Bug Out Gear

Saleen498

Established Member
I know where the liberals in my neighborhood live if I have a need to commandeer anything :D
My neighborhood IS the liberals.

I was going with the dead hooker storage……
Once SHTF is in full effect traditional methods are out the window. There really would be no need to kill the hooker. It would be more responsible to put them to work in the fields since pay would no longer be a concern. I'm actually not even sure if it would be considered hooking if the payment is "not death"
Regardless, plastic bags for bodies that "accidentally" perished from choking too hard would be redundant. Those bodies are better off as pig feed. No one is coming looking in SHTF

blubyu87gt

Established Member
I have a couple of these and some other faraday equipment to keep electronics in. Mostly because my line of work now, but also for some SHTF scenarios.

Attachments

• IMG_7371.jpeg
    IMG_7371.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 30

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
A modern bugout isn't going to play out the way people think it is. Nobody is bugging out and surviving off the land in today's day and age. That knowledge is long gone. I think a lot of those premade packs are selling a fantasy and your money would be better spent on survival training.

My bugout bag is my backpacking/trekking kit plus firearms, basic tools, change of clothes, and gas. The reality is that if the shit hit the fan most of us would be stranded in cities.
Bingo, can forget most ground transport out of large cities… freeways will be fubar’d… better have a private license, small plane or helicopter..

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Or a dirt bike or something small and capable that can detour roads. I think about that because I live off the evac route for Mt Rainier. I just imagine the roads are going to be packed getting out but I really only need to go 10min in any direction to get up a hill. I don't trust taking the roads are going to work.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Or a dirt bike or something small and capable that can detour roads. I think about that because I live off the evac route for Mt Rainier. I just imagine the roads are going to be packed getting out but I really only need to go 10min in any direction to get up a hill. I don't trust taking the roads are going to work.

Roads in and near the cities will be a slaughter house...dead people and burning cars everywhere

Worst part is all those ****s that make out of the city will be coming my way to thier cabins like they do in the summer

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Roads in and near the cities will be a slaughter house...dead people and burning cars everywhere

Worst part is all those ****s that make out of the city will be coming my way to thier cabins like they do in the summer
Thats why you strategically plan out which trees to drop in order to stop/delay road traffic, be sure to consider the altered foot traffic pattern from where traffic gets bottle necked. Just remember youre gonna loose that road too unless its cleared out.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Defending my land/home makes way more sense than fleeing to some unknown area that has unknown amounts of resources. At least I know my terrain, and I have way more supplies at home than can fit into a bag.

Now for you city folks, you may be out of luck.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I have thought on it more and if SHTF that is so disruptive, enough to cause a complete breakdown of law and order, comms, all civil discourse. Then bugout plans are pretty much moot, because it will probably be a nuclear exchange with china or russia, maybe NK. Where are you going to go, a bunker? Lol how many of us have those? Mutually assured destruction, thinking any restraint or the idea of a limited exchange goes right out there window once those birds fly.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Defending my land/home makes way more sense than fleeing to some unknown area that has unknown amounts of resources. At least I know my terrain, and I have way more supplies at home than can fit into a bag.

Now for you city folks, you may be out of luck.
Exactly....stand by to repel looters etc lol

I should put wind and yard markers on my drive way lol...its about 1000 ft long lol

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I just want to say that once we reach the defensive/scavenging stage of things, you have a nearly unlimited propellant for an IED. I haven't tried it myself but I've thought for a long time that an airbag in a bucket or pipe as a means to direct the energy and then filled with nails, screws, metal shards, etc. I'm thinking if you had a choke point and set a few up on either side that the energy would be enough to send the debris out fast enough to severely injure/incapacitate someone. Has anyone seen that done before and did it work?

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I just want to say that once we reach the defensive/scavenging stage of things, you have a nearly unlimited propellant for an IED. I haven't tried it myself but I've thought for a long time that an airbag in a bucket or pipe as a means to direct the energy and then filled with nails, screws, metal shards, etc. I'm thinking if you had a choke point and set a few up on either side that the energy would be enough to send the debris out fast enough to severely injure/incapacitate someone. Has anyone seen that done before and did it work?
Post-apocalypse airbag claymore lol.

airbagclaymore.gif

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
The 30,000 - 50,000 annual Chinese invaders. Add to that the Chinese government is aggressively buying up farm land around key military and infrastructure monuments. Very real, and potentially the first country to allow an invading force to infiltrate it's society at large.

Everybody hates America, but nobody will stay the **** away. Makes sense to me!

jessie_sanders

Established Member
I'm screwed if I have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where tacos live.

But seriously, once I run out of beer, what's there to live for?
You speak truth.

Bourbon, I guess?

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

MICHAELPAUL

Established Member
Small pieces of silver. Grams or single OZ type. Some 90% silver, pre 64 coins. If SHTF, we bill be using the barter system very quickly. Cash will be worthless! You wont be able to get change on large pieces of gold or Silver.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Small pieces of silver. Grams or single OZ type. Some 90% silver, pre 64 coins. If SHTF, we bill be using the barter system very quickly. Cash will be worthless! You wont be able to get change on large pieces of gold or Silver.
Something tells me that a handful of 22LR will be more valuable than a bag full of gold when SHTF.

Users who are viewing this thread