Car Care Products...

20-COBRA-03

Banned
We are going to pick up our car on friday so i want to get some supplys that im going to need to keep it clean and protected. I want to know what wax you guys with Oxford White use? How many layers do you apply and what are the steps? What is the best chrome polish on the market for the rims and what about stainess polish for the exhaust tips? What are you using on the interior on the dash and on the seats? How do you keep the engine bays so clean, what works good keeping the valve covers and blower clean? I plan to keep our car for a long time and i want to try to keep it like it will be on day one. Thanks a lot.

Way2QWK

Established Member
I use a Clay Magic clay bar first to get the car paint clean. Next I use Meguires NXT wax, its cheap and easily available at walmart or the autoparts store. very easy to apply and take off. The best readily available wax Ive used. For extra shine, I use Clearkote Carnuba Moose wax from SMP. On metal and chrome I have found that Eagle One's NeverDull works the best. Comes in a silver metal can. I hand wash my motor every time I wash the car. Looks cleaner than when I bought it off the lot. I use compressed air to dry.:burnout:

WDW MKR

Established Member
Definitely check out the websites that are mentioned above. I am currently using 3M Imperial Hand Glaze and P21S Carnuba. It gives excellent results! I previously used Zaino, but like this much better. If I ever switch from my current combo, it will be to Clearkote Carnuba Moose and Klasse from SMP.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
If you want tips on how to properly detail, here are your resources:

1) The Autopia Guide to Detailing
2) Autopia Car Care Forum

If you want my advice as far as how to get an AWESOME look on your car (Oxford White), here are my suggestions:

1) Wash
2) Pinnacle PolyClay
3) Klasse All-In-One (2 applications)
4) Klasse High-Gloss Sealant Glaze (2 coats, waiting 24 hours in between)
5) P21S (2+ coats)

If you want advice on where to buy products, use either of these sites for the best in terms of products, prices, and customer service (and yes, all of the above can be found on these sites):

1) Classic Motoring Accessories
2) Autopia Car-Care Store

Hope you get some good results man!! With these products, it will be a no brainer though!! :thumbsup:

Rdnckhoops

You have no idea what you are talking about. But I am a big Stupid. :shrug:

Last edited by HISSMAN on 10-20-2004 at 06:27 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Originally posted by 94 Superbolt
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Shut up little Bro.

Brother = :burn: = HISSMAN :mj:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Don't make me edit your post so that it says you are retarted. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread