to do this again I would have installed MM C/C plates without hesitation.

Tob

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
very very nice write up. also looks like the pics you posted on this page show that the car has settled an looks great. congrats

Kevin P

Established Member
I installed the 2009 KR spring/shocks on my 2010 GT500 yesterday. The lowering is what one might call "subtle." Around 3/8" in the front, which I am actually perfectly happy with, and about 1/2 inch in the back, which isn't enough. But for $269 for shocks AND springs, its still a good deal. I might end up trying some different rear springs in the end, shooting for a 1" total drop.

And how the hell do you adjust camber on these things? It appears to me to be non-adjustable from the factory.

6-Speed

Established Member
I installed the 2009 KR spring/shocks on my 2010 GT500 yesterday. The lowering is what one might call "subtle." Around 3/8" in the front, which I am actually perfectly happy with, and about 1/2 inch in the back, which isn't enough. But for $269 for shocks AND springs, its still a good deal. I might end up trying some different rear springs in the end, shooting for a 1" total drop.

And how the hell do you adjust camber on these things? It appears to me to be non-adjustable from the factory.
Give it a few days for the springs to settle, then re-measure. +1 on the MM c/c plates for alignment.

Users who are viewing this thread