(C6Z burnout) Retiring my stock tires on my C6 Z06 for new 345's.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
That Z is nice dont get me wrong but that cobras stance is so much meaner looking to me. Just my opinion. I like those vettes but I gotta stick with the snake. Would be cool if you could have the best of both worlds!

I'm with you on the Cobra's stance and how nasty it looked...BUT the Cobra was slam'd and my Z06 is untouched as far as suspension goes. Now, the Z06 lowered looks better to me, especially with the widebody it comes with stock. The widebody just does it for me.
The problem I had with the Cobra was that the exhaust scraped on everything everywhere...the Z06's exhaust was all tucked up under the car nicely, much better design. The bottom of the car is flat too.
46104_647206970384_50309125_36244200_7184161_n.jpg

Last edited:

SVTFastBack

Established Member
hope it went better then [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM3So0U1BMQ"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Nino S

Established Member
the more C6Z videos I see the closer I am to getting rid of my KB Cobra for one. Just cant get away from the twin screw scream!

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Here are some pics of the new tires for those who requested some pics! :beer:
They are about 13"+ wide. About 3/4" wider than stock 325s.
Pics were taken from a 3g iPhone...not best quality but it gets the point across.

Again, these are 345/30/19 Michelin Pilotsports on the stock rim. Fits PERFECTLY.
Reartire1.jpg

Reartire.jpg

Last edited:

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
the more C6Z videos I see the closer I am to getting rid of my KB Cobra for one. Just cant get away from the twin screw scream!

I haven't really looked back. It is a better car in general, however, the cobra was more of the fact that is was a 'COBRA'...the baddest of all stangs!
The KB scream is addicting but this car stock is very hard to take down with another car that might have a lot of work in it. Its lighter, more aerodynamic, newer, etc. The pro's outweigh the con's with Z06 VS terminator. I get plenty of stares and thumbs up in traffic. And its a completely different crowd than the mustang crowd. If you drive one or ride in one...you'll be impressed, even if its stock. But don't get me wrong, KB Cobra is sickk, but its even more impressive when you're pulling away from one in a car with little to no work done to it. ;-)

MattxFatal

Established Member
Nice Z, sounds great.

I started laughing when I heard AAL in the video, literally just stopped listening to that album like 20 minutes ago.

Did you follow Tosin when he was still playing with Reflux before they split?
Amazing stuff man.
-Matt

fangstang

Established Member
Do you hear a big difference between the Pilotsports and the Goodyears as far as road noise? I'm going to have to replace the tires on my car soon and I still haven't decided on which to run yet.

Did I hear a small hint of initial wheel hop at the beginning of that last burn out?

U.M.

I went from the stock Goodyears to non-runflat Michelin Pilot PS2's on my 19/20 HREs and there is a BIG difference in road noise and handling. It also doesnt trammel as much and grip is way up. I love them and will only use PS2's from now on for my Z and M3. Expensive, but worth it IMO

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
I went from the stock Goodyears to non-runflat Michelin Pilot PS2's on my 19/20 HREs and there is a BIG difference in road noise and handling. It also doesnt trammel as much and grip is way up. I love them and will only use PS2's from now on for my Z and M3. Expensive, but worth it IMO

+1
This is the same response I got from a buddy of mine with a C6Z when he did the switch to PS2's. Less road noise, better grip and handling, etc. I just can't notice any road noise because exhaust is too loud to hear it. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread