buddy grenaded his motor

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
It's interesting that we hold each other to higher ethical standards than we do our politicians, where responsibility is based more on politics than ethics..
. You might, I don't.

jbs$

Established Member
A healthy dose of integrity never hurt anyone, be it in business or their personal life.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Mods please trash this thread, way off topic and Target. Guess evolution and my.buddy are the only 13 rod failures thus far...question answered.

jbs$

Established Member
As I read the "blown engine" issue, the guy had mods with out a real plan, killed the RPM limiter, who know where the timing was, then dogged the hell out of the motor with no break in. The results appear to be predictable

cclark

Established Member
^ in a case like this where the driver/owner is a moron and mods it to hell and drives it like he stole it, it's obvious his fault and the dealer doesn't deserve to replace it on their expense. However if someone does a few minor bolt ons (cai, midpipe, quite possibly a tune or pulley) and doesn't drive it like a tard and is a freak accident that the motor blows and thy determine no mods played a part in it blowing then yeah why wouldn't/shouldn't the dealer fix it? And in this case I feel a lot of owners would turn their car back to stock if they knew it wouldn't be covered.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
As I read the "blown engine" issue, the guy had mods with out a real plan, killed the RPM limiter, who know where the timing was, then dogged the hell out of the motor with no break in. The results appear to be predictable

I would think lowering the rpms by 500-600 would solve this problem for people upping the power limit...

rford13

Established Member
Pretty sure Evolution blew their motor not Lethal, but yea speculation was 1000whp.

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Anyoine know for SURE, what brand forged rods are in the 13 Shelby??? Also, which brand piston?

Jroc

Established Member
IMHO 2013 GT500 owners looking to replace their rods should say **** Manley H-Beams,(or any H-Beams for that matter) and go with some billet I-Beams from either Manley or Oliver.

Some forged H-Beams are good rods, but the new GT500's have huge HP potential very easy and billet I-Beam are just a better rods, but I do think they command about $1,200 for a set of 8. KB is making well over 1000 HP with one of their blowers on one for example.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I would def use billet I beams and a stout piston...power potential would be thru the roof.

8urV8

Addicted To Boost!!!
Established Member
Thats just nuts killed a motor already! Heck get a built bad boy motor put in and send your bud to driving school.:dancenana:

GreggsSVT

Established Member
That's quite a large number of people on here you're calling a liar. I for a fact have told dealers to NOT warranty things before that weren't their issue. I also make sure I go to dealerships that can tell the difference between an OEM issue and a mods issue and are willing to work with me on it. I also have even paid techs MORE than they originally asked before because it turned in to more of a deal than they were expecting. It's called having personal accountability and some f*cking ethics. Something a lot of people in this country seem to be forgetting.. You know, back when you could just shake hands with another person and know their word was enough. Some of you seem to be more Cardassian and Ferengi than Human.

Well said!

Users who are viewing this thread