"cammed" 2011 5.0 (Video)

2011GT5.0

Established Member
I think it sounds good! I'm not going to race mine(unfortunately).... I plan on buying cams eventually but for a great cam sound why not save a little over 1k (just guessing) for now!!

ViciousJay

Established Member
Just a quick video of my 2011 5.0 with a before and after of what just a tune can do. Yes, I can drive it.

YouTube - 2011 5.0 "Cammed" Idle

I have a 93 Performance tune purchased through Evolution Performance and tuned by none other then Jon Lund of Lund Racing. For more information you can contact Jon if you are interested in obtaining this tune file for your own vehicle. You may even get in touch with Evolution to see about having there tune packages to include it. Thanks

i was told this car has Boss cams... care to enlighten anyone to this?

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I spoke with Evo Performance Monday and placed my order for a tuner with this tune, he said it would ship when tune was complete, sometime end of next week. I received a call today from them, they stated the tune is 98% there but they're still working out some bugs and did not know now when it would be available and were going to ship my tuner anyway and they would notify me when the tune was complete.

Jason

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I wonder what the "bugs" are on this. The fact they wanted to go ahead and ships JSwarek's tuner instead of waiting makes me worried.

Whocares05050

Established Member
Update.

New video is up. For those who wish they can have only a "little" lope at idle, or less aggressive, this may be for you.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB3CWx2-B-M&feature=channel_video_title"]YouTube - 2011 5.0 "Cammed" Idle (less aggressive)[/nomedia]

Whocares05050

Established Member
I wonder what the "bugs" are on this. The fact they wanted to go ahead and ships JSwarek's tuner instead of waiting makes me worried.

Just like with all of the performance tunes out there, they have to be tuned for different mods. more specific, intakes mostly. My car has a JLT intake. They are also working on other intakes and combos to be sure drivability is great. Also, to see all the different cammed profiles they like the best. no need to worry...

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Just like with all of the performance tunes out there, they have to be tuned for different mods. more specific, intakes mostly. My car has a JLT intake. They are also working on other intakes and combos to be sure drivability is great. Also, to see all the different cammed profiles they like the best. no need to worry...

So is your tune complete then? I don't think my tuner has shipped yet, I'm hoping Evolution can get this tune buttoned up before my tuner ships. Only mods are exhaust and JLT intake, sounds like that's what you've got as well.

Jason

Whocares05050

Established Member
Well you cant always please everyone... lmao. Some will like it sounding as if its going to rip your head off and others want just a hint of a loped idle is all. I prefer somewhere in the middle, which, is another file i have installed at the moment. hehe

03screamingSVT

Established Member
As for driveability on this tune, its manners are like stock and going to make more power and sound nasty. They have the file I believe so you can just get the idle or go with the complete 93 oct tune. I dont think there will be others coming out with it very soon that will have the driveability manners this file has. There is a lot of time invested and it shows. I spent a little time driving around Friday with this file and there are ZERO issues. Just sitting at the light with stock exhaust on the car you will catch people lowering the window beside you listening. Hearing it in person will make you want to go out and buy a 2011, I think I might have to now....

Users who are viewing this thread